Packaging Engineer Resume
- Seeking a challenging career in Application Repackaging function in the IT Industry and being part of a progressive organization where my skills & competencies could be harnessed; thus achieving the goals & simultaneously growing with the Organization
- Result oriented and technically strong excellent technical, analytical & interpersonal skills with about 3 years of proven & demonstrable track record in successful execution of Application Packaging responsibilities.
- Consistently recognized for the ability to meet Organizational requirements and achieving budgeted goals.
- A passion to excel in IT enabled environments is the basis of my objective to reach the zenith
- MSI & Windows Installer Technology
- Macrovision Adminstudio, Installshield, Wise Package Studio, Orca and App - V
- Packaging, sequencing and deployment using SCCM
- Adminstudio 8, 9, 10 & 11.5
- Vendor .MSI customisation using Transforms (.MST)
- Vista Remediation and Shims
- VMware virtual machine creations
- Active Directory and Group Policy
- Working in an Application Packaging role for standardised and ‘lockeddown’ environments
- Knowledge of Windows NT, XPandVista
- Visual Basic Scripting for use in custom actions
- ICE and ACE resolutions
- Knowledge of a wide range of packaging tools including Set ACLS, Dependency walker, Proc mon, Reg mon and Picture taker
- Creation and Implementation of Transforms (.MST), Merge Modules (.MSM) and Patches (.MSP) within an application package
- Imaging software including VMware and Ghost
- Understand and isolate application and OS compatibility problems
- Excellent knowledge of Application Discovery
- Experience of user acceptance testing(UAT)
- Software/Hardware rolloutsManagement Skills
- Diligent and accurate worker
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work well under pressure within a team and also as an individual
- Extensive knowledge of all aspects of computing, including both software and hardware
- Conscientious and self motivated
- Havea customerfocused, service orientated approach
- Proven organisational and time management skills
- Ability to communicate and interact well at all levels
- Understanding of product licensing both standalone and corporate wide
- Quick Learner & Team Player
- Ability to bond long lasting relationships….with customers and colleagues
Operating Systems: Windows 95, 98, 2000, XP, 2003/07
Application Packages: Tools: Install Rite, Picture Taker, Dependency Walker, Filemon, Regmon, ProcessmonWindows Installer Technology: Wise Package Studio 5.6/7.0/8.0, Admin Studio 11.5, App-v4.6 SP1 and ORCA
Windows Server: Installation and Configuration Windows 2003 and 2008 server Managing Active Directory Services Managing and implementing various services (DNS, DHCP, RAS, and IIS etc.) Creating and managing Users Accounts and Groups in Windows 2003 & 2008 Server
- Primary responsibility of handling the role of an Application Packager and end to end System Administration
- To create MSI, MST, Patches and scripts as per the package requirement
- To create the virtual applications as per the client requirement
- To deploy the packages using Tivoli and SCCM
- Creating VB scripts to customize the client Operating System
- Testing the scripts in test environment before rolling out to production.
- Re-packaging with wise packaging studio, orca.
- Internal validation of the packages created by other team members.
- Trouble shooting the applications in case of any issues.
- Testing the applications in client provided environments for the proper working and functionality.
- Preparing project plans (Microsoft Project Plan) so as to ensure keep in check with deadlines and fore see the course of the project. Would have to highlight the risk and mitigations in case of any disruption during the project flow for providing the infrastructure to the customer on time.
- Preparation of Project Plans for the completion of the projects on / and define the course of the project Completion
- Creating packages (.MSI) and Transforms (.MST) using Packaging Studio based on requirements.
- Involved in troubleshooting process of various .MSI applications.
- Create base images for applications packaging using Symantec Ghost.
- Repackaging and customizing the applications as per the Client requirement in Windows Installer format using Install Shield
- Doing the Source review for Submission requests using tools like Install Rite.
- Applying patches to the package.
- Used third parity tools Install rite as part of troubleshooting.
- Analyzing legacy setups and repackaging them to create a MSI product.
- Preparing Packaging Workstations with clean Windows XP operating system with VPC and VMware.
- Involved in reviewing applications developed by other packagers.
- Involved with testing team to ensure the functionality of application before delivered.
- Checking the package for the quality as per the QA standards specified by the client.
- Performing Updates and Upgrades according to the App Owner requirements.
- Creating upgrades for older versions of software
- Resolve the errors by using third party tools like Process Monitor, Install Rite, Picture Tracker, Filemon and Regmon.
- Creating Custom Actions in .MSI packages using VB scripting
- Creating Ghost Images for specific laptop models and building the machines on request.