Devops Engineer Resume
- Devops Engineer with over 7+ years of experience as a hand - on infrastructure integrator and system administrator
- Experience with Redhat Linux, configuration management using Puppet and Chef. Support as part of Devops team to help deployment using Jenkins. Working experience on version control systems like SVN and Git hub, Strong troubleshooting skills and system methodologies to analyses faults and runs diagnostic tests on OS and software stacks
- Managed Amazon Web Services like EC2, S3 bucket, RDS, EBS, ELB, Auto-Scaling, AMI, IAM through AWS Console and API Integration with Puppet Code
- Expertise in implementation and maintenance of Apache Httpd, SMTP, DHCP, NFS, NIS, NIS+, LDAP, DNS, SAMBA, SQUID, Postfix, Send mail, FTP, Remote Access, Security Management & Security trouble shooting skills
- Expert in deploying the code through web application servers like WebSphere/WebLogic/Apache Tomcat/JBOSS
- Worked with Chef Enterprise Hosted as well as On-Premise, Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, Wrote Recipes and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-server, Managed On-site OS/Applications/ Services/Packages using Chef as well as AWS for EC2/S3/Route53 & ELB with Chef Cookbooks. Knowledge on creation of Puppet manifests files
- Day to day administration of the Development environment and Production and Test environment systems. 24 x7 on-call support
- Established capabilities in application design, implementation, troubleshooting, monitoring, continuous improvement and change controls. Enhances and automates internal processes to generate efficiency.
- Experience in using Bug tracking tools like JIRA, Remedy, HP Quality Centre and IBM Clear Quest.
- Deep understanding of Layer 7 protocols like HTTP, DHCP, DNS, SSL/TLS.
- Strong experience with CI (Continuous Integration) and CD methodologies with Jenkins
- Experienced in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT, Subversion (SVN) and TFS on Linux and windows platforms.
- Worked in infrastructure team on installation, configuration and administration of CentOS 5.x/6.x/7, Red Hat Linux 8/9, RHEL 5.x/6.x/7, Red Hat Satellite 6, Windows Server … and SUSE Linux 10.x/11.
- Experience in software Build tools like Apache Maven, Apache Ant to write Pom.xml and Build.xml respectively
- Experienced in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle, MY SQL and SQL Server by using SQL for data integrity.
- Experience in installing, configuration and administering of DHCP, DNS, FTP and LVM.
- Installed, Configured, Managed Monitoring Tools such as Splunk, Nagios, iCinga for Resource Monitoring/ Network Monitoring/Log Trace Monitoring.
- Excellent communicative, interpersonal, intuitive, analysis and leadership skills with ability to work efficiently in both independent and team work environments.
Cloud Computing Amazon Web Services: EC2, IAM, Elastic Load balancer, RDS (MySQL), Glacier, VPC
Build/Automation Tools: Puppet, Chef, ANT, Maven, GIT, SVN Subversion
Web/App servers: Apache Tomcat server, JBOSS, Web Logic Server, Web Sphere Application Server
Web Technologies / Programming Languages: Servlets, JSP, XML, HTML, .Net, C, C++, Java, Python
Database: Sybase, Oracle, MySQL
Networking/Protocols: DNS, TCP/IP, FTP, HTTPS, SSH, SFTP, SCP, SSL, POP3
Operating Systems: Linux (Redhat 5.x, 6.x), VMware ESX, Windows CentOS, Ubuntu
Confidential - Columbia, MO
- Implementing new projects builds framework using Jenkins & maven as build framework tools
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, CHEF, Maven in Linux environment
- Written wrapper scripts to automate deployment of cookbooks on nodes and running the chef client on them in a Chef-Solo environment
- Converting production support scripts to chef recipes.
- Testing of cookbooks with chef-spec
- Setting up client server model of Chef in development environment of OCI
- Worked on documentation - Chef basics, Initial setup of Chef, Database implementation, Coding standards,Cookbook document, Testing docs
- AWS server provisioning using Chef Recipes.
- Using Cloud Trail, TESSA, CloudPassage, CheckMarx, Qualys Scan tools for AWS security and scanning.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using CloudWatch
- Defining Release Process & Policy for projects early in SDLC.
- Coordinating with Different Project teams on Build &release planning and efforts.
- Responsible for nightly and weekly builds for different modules.
- Involved in scrum ceremonies (stand-up, grooming, planning, demo/review and retrospective) with the teams to ensure successful project forecasting and realistic commitments
- Involved in scrum meetings, product backlog and other scrum activities and artefacts in collaboration with the team.
- Migrating the data to respective DEV and QA Oracle database before doing code roll-out
- Troubleshooting various production related outages.
- Generated Perl & UNIX scripts for build activities in QA, Staging and Production environments
- Used tracking tool JIRA and also triaged the issues and maintained bugs using JIRA tool.
- Manage the integration of new software projects and products into the build environment.
- Work with product development to resolve build-related issues in all projects.
- Strictly enforced ITIL process while pushing builds and deployments to prod and pre-prod environments.
- Used to write an install script in Ruby using all of the extra helper functions from Chef
- Configured the user's accounts for Continuous Integration - Jenkins, Nexus and Sonar.
- Gathered all the stakeholder approvals, necessary signoffs while acting as a release manager for two development teams.
Environment: CHEF, Jenkins, Maven, AWS, EC2, Jira, Linux, Java, Puppet
Confidential - Los Gatos, CA
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the agile process.
- Participated in weekly release meetings with Technology stakeholders to identify and mitigate potential risks associated with the releases.
- Imported and managed multiple corporate applications into Subversion (SVN)
- Involved in all projects that move to production and work closely with the Data Centre, Development, Quality Assurance and Management teams to ensure cross communication and confirmed approval of all production changes.
- Written make, Maven and Ant build tools for application layer modules.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Created and maintained network users, user environment, directories, and security.
- Provide the support of building the server, patching, user administration tasks, deployment, software installation, performance tuning and troubleshooting and KVM.
- Provided 24/7 on call support on Linux Production Servers. Responsible for maintaining security on Redhat Linux.
- Created the Release process of the artefacts.
- Created cookbooks and recipes in Chef or continuous deployment.
- JIRA is used as ticket tracking, change management and Agile/SCRUM tool.
Environment: Subversion (SVN), Jenkins, Java/J2EE, ANT, MAVEN, CHEF, TC Server, Tomcat, Python Scripts, Shell Scripts, XML, UNIX, Windows 7, Oracle, JIRA.
Confidential - Dunellen, NJ
- Created and deployed builds to different environments based on requests.
- Converted and automated builds using Maven and Ant. Scheduled automated nightly builds using Jenkins.
- Configured Docker container for branching purposes.
- Helped developers and other project teams to set views and environments.
- Created and applied Baselines and Labels for each Build Artefacts.
- Created UCM Projects, Development and Integration views for Development and Integration Streams.
- Experience writing implementation plans for installing software components on build agents, and working with application services team to execute the install.
- Support QA regression deployments, monthly and weekly releases of applications.
- Extensive experience with Maven builds process and repository managers like Artifactory and Nexus.
- Working knowledge of Windows batch scripting, LINUX Shell scripting, ANT, PERL, SHELL.
- Integrating the code quality analysis tools like Cobertura, Find Bugs, JUnit, PMD, and Check style into the projects.
- Worked with JIRA for Issue Tracking and monitoring.
- Implemented Continuous Integration Builds using Anthil pro, automated deployments and Notifications.
- Conducted Sanity Testing to verify for the right build is deployed.
- 24/7 on call support for emergency site maintenance and immediate build and install requests.
- Worked with the automated scripts for the Build and Deployment of the applications.
- Responsible for Build and Install Schedules using Unix Cron jobs.
- Maintained configuration files for each application for the purpose of build and install on different environments.
- Created the build instructions docs and install (deploy) instructions docs for each application for different environments.
Environment: Java/J2ee, Eclipse, Chef, AWS (Amazon Web Services) Ant, Maven, Subversion, SVN, GIT, Python, Ruby, Nexus, Sonar, UCD, Jenkins, PERL, BASH, Solaris, UNIX.
Build and Configuration Engineer
- Coordinating different tasks with different teams for creating usage models for different projects.
- Involved for setting up of Subversion-SVN server, server maintenance, Client machines setup.
- Developing and maintaining Standard Operating Procedures documents.
- Used Perl scripts for deployment code on multiple servers.
- Implemented Clear Case and Subversion branching and merging operations for Java Source Code.
- Performed regular builds and deployment of the packages for testing in different Environments (DEV, QA, CERT, UAT and PROD)
- Configured the different (Hosted, Proxy and Virtual) repositories based on the requirements to share artefacts with in company.
- Used IBM Web Sphere as web application server for deploying artefacts.
- Writing Shell and Perl scripts for automated deployments especially in handling all the tasks before kicking off WSADMIN scripts or admin console deployments.
- Create, deploy and manage Linux and windows VM using Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager, which includes moving and migrating VM from one cluster to another cluster or within the same cluster.
- Documented release, builds and source control processes and plans and Support development engineers with Configuration Management issues.
- Provided level one support for build troubleshooting and production issues.
- Analysed the Troubleshooting in QA, CERT, UAT and PROD environment issues and support the Production issues.
- Documented the policies and procedures for build, branching and labelling of Clear Case, Subversion and VSS, servers list, code merging, check in/checkout policies and Testing environments in Mindshare as a Web Application Support.
- Leading the Install module of entire Agile PLM suite.
- Develop custom plugins to support product installer customizations.
- Debug and fix installer for major and patch releases of product.
- Installation and configuration on App Servers (OAS and WLS) on different operating Systems (Win/Sol/Linux/ AIX and HPUX) in both stand alone and cluster mode.
- Closely work with release team and Product managers to update the platform matrix with respect to Hardware Resource and timelines as per the release road map.
- Weekly Build validation and update the status to Product manager.
- Deployment of Agile Application on different Application Servers and troubleshooting the deployment failures.
- Validating the Install Documents.
- Work with Product support Team to resolve customer install and Deployment issues and help them go live.
- Internal training on installation, deployment configuration changes to Doc team, support team and all the QA/Dev.
Environment: Windows, Solaris (SPARC, X86), Linux (RHEL, OEL), AIX and HP UX Java/J2EE Ant, Maven, Tomcat, Jboss, Jenkins, Clear Case, Subversion, JIRA, SVN, Python, shell, Unix, MS SQL Server, UCD, Cruise Control.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes