Sr Vmware And Windows Administrator Resume
- Having around 7+ years of experience in the field of Information Technology working as VMware and Windows System administrator.
- Manage deployment, maintenance, support and upgrade of servers, hardware, software, operating systems and distributed printers in a Microsoft Windows operating system and server environment.
- Expertise as a VMware Administrator in a Data Center environment comprising of vSphere 5.x and vSphere 4.x.
- Worked on projects related to installation and configuration of VMware vCenter and VMware ESXi.
- Successfully implemented and managing vCenter Operations Manager (vCOps) and vRealize Operations Manager (vROps)
- Experience in Installation and configuration of VMware Update Manager and handled vCenter and ESXi updates/patches using VUM server.
- Actively involved in planning and executing for updating the VMware environment from 5.0 to 5.5.
- Upgrading VM tools and Hardware versions in the process of upgrading the ESXI hosts from 5.0 to 5.5
- Building new 5.5 ESXI Clusters using Auto Deploy and Host Profiles on Cisco UCS hardware.
- Building and managing the Virtual Appliances based on the requirements using OVA and OVF templates.
- Excellent understanding on ESX Architecture, setting up of VM priorities, Cloning and Snapshots, Virtual Network, ESX Server, ESXi Server .
- Experience in Creating the VMs/Templates, Windows/Linux Guest O/S installations.
- In Depth knowledge of Installing, Configuring, Managing, Troubleshooting and maintenance of ESX/ESXi Servers using Command line.
- Experience in configuring the hardware like Cisco UCS, Dell PowerEdge, HP ProLiant and Super Micro.
- Worked on upgrading the Virtualization Infrastructure and performing P2V and V2V conversions.
- Experience in virtualizing desktop applications for use in a VDI environment through VMware ThinApp and App Volumes. nowledge of Business continuity solutions for VMware vSphere using InMage Scout and Veeam Backup and replicator.
- Worked on maintaining Business Continuity and performing Disaster Recovery (DR) using VMware Site Recovery Manager (SRM)
- Experience in managing the Brocade SAN switches, EMC clarion and HDS AMS/SMS Arrays, HBAs and other storage products.
- Well Versed in Operation of IP data Networks (Functions of Routers, Switches, OSI and TCP/IP models)
- Experienced in Configuring LAN Switching Technologies, IP Routing technologies, IP services, IP addressing and WAN technologies
- Administration and management of SCCM, Active Directory, OU, Group Policy in Windows Server 2003 and 2008 server architecture.
- Experience on configuration and management of Windows Server 2012 on Active Directory, GPO, DNS, DHCP, File Service, Print Service, iSCSI Target Service, NTFS Permission, File Level Permission, User/ Group/Computer Account Management, DFS, Patch Management, Auditing, WDS, WSUS, IP Address Management, Domain and Forest Functional Level, Trust Relationship, etc
- Worked on Windows clustering 2003/2008/R2 in Failover cluster and Load Balance Network.
- Basic to intermediate Knowledge of PowerShell and VB Script.
- Excellent leadership qualities, good communication skills and interpersonal skills, extremely self - motivated, quick learner, team player.
VMWARE: VMware vSphere4.x and 5.x (ESX/ESXi, vCenter, VMware converter, VMware update manager) and VMware Infrastructure 3.5 and 3.0,VMware Site Recovery Manger(SRM), vRealize Operations Manager (vROps).
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows XP, Vista, 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows 2003 SP1, Windows Server 2000, Redhat and SuSE.
APPLICATION SERVERS: Microsoft Active Directory 2003, Microsoft Exchange 5.5, Microsoft Exchange 2000, DHCP, DNS and WINS Services, Microsoft Internet Information Services 6.0, Remote Desktop Service (RDS).
STORAGE TECHNOLOGIES: EMC clarion, VNX and VMAX, NetApp, HP EVA
DESKTOP APPLICATION: Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook 2003 and Evolution, Open Office
Sr VMware and Windows Administrator
- Installing and managing ESXi hosts on Cisco UCS and HP hardware using Auto Deploy.
- Installing and managing vCenter Servers.
- Installed, configured and administering Microsoft Windows 2008 R2/2003 Servers.
- Created Cloned VM Machines for Test assignment and test applications using automated Agora services.
- Manage Cisco Hardware and communicating with TAT and Cisco team in order to resolve the hardware issues in the environment.
- Creating and associating service profile templates on Cisco UCS to different ESXI hosts.
- Upgrading VM tools and Virtual Hardware versions on Production and Non-Production VM’s by scheduling downtime.
- Configuring Datastore for newly build Clusters and communicating with SAN team for Datastore expansions.
- Managing Snapshots and deleting the orphaned VMDKS using the VMware CLI.
- Actively involved in Disaster recovery test process.
- Configuring DRS rules on clusters with multiple ESXi hosts.
- Communicating with Citrix team in order to migrate there 5.0 XENAPP hosts to 5.5.
- Migrating production VM’s to different VCenter’s by scheduling downtime.
- Generating weekly reports using vROps for analyzing VM’s performance and capacity management.
- Monitoring Datastore’s and virtual hardware resources for all clusters across different VCenter’s.
- Worked on design documents of vSphere environment for business critical applications.
- Involved in developing virtualization design including physical and logical architecture.
- Created VM Machines for test environments to test applications.
- Involved in developing virtual application sizing, a virtual machine layout and a vSphere cluster layout.
- Involved in developing VCenter services system design, networking, storage layout and backup and recovery (HA).
- Used tools such as Platespin/VMware converter to work on ESXI environment for P2V conversions.
- Installed and Tested VMware Site Recovery Manager (SRM 4.x/5.x) for the disaster recovery and managed recovery plans.
- Used VCenter server heartbeat to protect virtual Infrastructure from downtime related to application, configuration, and OS, Network or Hardware problems for HA.
- Implementation for Active Directory infrastructure and protocols such as TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS and Group Policy.
- Creating User accounts and groups in Active Directory.
- Performed technical expertise for windows systems environments on issues related to servers, local services, data centers and server configuration.
VMware and Windows Administrator
- Installed, configured and administering Microsoft Windows 2003/2000 servers.
- Involved in the VMware implementation and expansion work.
- Added 50+ hosts bringing total to 105 managed hosts and administered more than 1500+ VMs.
- Created and managed separate VMware clusters for Non-Production, Production and testing.
- Perform capacity analysis of production environment using VMware Capacity Planner.
- VMware tools upgrading and Windows patch updates.
- Migrated datacenters and converted physical servers to virtual servers using VMware and HP Blade servers.
- Installed and configured SRM at production and DR sites.
- Created and managed resource pools for Virtual Machines.
- Monitoring and managing performance of ESX servers and Virtual Machines using Virtual Center Server for HA, DRS.
- Involved in live migration of Virtual Machines and Virtual machines files using the VMotion and Storage VMotion.
- Handled the VMware solutions to support multiple storage connectivity options such as FC-SAN, iSCSI, NFS (NAS) and internal storage.
- Administered and setup print servers in Windows 2003/2000 server.
- Creation & Troubleshooting of Virtual Network, ESXi& Virtual Machines.
- Creation of templates from VMs and deploying VMs from templates.
- Administer for windows server and all related server services including FTP, AD, DNS, DHCP and VPN.
- Designing, maintaining, recovering and supporting Microsoft Exchange Server 2003/2007/2010.
- Created Virtual environment by using VMware ESX Server.
- Creating a test Environment in VM Machines for Production Team to test their applications.
- Experience with data center hosting web sites maintaining application servers.
- Perform regular maintenance of Server 2008 and2003, which consist of adding users, editing user login scripts and granting permission to directories and shared files.
- Provide Active Directory, Group policy and user profile maintenance.
- Provided technical support to troubleshoot network connectivity, network printing and user access issue.
- Troubleshoot windows infrastructure by resolving trouble tickets assigned by the users.
- Maintained and track hardware and software inventory and documents.
- Maintaining documentation and process for supported systems and applications.
- Configured and managed VMware ESX server 3.5 and Virtual Center 2.5
- Designed and implemented a 45 node ESX environment using multiple clusters
- Converted 150 plus physical to Virtual conversions for datacenter consolidation project using Virtual Centre Server for HA, DRS and vMotion.
- Creating and Managing VMware cluster with HA and DRS, Resource Pool for Virtual Machines.
- Monitoring and managing performance of ESX servers and Virtual Machines without a VI Client using VI web console (VI Web Access)
- Involved in live migration of Virtual Machines and Virtual machines files using the vMotion and Storage vMotion.
- Upgraded VMware Tools and Windows patch updates.
- Migrated datacenters and converted physical servers to virtual servers and HP Blade servers using VMware vConverter resulting in a reduction of racks and power usage, decrease downtime during maintenance and upgrades and improved monitoring
- Management and administration of Windows 2000/2003 Active directory (Created Accounts, Reset Passwords, and Allowed Access to different Directories using NTFS permissions)
- Performed hands-on administration and monitoring of Computer networks (LAN/WAN) Responsible for Technical training and Recruitment activities
- Managed the installation and configuration of Windows 2003 Server and Network Management Using MS System Center SCCM 2007 and SCOM Infrastructure.
- Managed XP Workstations Installation and configuration of DNS, DHCP and WINS servers.
- Provided server and client support for all issues such as logon failures, account lockout, network connectivity and authentication issues
- Troubleshot and resolve computer problems; built and upgrade systems; install software and perform general troubleshooting
- Handled multiple tasks to meet project deadlines
- Developed and updated the required system administration documentation
IT Technical Specialist
- Identifying the errors, diagnosing the debugs, and notifying the issues with the on-going development of the applications servers like Siebel CRM, MOBY, SIIAM Amdocs CRM and RN Database etc.
- Testing the prototype devices of the new products like T-Hub that is not yet launched into the market. Also get the feedback from the trail users, documenting problems experienced by test users, developing the solutions for the debugs, update the resolution procedures in RND (Right Now Database) that is the GUI tool used by FOH (Front of House) consultants while dealing with consumer and business clients.
- Provides the advice related to upgrading the systems, equipment, and software’s in according to the on-going developments and changes at client’s environment.
- Based on the client requirement write and change the programming for the PSTN and Digital Business IP Telephony systems by using the XDM programming tool.
- Assisting business clients with their Microsoft Suite products, domain administration, and premium hosting services that includes mission control login (domain management tool), active directory and domain related mail hosting.
- Contact and communicate with various departments on behalf of the consumer depending on the Trouble Ticket type, complexity for best resolution.
- Escalate the issues to the higher level service specialists, network engineers, testers etc. based on the outcome and complexity of the issue.
- Provide procedural documentation and ongoing maintenance documentation for client’s network when requested by consumers and stakeholders via emails.
- By use of SIEBEL CRM and other portals for lodging the interactions of every communication.
- Assisting Confidential rollout customer to setup, troubleshoot Confidential equipment and digital voice telephone service.
- Escalating concern Confidential network related issue to the Confidential Corporation as well as Confidential services team.
- Troubleshoot and help to set up the various Internet products such as ADSL, ADSL2+, Cable, NextG USB Broadband Internet, Wi-Fi internet, and Fibre Optic smart community internet services.
- Solve Broadband relevant issues on internet browser such as internet Explorer v 6.0, 7.0 and 8.0 and other Web Browsers like Safari and Mozilla Firefox etc.
- Solve the issues related to TCP/IP, IPX and NetBIOS protocol errors for customers.
- Determine the appropriate hardware and software requirements to meet customer needs and refer appropriate products and software’s based on the client requirements.
- Provide information on the efficient use of applications and equipment.
- Follow-up the issues and close the tickets based on the clients response and update the feedback to the tickets.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes