Sr. Devops Engineer Resume
- Overall 9+ Years of IT experience as DevOps engineer with expertise in areas of Software Configuration Management, Version Control, DevOps/Build and Release management, Linux System Administration.
- Extensive experience on DevOps tools like Chef, Puppet, Docker, Ansible, Jenkins, Hudson, ANT/Maven, GIT, SVN.
- Having expertise for the Linux and Windows environments, based in local data center and on AWS cloud.
- Extensive experience in Linux/Unix system Administration, System Builds, Server Builds, Installations, Upgrades, Patches, Migration, Trouble shooting on RHELh 4.x/5.x.
- Experience in Server infrastructure development on AWS Cloud, extensive usage of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Cloud Formation, Cloud Front, EC2, RDS, S3, Microsoft Azure, Route53, SNS, SQS, and Cloud Trail.
- Expertise in Application Deployments & Environment configuration using Chef, Puppet
- Experienced in working on DevOps/Agile operations process and tools area (Code review, unit test automation, Build & Release automation, Environment, Service, Incident and Change Management).
- Worked closely with software developers and DevOps to debug software and system problems.
- Extensive experience in using Version control systems includes Subversion (SVN), GIT and Clear case.
- Strong knowledge on CI tools like Jenkins, Hudson and Cruise control.
- Build Customized Amazon Machine Images (AMIs) & deployed these customized images based on requirements.
- Experience in Creating snapshots and Amazon machine images (AMIs) of the instances for backup and creating clone instances.
- Experience in Setting up Chef Workstation, Bootstrapping various enterprise nodes, setting up keys, writing Chef recipes and automating the infrastructure.
- Experience working on Chef with knife commands to manage Nodes, Cookbooks and recipes.
- Experience in Automated processes with custom built Python, Perl& Shell scripts.
- Experience in Bug/Issue tracking tools like Bugzilla, JIRA.
- Good Experience in working on Linux operating systems such as CentOS, Red Hat, Ubuntu, Debian.
- Experienced in trouble shooting and automated deployment to web and application servers like Web Sphere, JBOSS and Tomcat.
- Experienced in DNS, NIS, NFS, NSLookup, Snoop FTP, NIS, LDAP, remote access, security management, and system troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with Scrum and Agile Environments for regular cadences of work.
- Extensive experience in building & deploying EAR, WAR, JAR files on test, stage & production servers.
- Good command in working with Defect Tracking Tools HP Quality Center, ServiceNow, JIRA, RTC and ClearQuest.
- Hands on experience on various bug - Tracking tools like Bugzilla and JIRA and integrated with Junit, HPQC and other software testing procedures
- Experience working on Docker hub, creating Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configuration.
- Experience in RDS, MySQL, and Dynamo DB to perform basic database administration and Manage virtual cloud Resources as required with and overall objective
- Having good RDBMS concepts knowledge and worked with MySQL, My SQl Server, Oracle and DB2
- Strong experience in different phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including analysis, design, implementation, and testing.
- Expertise in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle, MY SQL and SQL Server by using PL/SQL for data integrity
- Experience in NoSQL database MongoDB and Cassandra.
- Experience in windows Azure and Azure internal tools for monitoring network and server health.
- Deep expertise in Java/J2EE and Hadoop ecosystem (MapReduce) Hive, Pig, Oozie, HDFS, HBase, spark etc.
- Good Experience in working on Linux operating systems such as Red Hat, Ubuntu, Debian.
- In-depth understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) which includes code compilation, packaging/deployment/ release methodology, and application configurations.
- Strong knowledge on source controller concepts like Branches, Merges and Tags.
- Closely worked with Developers and Analysts to address project requirements. Able to effectively manage time and prioritize multiple projects.
- Strong programming skills using Java1.7/1.6, Spring, Hibernate, JPA, JNDI, JSP, Servlets, Java Beans, JSTL, JDBC.
- Experience in implementing JAVA/JEE design patterns such as MVC, Singleton, Factory, Session Facade, DAO and Business Delegate.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot any issues generated while building, deploying and in production support.
- Good Interpersonal Skills, team-working attitude, takes initiatives and very proactive in solving problems and providing best solutions.
DevOps Tools: SCM, GIT, GRUNT, SonalQube, Bitbucket, Maven, Chef, Puppet, SaltStack, Hudson, Jenkins, Docker, Nagios.
Cloud Platform: AWS EC2, VPC, ELB, RDS, Route 53, ECS, EBS, Cloud Formation AWS Config and S3, Microsoft Azure.
Web Servers: Apache Tomcat, Web logic, Web sphere, Jboss.
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Remedy, HP Quality Center and IBM Clear Quest.
Version Control Tools: SVN, GIT, GITHUB, TFS, CVS and IBM Rational Clear Case.
Databases/ scripting: MySQL, MS SQL Server2016/2014, Oracle12c/11g, bash Shell scripting, Ksh Scripting, Perl Scripting, Python Scripting
Languages and Tools: PL/SQL, UNIX Shell Scripting, Jboss, Java, J2EE, Agile, JIRA, SVN, Apache Ant
Operating systems: Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS, UBUNTU, Windows, Mac OS
IDEs: Eclipse, NetBeans, Notepad++
Confidential, Centennial, CO
Sr. Devops Engineer
- Worked as a DevOps Engineer for a team that involves three different development teams and multiple simultaneous
- Automated infrastructure in AWS using amazon web services.
- Responsible for automating build processes towards CI/CD/DevOps automation goals.
- Deployed Chef to completely provision and manage AWS EC2 instances, volumes, DNS, and S3.
- Developed and implemented software release management strategies for various applications according to Agile process.
- Deployed java applications to application servers in Agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process also responsible for installing Jenkins master and slave nodes.
- Configured GIT with Jenkins and schedule jobs using POLL SCM option.
- Performed integration of Code Quality Analysis techniques - Checkstyle, Findbugs with CI tools.
- Managed Sonatype Nexus repositories to download the artifacts (jar, war & ear) during the build.
- Installed GRUNT, Sonarqube on sandbox and installed plugins basing on developer requirements.
- Used Shell scripts to automate the deployment process.
- Developed agile processes using Groovy, JUnit to use continuous integration tools.
- Involved in setting up builds using Chef as a configuration management tool.
- Manage the configurations servers using Chef, configured Jenkins builds for continuous integration and delivery. Automated web server content deployments via shell scripts.
- Established Chef Best practices approaches to system deployment with tools with vagrant and managing Chef Cookbook as a unit of software deployment and independently version controlled.
- Installed Splunck from Puppet module tool (PMT) from command line,
- Used Chef and other configuration management tools to deploy consistent infrastructure code across multiple environments.
- Created Python scripts to totally automate AWS services, which includes web servers, ELB,
- Designed and developed automation test scripts using Python.
- Created Chef cookbooks and recipes that kickoff post-install scripts.
- Assisted end-to-end release process from the planning of release content through to actual release deployment to production.
- Followed agile principles and used JIRA for maintenance and Bug development tasks.
- Deployed the build artifacts into environments like QA, UAT and production according to the build life cycle.
- Automated the build and release management process including monitoring changes between releases.
- Configure, monitor and automate Amazon Web Services.
- Created and managed custom CentOS and Linux based AMIs
- Setup Elastic Load Balancer for distributing traffic among multiple WebLogic servers.
- Involved in deploying the content cloud platform on Amazon Web Services using EC2, S3 and EBS.
- Creating S3 buckets and also managing policies for S3 buckets and Utilized S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Created Docker file for each micro service's and also changed some of the tomcat configuration file which are required to deploy Java based application to the Docker container.
- Moved micro services running on Amazon Ami into the Docker containers.
- Collaborated with development support teams to setup a continuous delivery environment with the use of Docker.
- Created the branches in subversion to implement the parallel development process.
- Merged release branches to the trunk after the production release and resolved the conflicts if any during the merge in subversion.
- Build scripts using ANT and MAVEN build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- High level troubleshooting to fix hardware and Software issues on UNIX/VMware platforms.
- Developed, maintained and distributed release notes for each scheduled release.
Environment: GIT, Jenkins, Chef, Docker, Nagios, JIRA, Confluence, Java/J2EE, ANT, MAVEN, Web Logic, Shell Scripts, Groovy, AWS.
Confidential, Warren, NJ
Sr. Devops Engineer
- Worked as an active participant in an Agile development environment; attend daily standups, sprint planning and retrospectives.
- Worked closely with the lead CI engineer and management to identify CI/CD goals, design solutions and implement them.
- Actively involved in architecture ofDevOpsplatform and cloud solutions.
- Installed and configured Anthill Pro for Automating Deployments and providing a complete automation solution.
- Programmed Jenkins file for Jenkins Pipeline to create fully functional development
- Implemented Chef Recipes for Deployment on build on internal Data Centre Servers.
- Also re-used and modified same Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instances.
- Extensively worked on Azure cloud services as supporting background process to automate process and run scripts when needed.
- Implemented Cloud Watch, Zabbix to monitor and manage servers.
- Implemented automated and manual backup strategy for RDS, EBS and Redshift.
- Provided on-going support and administration for SVN, ClearCase, ClearQuest and ANT build automation.
- Collaborated with development, QA release engineering and infrastructure teams to maintain high-quality deployment artifacts as it moves through entire deployment pipeline.
- Configured application servers (Apache Tomcat) to deploy the code and deployed various Web Application and API's onto the Cloud.
- Automated Continuous Build and Deploy Scripts for Jenkins Continuous Integration tool
- Developed installer scripts using Ant, Python, Unix for various products to be hosted on Application Servers.
- Written Teraform templates, Chef cookbooks, recipes and pushed them onto Chef server for configuring EC2 Instances.
- Worked extensively on CVS, Subversion as Version Control.
- Wrote Puppet models for installing and managing Java versions.
- Expert in CVS, ClearCase, Build Forge, WebSphere, VSS, SVN, UCM, ClearQuest and the SCM best practices
- Converted old builds using MAKE to ANT and XML for doing Java build.
- Enabled ELB to automatically route traffic across multiple instances and multiple Availability Zones.
- Used Kubernetes to container the deployment.
- Extensive exposure to Configuration Management policies and practices with regards to SDLC; along with automation of scripting using BASH/Shell, Perl scripting.
- Maintenance of source code in GIT. Branching, Creating labels, merging of codes on GIT for QA testing and release.
- Supported and maintained all operational activities related toDevOpssystems.
- Worked on provisioning AWS and deploy Chef and Jenkins to completely provision and manage the instances.
- Involved in deploying the content cloud platform on Amazon AWS using EC2, S3, EBS
- Used API as front door for applications to access data, business logic or functionality from back end services, such as workloads running on Amazon EC2, code running on Lambda, web application.
- Launched Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Images (Linux/ Ubuntu) and Configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- Worked with AMI effectively a snapshot of the root file system, used a disk image and Linux to boot from arbitrary location on the EBS storage network.
- Automate Continuous Build and Deploy Scripts for Jenkins Continuous Integration tool
- Provided end-user straining for all Tortoise SVN, JIRA users to effectively use the tool.
- Implemented unit testing framework driven using Junit and Cucumber Set up Jenkins master/slave to distribute builds on salve nodes.
Environment: AWS, Redshift, Apache, Tomcat, Nagios, MySQL, Jenkins, Maven, Docker, Chef, JBOSS 4.22, JSON, Web Logic Application Server, GIT, Oracle11g, Linux.
Confidential - San Jose, CA
Build & Release Engineer
- Participated in the release cycle of the product which involved environments like Development, INT, QA, UAT and Production.
- Responsible for the building and deploying the artifacts into DEV, INT and QA Environments
- Used Subversion as version Control for maintaining the versions.
- Created Subversion configuration record for builds using derived objects generated during build audit process.
- Used AGILE MVN method to develop a build and also ANT as a build tool.
- Used Maven to automate the build process and Managing virtual instances and disks using Puppet.
- Integrated the Code Quality tools Cobertura, PMD, Findbugs and Checkstyle to Maven Projects.
- Installed and Configured Nexus to manage the artifacts in different Repositories.
- Configured and automated the Jenkins Build jobs for Continuous Integration.
- Participated in configuring and monitoring distributed and multiple platform servers using Puppet
- Used Puppet server and workstation to manage and configure nodes.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet dashboard for configuration management to existing infrastructure
- Managed environments DEV, BCP, UAT and PROD for various releases and designed instance strategies.
- Implemented continuous integration web hooks and workflows around Jenkins to automate the dev test deploy workflow around Puppet codebase
- Used Apache Tomcat as application server for deploying the artifacts.
- Developed UNIX and Perl Scripts for the purpose of manual deployment of the code to the different environments and E-mail the team when the build is completed.
- Built and Deployed Java/J2EE to a web application server in an Agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process.
- Managed and performed the environment related configuration changes as a part of deployment.
- Coordinated application releases with Development, DBA, QA and Project Management teams.
- Migrating J2EE, PHP, .NET, and Cold Fusion applications to UNIX and Windows environments by configuring application via IDE Eclipse, Subversion.
- Coordinated Release effort amongst various teams (Integration, QA, Testing, and Business Analysis) in geographically separated environment.
- Created deployment request tickets in Remedy for the deploying the code to Production.
- Used Perl/Shell to automate build and deployment Process.
- Responsible for the Plugin Management, User Management, Build/Deploy Pipeline Setup and End-End Job Setup of all the projects.
- Documented the deployment process (Migration Doc) of code to production.
- Used JIRA as Issue Tracking Tool.
Environment: ANT, Puppet, Jenkins, Maven, Make, JIRA, GIT, SVN, JIRA, Shell, UNIX, Linux, Subversion, Nexus
Confidential - Richmond, VA
Sr. J2EE/Java Developer
- Involved in User Requirements and created System Requirement Document, Functional Requirement Documents.
- Involved in Creating the Design Artifacts, Viz. High Level Design Document, Low Level Design document using
- Created Model View Controller Architecture and Object Relational Mapping.
- Used Agile Development Methodology.
- Involved and Lead the User Interface Design using Struts2 - Tiles Framework, JSP, Tag Libraries, Cascading Style Sheets (CSS and AJAX)
- Responsible for Developing Struts - Core Action Classes, Tag Libraries, Creating Data Access Objects (DAO).
- Extensively worked on User Interface for few modules using JSPs, Java Script and Ajax.
- Involved in developing code for obtaining bean references using spring framework - Dependency Injection (DI) / Inversion of Control (IOC).
- Used Java Message Service (JMS) for reliable and asynchronous exchange of important information, such as connection status report.
- Created web services using Apache AXIS.
- Developed Custom Tags to simplify the JSP code.
- Cases for unit testing, integration and user acceptance testing.
- Involved in Post Production Used DAO pattern to retrieve the data from database.
- Used SAX and DOM XML parsers in the application
- Developed the Hibernate mappings for persistence layer.
- Coordinating with the team to ensure deliverables.
- Involved in Code Review and Peer review of code.
- Performed Unit Testing by JUnit, Code Refactoring to adhere to the existing design.
- Prepared test plans and test case support of the Application, taking care to resolve critical issues with minimum turnaround time.
- Wrote complex queries in Oracle database.
- Wrote complex SQL queries and stored procedures.
- Created batch jobs using UNIX shell scripting
- Involved in Deployment of the application on Web sphere Application Server.
- Closely working with QA, Business and Architect to solve various Defects in quick and fast to meet deadlines
Environment: Struts 1.2, JSP, CSS, JSON, spring2, AJAX, EJB, Hibernate, Eclipse, Web services, Java Script, Web sphere Application Server, Oracle 10g, JUnit, and XML.
Confidential - Santa Ana, CA
- Involved in meetings handled by Architect to review the Design Documents of the Project.
- Gathered information from Architect and Business Analysts to design Functional Specifications.
- Designed and developed various modules of the application with J2EE design architecture, frameworks like Spring MVC architecture and Spring Bean Factory using IOC, AOP concepts.
- Used Hibernate in persistence layer and developed POJO's, Data Access Object (DAO) to handle all database operations and worked on Oracle as the backend database.
- Implemented features like logging, user session validation using Spring-AOP module.
- Played an active role in Vehicles module as part of which developed JSP, Servlets and EJB.
- Used AJAX for implementing part of the functionality for Customer Registration, View Customer information modules.
- Developed Session Beans to implement business logic & used Entity Beans to make database calls.
- Used SOAP to store and to retrieve third party user profile information from database.
- Developed Admin Class, EventHandle Class, DataModel Class that creates the user interface and for handling action events.
- Implemented AngularJS as a development framework to build a single page application.
- Wrote notification service that executes daily, sends emails and escalations to participants.
- Wrote SQL Queries and integrated into DAO and developed triggers, packages, storage procedures and functions using PL/SQL.
- Designed and developed Servlets to communicate between presentation and business layer.
- Deployment of Application in the Web logic Server environment using ANT tool using Struts architecture with the JSP Client.
- Server side validations using Struts Validator and Hibernate Validator framework.
- Involved in creating and configuring of build files and Developed Controller Servlets Framework component for Presentation.
- Followed Agile software development with Scrum methodology.
- Used Log4j to assign, track, report the issues in the application and provide Technical support.
- Used GIT for branching and merging new features of app and JIRA for project management.
- Involved in Selenium & Integration Testing for different Modules in the application.
- Design test cases using Selenium Web driver and TestNG and enhance cross browser testing.
- Used custom tags to check for authentication and wrote JUnit test cases for unit testing the integration layer.
Environment: Core Java/J2EE, JSP, Servlets, JDBC 2.0, JSTL, EJB, Struts, Spring MVC, Hibernate, XML, Html, CSS, Ajax, Java Script, SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle, Weblogic, SOAP, Eclipse, Selenium, Log4J, GIT.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes