Network Devops Security Contractor Resume
- I am an Engineer with over fourteen years of demonstrated success in driving quality and quality systems into software, hardware, network systems and providing excellent customer service.
- Quick learning with a proven ability to train junior engineers, maintain software and hardware, troubleshoot, engineer, and repair diverse systems in an effective and timely manner.
- An organized and detail oriented self - starter who is adept at moving into new challenging environments to quickly and effectively solve problems and reduce costs.
Operating Systems: Linux, Windows Server 2003 and 2008, Windows 7, NT, and XP
Tools: Python, Shell, HP Quality Center, MS Visual Studio, Subversion, Various Debugging Tools, Powershell
Other: Agile and Waterfall methodologies, Extensive knowledge of network communications; Protocols, Switches, Servers and LAN/WAN adapters, SSH, SMTP
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
Network DevOps Security Contractor
- In co-ordination with senior Developers and Consumers, I maintained a high availability customer facing custom Java based security proxy (CodeBig) that serviced over 9.5 million users who created over 1.9 billion HTTP requests per month across over 100 APIs. I maintained the CodeBig RESTful security proxy system in its entirety, including documentation, patch upgrade planning and testing, health and risk assessment, Python automation scripting, Akamai and Intel vendor coordination, system management and OAuth Key provisioning.
- Triaged customer facing issues including root cause analysis of environmental issues such as configuration, HTTP Messages, network latency, DNS, firewall issues and OS failures.
- Assisted consumers with the initial utilization of the CodeBig System, including Firewall requests, as well as ongoing support and reporting.
- Participated in the planning of CodeBig version 2 with senior personnel.
Confidential, Downingtown, PA
National Engineering & Technical Operations Q.A. and DevOps Engineer 3
- Developed, validated and utilized Python automation test scripts; including an RTSP set top Box simulator capable of emulating several thousand users and validating RTSP message formats.
- Designed and executed negative, failover, and edge case testing to reduce escaped defects.
- Performed integration and test of CCDN components and system.
- Performed server upgrades and downgrades and validated procedures.
- Designed, developed and executed test cases in collaboration with engineers.
- Analyzed defect matrix and implemented new standards based on the results.
- Produced test reports and historical ingest report summaries for business partners.
- Troubleshot streaming server functionality and interoperability with Confidential CCDN.
- Identified and submitted defects into HPQC, and tracked the defects through closure.
- Worked with associates and third-party development engineers as a team to isolate, triage, and troubleshoot defects.
- Significantly improved efficiency and functionality of existing Python scripts.
- Reviewed NGOD specifications and validated NGOD based interface.
- Gained considerable insight into the configuration and operation of video pumps used by Confidential including those supplied from Motorola, Cisco, and Verivue.
- Performed functional, load, and negative server-side testing of Motorola and Verivue NGOD streaming servers.
Confidential, King of Prussia, PA
Research and Development Quality Assurance Lead and DevOps
- Developed automated Python and native scripted test cases that had significant impact on product reliability, reproducibility, and turnaround time.
- Commissioned, decommissioned, troubleshot and managed Windows Server 2008 domain environments.
- Developed test strategies, test plans, and test cases for web-based client-server software systems.
- Utilized HP Quality Center to develop and maintain product and component test suites used for integration and end-to-end testing.
- Captured, reported, and tracked defects through closure, including tests for compatibility, reliability, usability, and security.
- Executed test cases as a test team member and individual contributor.
- Established and utilized custom automated performance metric utilities and reliability testing tools.
- Trained junior testers on best practices, new technology, and time management.
- Participated in the requirements review and design review throughout the software development life cycle.
Confidential, Reading, PA
- Developed a Python VPN continuity program to compensate for the uncontrolled environments the employees utilized while traveling.
- Windows 2003 Domain Administrator for the satellite locations.
- Developed the WAN utilizing Linux VPN technology for seven satellite locations for the office personnel equipment, classrooms, and labs.
- Administrated the Linux VPN server.
- Designed, captured, and deployed Ghost Imaging and Packaging.
- Set-up, maintained, and repaired over 900 computers with diverse operating systems for the main campus and the remote college locations.
- Coordinated with key personnel and external vendors in the repair, upgrade, and transition of services at the remote locations.
- Maintained software license compliancy and inventory.
- Developed strategies for Windows Vista and Microsoft Office 2007 deployment to increase customer satisfaction and overall campus productivity.
- Provided assistance to the help desk staff and the I-Net security system software/hardware administrator.
Confidential, Reading, PA
Network Specialist Lead
- Served as the lead network technician for three office territories encompassing Reading, Pottsville, and Harrisburg.
- Trained network technicians on new technologies, trouble shooting techniques, and part inventories to maximize productivity and maintain overall customer satisfaction.
- Set-up scanning and repaired scanning malfunctions dealing with document management, network permissions, and E-mail servers.
- Maintained, set-up, and repaired local and network printers.
- Set-up faxing and repaired faxing malfunctions in customers’ network environments.
- Repaired and maintained the physical operation of printers, facsimile machines, and scanners of many models and brands.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes