Linux Engineer /devops Engineer Resume
- 7+ years of experience specialized in System Administration working on Red Hat Linux, Solaris, SuSE Linux, AIX, CentOS, Fedora, OEL, Ubuntu 12.X/13.X, Windows environments, and VMware vSphere.
- Experience in configuration of NIS, NIS+, DNS, DHCP, NFS, LDAP, SAMBA, SQUID, postfix, send mail, FTP, remote access, security management and Security trouble shooting skills.
- Experienced in implementing Puppet, Docker, Chef and DevOps.
- Experience in Installation, Configuration, Implementation, Upgradation, Maintenance & Troubleshooting of Weblogic and Apache Server.
- Experience in Creation and managing user accounts, security, rights, disk space and process monitoring in Solaris and Red Hat Linux.
- Experience in Installing, upgrading and configuring Red Hat Linux 4.x, 5.x, and 6.x using Kickstart Servers
- Experience using cloud providers and API’s for Amazon (AWS) with CloudSigma(EU) and GFS storage.
- Expertise in scripting for automation, and monitoring using Shell, PHP, Python & Perl scripts.
- Experience with Veritas Volume Manager (VxVM), Veritas File System (VxFS), Veritas Net Backup, Veritas Clustering with SAN, NAS environment.
- Independent problem solving and a good team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience supporting 24x7 production computing environments. Experience providing on - call and weekend support.
- Ability to work independently as well as a team member.
- Experienced in Trouble shooting and Back and Recovery.
Operating Systems: RHEL 3/4/5,6, Solaris Release 2.10/2.9/2.8/2.7 , IBM-AIX 5.X, zVM Windows 2003, 2008, 2012 and NT
Hardware: HP Proliant, Blade servers, Sun Servers E450, E3500, E4500, E5000, E6500, E10k, E15k, E25k, Sun Ultra's, V210, V280, V490, V880, V6800 SUN Ray (1g Ultra Thin Client) SUN Desktops (SPARC 10, 5), DMX3 and DMX4 Storage Arrays, F56
Software: Veritas Volume Manager 3.5/4/5, Veritas File System,Veritas Cluster Server 3.5, Veritas Netbackup 6.0, MS-Office/MS-Project
Web/ Application Server: Tomcat, Apache DB2, Oracle
Network Protocols: DHCP, DIG, DNS, SNMP, SMTP, Ethernet, IOS, netstat, NFS, NIS, nslookup, RIP, OSPF, BGP, TCP/IP, and tcpdump, FTP, TFTP.
Cluster Environment: Sun Cluster Servers 2.2, 3.1, 3.2 and VERITAS Cluster Servers 4.1
Programming Languages: C, SQL, HTML, PHP, XML, Bash, Perl and Shell Programming, JSP, Pythonand Ruby
Other tools: VMware VSphere, ESX/ESXi, VCenter Server, Datacenter Puppet, Chef and Nagios, DevOps, Team Foundation Server (TFS)
Confidential, Nashville, TN
Linux Engineer /DevOps Engineer
- Works with Symantec and BSC team to setup the Symantec O3 IDLINK Open VPN Servers.
- Implemented cloud services aws.
- Implemented Bash, Perl, Python scripting.
- Implemented automations tools Puppet, DevOps.
- Migrated to Red hat satellite server 6 version.
- Worked exclusively on VMware virtual environment.
- Experience in using VMware Motion to move VM’s from One Datacenter to another datacenter.
- Updating patches to keep servers updated against bugs present in the operating system using Red Hat Satellite Server, yum, etc.
- Build servers using Kick Start, Red Hat Satellite Server, and VSphere Client.
- Worked on variety of Linux platforms Red Hat Linux, Solaris which includes installation, configuring and maintenance of applications on this environment.
- Involved in installation and configuration of various Third party software onto servers.
- Installed, configured and provided support for Tivoli Monitoring software across various OS platforms like RHEL, AIX and Solaris.
- Installed packages using YUM and Red hat Package Manager (RPM) on various servers.
- Worked with Red Hat Satellite Server which is used to push changes across various servers simultaneously.
- Performed the daily system administration tasks like managing system resources and end users support operations and security.
- Troubleshooting network administration, IIS configuration, DNS setup and modifications, firewall rule sets, local and distributed director, connectivity, and supporting applications.
- Involved in ILMT Agent Deployments and Oracle/SQL Upgrade project which includes various UNIX builds of different OS platforms across various data centers.
- Responsible for independent support of Tier 2 issues: reboots, start/stop services, reset Terminal Service and pc anywhere connections, and administrative server maintenance. Daily follow up with clients to ensure resolution of all issues.
- Provide support to Account Managers, UNIX and Windows technicians, and other departments.
- Used Logical Volume Manager for the management of Volumes including creation of physical and logical volumes on Linux.
- Coordinated with various cross functional teams across IT operations to make sure smooth functioning of projects.
- Worked on projects like PCI, SR to ensure all goes well and provided support till servers go in to production environment.
- Worked closely with DBA Team in order to adjust kernel parameters as per requirements.
- Day to day resolution on Linux based issued though SMS ticketing system in compliance to SLA cycles.
- HP ALM Administrator responsible for creating projects and user access as requested through Service Now Tickets
- Setup and Maintained the HP ALM Synchronizer Server - synchronizing HP ALM with TFS.
- Performed application installation and management on IBM AIX and Linux servers for applications like Web Sphere Application Server (WAS) 7, JBoss 4.2.x, 5.x, Sun JES Web Server 6.1, Oracle 10g, Sybase 12.5 etc.
- Automating many day to day tasks through Bash scripting.
Environment: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.x/5.x/6.1, AIX 6.x, Solaris 8/ 9/10, Tivoli Storage Manager, VMware ESX5,Cassandra, Tivoli Net backup, and Web sphere, ALM. Windows 2012 servers, Windows 2008, IIS 7.0 & 7.5
Confidential, New York, NY
Build & Release Engineer
- Creating the automated build and deployment process for application, re-engineering setup for better user experience, and leading up to building a continuous integration system for all our products.
- Implementing new projects builds framework using Jenkins & maven as build framework tools
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Puppet, Maven & Nexus in Linux environment
- Manage deployment automation using Puppet, MCollective, Hiera, Custom Puppet modules, Ruby.
- AWS Cloud management and Puppet automation
- Responsible for Design of different Release Environments for new projects.
- Created puppet manifests and modules to automate system operations.
- Integration of Maven/Nexus, Jenkins, Urban Code Deploy with Patterns/Release, Git, Confluence, Jira and Cloud Foundry
- Using Jenkins AWS CodeDeploy plugin to deploy to AWS
- Defining Release Process & Policy for projects early in SDLC.
- Member of CCM representing changes for Release and environment configuration
- Responsible for Database build, release and configuration
- Responsible for nightly and weekly builds for different modules.
- Perform Deployment of Release to various QA & UAT in Linux environments.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers with EC2 Auto scaling groups
- Configured servers to host Team Foundation Server (TFS) instance, build controllers and build agents
- Created multiple AWS VPC instances
- Implemented AWS solutions using E2C, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups,
- Optimized volumes and EC2 instances
- Configured S3 versioning and lifecycle policies to and backup files and archive files in Glacier
- Used IAM to create new accounts, roles and groups
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using CloudWatch
- Migrated applications to the AWS cloud
- Scripting in multiple languages on UNIX, LINUX and Windows - Batch, Shell script etc.
- Work with different team members for automation of Release components.
- Resolved system issues and inconsistencies in coordination with quality assurance and engineering teams.
- Troubleshoot the build issue during the Jenkins build process.
Environment: GIT, JENKINS, PUPPET, MAVEN, AWS, EC2, WEBSPHERE, ANT, PUTTY, CONFLUENCE, Java, J2ee, SOA,Team Foundation Server (TFS).
Confidential, Ooltewah, TN
- Responsible for supporting Linux System Administrator customers with RHEL/CentOS/Ubuntu operating systems questions and problems via telephone, FAX, and email. Researched the data base for known problems or tested the customers’ problem on a test system in the same environment. Aided customer in resolving their problem using the tools in the Linux OS or from the command line.
- Provisioning and support of Production, QA and Developers environment.
- Deployment and Build of various environments.
- Overall responsibilities include checking the health of servers, updates and backup. Check with the trouble ticketing system for any unread ticket. Also troubleshooting if there any bottlenecks; Responsible to perform BIOS update on Dell Systems. Handled all system administration duties for all Red Hat Linux and VM Servers on site. Responsibilities ranged from daily tasks to more advanced ones such as shell scripting, software installation and system/network troubleshooting.
- Responsible for the Server Administration tasks in the web & server support areas.
- VERITAS Volume Manager and VERITAS File System troubleshooting and Administration.
- Mutli-tier application environment with Weblogic, WebSphere. Mission Critical 24x7 Servers support.
- Implemented Puppet, DevOps.
- Configuration and Installation of JBOSS 4.x on Linux servers.
- Installed and configured JMX-based services on JBOSS.
- Define Mapping Servlets, Filters, and Session Configuration on JBOSS.
- Configured JNDI and JMS on JBOSS.
- NIS, NFS, AUTOFS, NTP Configuration and Administration.
- Analyze and suggest corrective methods on performance issues.
- Adding additional and extension of existing File systems using VxVM and Vxfs. Configuring autofs for auotomount. Upgrading the Application as per Application team requirements. Scheduling jobs using crontab and at.
- Done with LAMP Setup in Ubuntu, MySQL setup, Performance Tuning, Replication, Commands, Backup and overall Administration.
- Tuned servers for maximum efficiency for Oracle and MySQL Data Bases.
- Performed workstation and server installations and upgrades, standardized workstation configuration, automounter, sendmail, and hardware upgrades; administration support and troubleshooting duties in a 24x7.
Environment: Redhat Linux 3,4,5,6 Sun Solaris 8,9,10, JBOSS AS 4.x,Sun V440,V 20 T5240 Sparc stations 20,Switches, VMware ESX 5.1,oracle 11,Veritas Cluster Server 5,Veritas Operations Manager
Sr. Linux System Administrator / Puppet Developer
- Installation Red hat Linux Enterprise Server 5/6 on Dell and HP x86 HW.
- Installed and configured Solaris 10/11 on Sun T and M Series servers Mirrored root disks on all the servers by using ZFS & VxVm.
- Providing 24 x 7 supports to various application level server level & network level Monitoring and troubleshooting of any datacenter outages. Day - to-day administration on Sun Solaris which includes Installation, upgrade and loading patches.
- Installation of Web logic, upgraded to service pack updates, installed BEA patches, configuring and creation new domain & services starting & stopping.
- Installation of Oracle on Linux and Solaris, creating database, creating Oracle users etc.
- Implemented Puppet, Chef and DevOp.
- Veritas Netback up installation, Catalogue backup and maintenance Backup/restore on ADIC (Intelligent Storage - Scalar i2000k - Library Management Console) using server Windows NT/2000 & Sun Solaris server and checking the job failures.
- Planning and implementing Backup and Restore procedures using Ufsdump,Ufsrestore, Tar” and “Cpio”.
- Installed, managed Verities Volume Manager 5 (VxVM) on Solaris 10. Created Veritas File Systems.
- Production support of Apache and JBoss including installation, configuration, management and troubleshooting.
- Documented Apache Web Server Development, Staging & Production environments, installed configured and managed Solaris 10 Zones on Sun Enterprise systems, Administered, maintained Red Hat 5/6 Troubleshooting Hardware, Operating System Application & Network problems and performance issues; Deployed latest patches for Sun, Linux and Application servers, Performed Solaris and Red Hat Linux Kernel Tuning for TCP stack.
- Installation and monitoring of Veritas Volume Manager, Veritas NetBackup and Veritas Cluster Server on SAN Environment.
- Involved in installing Puppet client on Red hat & Solaris servers for Automation purpose.
- Established new user accounts and password. Added and configured hardware devices like hard disks, network interfaces.
- Monitoring day-to-day administration and maintenance operations of the company network and systems working on Linux and Solaris Systems.
- Installed and maintain RHEL and SuSE provisioning servers for efficient builds per best practices
- Installed and configured the Red Hat Linux 5.1 on HP-Dl585 servers using Kick Start.
- Configured the NIS, NIS+ and DNS on Red Hat Linux 5.1 and update NIS mapsand Organize the RHN Satellite Servers in combination with RHN Proxy Server.
- Installed and configured the RPM packages using the YUM Software manager.
- Configured root disk for its clustered file system on RED HAT LINUX5.X.
- Configured logical volumes using logical volume manager (LVM) and also configured mirroring.
- Installation of Web logic Application server, upgraded to service pack updates, installed BEA patches, configuring and creation new domain & services starting & stopping. Installation of Oracle10g on Linux and Solaris, creating database, creating Oracle users & export and importing database, creating rollback segment etc.
- Production support of Apache, PHP, My SQL, Tomcat including installation, configuration, management and troubleshooting.
- Involved in developing custom scripts using Python, Perl & Shell (bash, ksh) to automate jobs.
- Merged the generated reports as per request. Formatted data into required format using UNIX Shell Scripts, SED and Awk.
- Defining and Develop plan for Change, Problem & Incident management Process based on ITIL.
- Networking communication skills and protocols such as TCP/IP, Telnet, FTP, NDM, SSH, rlogin.
- Installed HBA cards and upgraded Firmware in VMware ESX and RHEL. Created large volumes using LVM from the EMC LUN's. Resized the volumes online in RHEL AS 4.0..
- Written shell scripts and Perl scripting to take backup oracle database.
- Security auditing using Korn programming. Shell Programming for day to day system administration.
- Kick start the Red Hat Linux RHEL 6 on HP Power edge servers and Cisco UCS servers.
- Deploying Veritas Clusters and Oracle 8i test databases to implement disaster recovery strategies, ensuring uninterrupted availability of the global systems.
- Configured Logical storage Manager (LSM) for root disk encapsulation and implemented root disk mirroring for fault tolerance.
- Experience in BIOS UPGRADE and OS installations and configurations and maintenance
- Worked on the administration of theWeb Logic 9, JBoss 4.2.2servers including installation and deployments.
- Extensive experience in Security Patching
- Also coordinating with storage team and networking teams
- Ability to effectively communicate across vendors with different departments and provide resolutions to all levels in the organization, both verbally and in written documentation through on 24 * 7 on call Support.
ENVIRONMENT: REDHAT LINUX 4.x,5.x,6.x, SUN fire T2000, T4k, M 5000, and Veritas volume manager5.x, Veritas Net backup 6.5, Web logic 10.x.,Oracle 10G/ 11i/RAC, HP 9000 Superdome SX1000, Volume Manager, VMWare ESX SERVER,, Shell scripting, SAN/Mc Data Switches, puppet, Brocade Switches, chef, RED hat satellite server
- Installation of patches and packages using RPM and YUM in Red hat Linux.
- Created and modified application related objects, created Profiles, users, roles and maintained system security.
- Responsible for setting up cron jobs scripts on production servers.
- Installed and configured SAMBA server for Windows and Linux connectivity.
- Monitored System Activities like CPU, Memory, Disk and Swap space usage to avoid any performance issues.
- Responsible for writing/modifying scripts using sh, ksh, and bash for day-to-day administration.
- Modified Kernel parameters to improve the server performance in Linux.
- Creation of Logical volumes (LVM) for Linux operating systems.
- Installed and configured Apache / Tomcat web server.
- Involved in design, configuration, installation, implementation, management, maintain and support for the Corporate Linux servers RHEL 4x, 5.x, SLES 9, CENTOS 5.x.
- Coordinating with 24 x 7 on-call support personnel in debugging.
- Maintained proper documentation of all the activities carried out during the project
- Worked with DBA team for database performance issues, network related issues on Linux Servers.
- Maintained proper documentation of all the activities carried out during the project.
- Created and modified users and groups with SUDO permission.
- Installed and configured VNC server/client.
- Coordinating users for any server activities which may involve major changes on software or any hardware related issues.
Environment: Red Hat Linux (RHEL 4/5), Logical Volume Manager, Global File System, Red Hat Cluster Servers, Oracle, MySQL, DNS, NIS, NFS, Apache, Tomcat.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes