Senior Engineer Resume
- 6 years of extensive experience in Windows Systems and Virtualization Design Implementation and troubleshooting of mission critical IT systems assignments. Deploy, upgrade and manage systems, including virtual infrastructure, hardware, software, networks, servers and peripheral equipment.VMware and Windows
- Motivated, enthusiastic, and pro - active Virtual System Administrator with an excellent 'can-do' attitude.
- Extensive experience in Windows 2012/2008/2003/2000 servers at single or multi domain platforms.
- Expert in Windows Server System Administration skills.
- Hands-on experience in Project Management, Deployment, Installation, Administration, Maintenance and Troubleshooting of various Microsoft Operating Systems and Application, Networks and Computers.
- Experience in Active Directory, GPOs, DNS, DHCP, File & Print Server, IIS(Web Server), IIS 5.1/6.0/7, FTP, Terminal Server, WSUS, Microsoft Clustering.
- Experience with Virtualization technologies like Installing, Configuring and administering VMware ESX/ESXi and created and managed VMs (virtual server) and also involved in the maintenance of the virtual server.
- Expertise in building Microsoft Windows 2012, 2008/R2 & 2003 servers, Array configurations, diagnosing server and Updating Firmware, Application Software under multi-platform environments, deployment & monitoring physical Servers.
- Expertise in Server Health Checks, Security, Vulnerability Assessment and Patch Management
- Experience in managing multiple Windows systems with Fusion & IEM providing patch management, remote control, software distribution.
- Worked on ESX and ESXi 3.x, 4.x and 5.x.
- Worked on vCenter Server 4.1 and 5.1 for managing multiple ESXi Servers.
- Build and troubleshooting experience with ESX Servers and ESXi Servers, vSphere and vCenter manager.
- Worked extensively on Templates and clones.
- Implemented and managed HA and DRS clusters.
- Attended corporate training on VMware VSphere 4.x & Windows 2003, 2008 & 2012.
- Knowledge on iSCSI SAN, NAS, NFS storage and RAID concept.
- Strong noledge on Server, Desktop and Application Virtualization.
- Experience with x86 / x64 IBM, HP & Dell hardware like rack-mounted servers, tower servers, desktop, laptop and other peripherals.
- Administrating, creating and modifying DNS records, DHCP scope and reservation, DFS link, Web servers including record/scope creation, troubleshooting, DNS and managing user and group accounts Administration.
- Expertise in the area of Virtualization with vSphere 5.0/4.x, VMware ESXi 5, 4 and 3.x hosts and Virtual Center server.
- Involved in upgrading ESX 4.1 to ESXi 5.0.
- Strong understanding of VMware Networking concepts like creation of vSwitches, different types of portgroups, NIC Teaming and VLAN Problem management on VMware ESX 4.X and Virtual Center and vMotion.
- Familiar with Data Center/Server Farm environment like Servers deployment, Cabling & labeling, maintaining AC cooling, Environmental Sensing Devices, power and UPS monitoring.
- ESX Architecture, guest OS installation, setting up of VM priorities and Cloning and snapshots.
- ITIL Process, Problem and Change Management.
Languages: Power shell and PL/SQL.
Web Servers: Apache 1.3.20, IIS 5,6 & 7 and Tomcat.
Application Servers: Weblogic, Websphere.
Database Servers: Oracle 9.X, and MS SQL Server.
Backup: Windows Backup (wbadmin /ntbackup) and Tivoli TSM
ITMS Tools: Managenow, Remedy, Maximo, ISM Maximo and Team Foundation server.
IDE / Tools: IEM, Fusion.
Operating System: Windows Server OS's and Sun Solaris 10.
Virtualizations: VMware ESX/ ESXi 4.x and 5.x and Microsoft AZURE
- Administering 2 VMware Virtual Centers with more than 230 ESX Servers and 2700 VMs,
- Creating, Deploying, Managing Test and Production, Guest VM’s on ESX servers.
- Installing VM tools after upgrade of ESX on each VM manually,
- Extending, Adding new drives,
- Performing Warm and Cold Migrations of VMs between ESX servers.
- Performing the storage migration.
- Deploying VM's from the Clones and Templates.
- Cloning the VMs from 4.x to 5.x, with trouble shooting steps.
- Installation of OS remotely through RSA, DRAC and Deployment of VMs in VC.
- Build’s and Decommissions of server, (Including VM, stand alone,)(i.e. Domain controllers, Web servers, App server, File servers, Citrix server, DBA servers, etc).
- Worked on Windows 2003 Sun set project
- Build the server in DMZ (Demilitarized zone) Environment.
- Build new Virtual machines and Standalone servers by installing all standard tools per customer's request Like ITM( IBM Tivoli monitoring), Tivoli end point, Net view monitoring, Land disk, Fusion, VSA, SEP, RA, SEA, Dell open manager, IBM director, etc.
- Decommission of servers as per customer's request which involves in removing of all the server nodes from the monitoring tools, disjoining from Active Directory, Domain.
- Removing the DNS entries, if its VM deleting VM from VC, If stand alone sever scrub the hard drive, removing the server from CMI (Capacity Manager Integrator)
- Upgrade of OS from win2003 to win2008/2012 and 2008 to 2012 either its stand alone or VMs
- Flipping the IP address for refresh of servers.
- Server Re-builds due to any issues on the existing servers.
- Validating the Tools, services as per the customer's policies and settings.
- Perform quality check (QA) on new build servers.
- Creating change request as per the requirements and moving them to productions, Attend change calls to represent the changes and giving technical justifications for the changes.
- Coordinating with the Local H&F, Vendors to find and resolve the H/W issue on the servers.
- Troubleshooting the Dell iDrac, IBM RAS issues with H&F.
- Teaming up with AT&T for resolving the network port issues on the servers.
Environment: s: Win2003, 2008 & 2012, VMware ESX/ ESXi 4.x, 5.x and VCenter server.
- Building New clusters (Clouds) for Public (Azure) and Private Clouds.
- Building and configuring Windows Server 2012 and 2008 Datacenter Utility Servers for new Datacenters.
- Validation of Network devices such as TOR/Switches, Load Balancer, Power Distribution Units.
- Deploy Fabric Client and Software Load Balancer on all the Clusters.
- Investigating and troubleshooting on failed blades/servers during Buildout process.
- Configuring and fixing the faulty Controllers/PDU’s.
- Working with component teams, when their are issues with the deployments
- Tracking the tasks and issues through ticketing system by Team Foundation Server
- Coordinating with the Microsoft and external vendors for quickly resolving the Hardware issues on blades/Network devices during Buildout.
- Maintain the SLAs and making sure dat the Clusters are handed off within the SLAs
- Updating and renewing troubleshooting guides on monthly basis.
- Working with MOC on N/W issues and fixing them.
- Identify the loopholes and debug to improve the process.
- Inter-team noledge sharing for the newly launched features and updates.
Environment: Microsoft Azure, Fabric, FC, UFC, SAC, PDU Win2008 & 2012 and Power shell.
- Managing VMware infrastructure environment with 50+ ESX servers, 1000 plus virtual machines.
- VM Servers build & rebuild (Deploying the New VM from the Template and Cloning an Existing VM) as per the client request through change management process.
- Installing and configuring ESX, ESXi servers.
- Installing, configuring and managing virtual infrastructure and vCenter.
- Creating and managing resource pools and adding the VM's into resource pools.
- Creating and managing virtual machines and installing VM Tools into VM's.
- Manage VM's using VMware vCenter.
- Managing VM's through web access.
- Installation and configuration of virtual machines in an Enterprise SAN and NAS environment.
- Security hardening and Monitoring of VM's & ESX servers (CPU, Memory, Disk, Network Utilization) for Security Compliance.
- Creating and managing VMware cluster. Enabling HA and DRS features in a cluster.
- P2V and V2V conversions by using VMware Converter.
- Performing Snapshots, Cloning, cold migrations and hot migrations.
- Creating templates from VM's and deploy VM's from templates and allocate resources.
- Creating duplicate VM's using cloning technology.
- Moving VM's from one LUN to another LUN using Storage vMotion.
- Performance tuning of VMware servers, Virtual sessions and management of server resources between virtual machines.
- Configuring alarms.
- Root Cause & System Log Analysis and reporting.
- Troubleshooting problems with the help of Event Logs.
- Manage task, events and alarms.
- Troubleshooting virtual machine issues.
- Manage users, groups, permissions and roles.
- Adding a New Virtual Disk and Extending existing Virtual Disk.
Environment: Win2003, 2008 & 2012, VMware ESX/ ESXi 4.x, 5.x and VCenter server.
- Providing L2+ support for Windows and resolve them within SLA
- Managing and troubleshooting Print servers containing more than 100 printers on a server.
- Creating Print Q’s as per the request and managing them.
- Troubleshooting Tivoli monitoring alerts for Windows 2003/2008 Servers like disk space, memory utilization, backup, ITM, Hardware issues etc.
- Knowledge on DHCP, DNS and Active Directory roles.
- Troubleshooting the systems and applications software issues the tickets opened by the customer for technical problem and supporting client.
- Project setup and Testing as per client requirements, updating Service packs, hot fixes up to date and also critical updates for Windows.
- Performing Backup and Restore through NT Backup
- Logging calls with Vendors for Hardware issues.
- Coordinating with the Local H&F, Vendors to resolve the H/W issues on the servers.
- Worked Vulnerability Assessment on the servers and to find a fix for it.
- Perform Patch Management on the 1500 servers in a month by using the Fusion & IEM, Perform manually on some critical Production servers.
- Antivirus: Checking SAV parent servers health, Upgrading of SAV on clients and antivirus issues on client machine
- Hardware (HP, IBM and DELL): Up gradation of Firmware and Hardware agents on all the Hardware.
- Maintaining the Application Servers, Web Servers, Database servers & Print servers.
- Meeting SLAs (High - 95% within 4.5 days, Medium/Low - 90% within 12/19 days) for Patching & Health checking
- Handle OS & Application patches as per SLA
- Semi annually HC which managed 150 recommendation as per the GSD 331 settings.
Environment: Windows Servers 2003 & 2008 VMware ESX 4.x & 5.x.
- Worked on design documents such as Software Requirements Specifications.
- Prepared Functional requirements Specifications such as Use-Case diagrams and System Sequence diagrams
- Created a Website on the free Web-hosting server.
- Make a prototype website and verified pages locally and updated the data on free web hosting server to get online.
- Developed the front-end user interface using PHP, HTML, Google maps, Java Scripts and CSS
- Created a database's task using MySQL
- Prepared project reports and power point presentations at varying stages of the project
- Participated in the final project demo and presentation.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008, PHP, CSS, HTML, Google maps & Java Script.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes