- 18 years of IT consulting and operational support experience in the Microsoft Windows environment. My experience includes supervising and assisting in IT related projects with primary focus on implementing, configuring and supporting various Operating Systems and software applications in a LAN/WAN environment. In addition to having a sound technical background, I have experience as a coordinator of IT training both in the higher education field and corporate sector.
- My background and goals seem to match your requirements well. I am confident that I can perform the job effectively, and I am excited about the idea of working for a dynamic, well-respected organization.
Technical Areas of Expertise:
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2012, 2008, 2003, 2000, NT4 , Windows Workstation NT, 2000, XP, Vista, 7 , Mac OS X, Directory Services Microsoft Active Directory
Hardware: HP/Compaq servers, desktops and laptops , IBM servers and desktops , Dell servers, desktops, laptops, network and backup devices , Apple desktops and laptops , DLT/LTO tape drive libraries IBM and Dell , power cabling UPSs, PSUs and CAT 5 , PDAs BlackBerry, Treos and Palm , Business Printers HP, Dell and LexMark , Wireless Cisco, Linksys, Dell, D-Link and Netgear , UPS APC, Belkin
Software: Email systems Exchange 2003, 2007 and 2010 , BMC Remedy IT Service Management Suite, Office Suites MS Office 2010, Mac Office and OpenOffice , Project Planning MS Project, MS Visio Pro, Project, Office , Virtual Server Management VMWare, Microsoft , Database MS SQL 2000/2005, MSDE and Microsoft Access , PDAs BlackBerry, Treos and Palm , HP Openview, Citrix Presentation Server 4.0 and 4.5 and XenServer 5.
Networks/Protocols: LAN/WAN/WLAN, TCP/IP, IPX/SPX, NetBIOS, DNS, DHCP, SMTP S , HTTP S , RDP, FTP, VPN, TFTP, Ethernet.
- Supported, maintain and managed end user accounts, permissions, and access rights in Active Directory within a Windows Server 2003.
- On a team of 6 System Administrators, provided support and troubleshoot moderate to complex issues within the Federal Government environment which included hardware, software Microsoft and other mandated software for the Federal Government employer and Network issues Managing printer, PCs etc., and solving connectivity issues related to the hardware.
WINTEL SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR
- Maintained operating systems, such as Windows Server 2003 and 2008, in a defined operating environment, local network, or cluster of servers. Regularly provide information on the system/server configuration, security settings and performance levels for other technical staff and developers.
- Monitored and maintain the server infrastructure. Resolved various technical hardware and software issues. Analyzed system performance and address bottlenecks and other potential problems. Provided second tier technical support for assigned operating systems and servers.
- Managed and maintained user accounts on the Active Directory and locally on the servers.
- Installed systems patches, updates and software applications for the assigned Operating System. Compiled and test patch rollouts. Review patch reports and security alerts.
- Provided support of VMware ESX environment. Windows Server 2008
SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR III
- Managed servers, including e-mail, print and backup servers and their associated operating systems and software. All servers used Microsoft Windows server 2003 and Windows Server 2008 as OS .
- Managed security concerning Operating system solutions by following industry standard best practices under the guidance of the data security analyst.
- Installed, configured, maintained, and troubleshoot moderately complex application server hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- Ensure network connectivity of all workstations.
- Administered all equipment, hardware and software upgrades.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
- Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans for network resource administration, appropriate use, and disaster recovery.
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Established service level agreements with end users by providing day-to-day onsite administrative support for users in a Windows XP environment.
- Administer and maintain end user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
- Perform system backups and recovery using Symantec Backup Exec versions 10d 2010 .
- Configured, managed, maintained and supported the Active Directory.
- Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
- Maintain and create user accounts and policies within Active Directory.
- Manage, Configure and support the Citrix environment. Citrix Presentation server 4.5 and Citrix Xenapp 5.0
- Maintain and monitor the health and performance of the Citrix servers. Made sure that the latest rollup hot fixes and service packs as well Microsoft server updates were installed.
- Published resources within the citrix farm. Setup and administer user group accounts permissions and access to the published resources.
- Installed and configured printer drivers in the citrix farm. Troubleshoot and solved printer issues.
- Responsible for 1200 users as third level support of 10 applications on the Citrix farm Applications included EMR, Dental and other medical applications
- Responsible for migration of 1200 users 10 applications from Citrix 4.5 farm to Xenapp 5.0.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform network improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
- Assist in completion of special projects on as needed basis.
- Neighborworks Created MSI and MST files, and set those files up
- Spiegel McDiarmid Contracted to perform task for the system
- Email archiving tool within Outlook 2003. After users were associated to
- The Enterprise Vault KVS server, I made sure KVS was setup on the
- users workstations and functioning properly, as well as configured the
- offline features for each of the users who logged on remotely. I also,
- provided training to each of the attorneys and staff and any additional
- support for KVS email archiving tool.
- Migration and upgrade of the system from Windows 2000 to
- Windows 2003 server. Setup new Dell workstations on user's desktops
- with Windows XP implemented. Installed hardware and upgraded older
- workstations with Windows 2000 to Windows XP. After Windows XP
- OS and software applications were packaged and deployed I went to
- User's desktops to install user specific software. Provided Network,
- Hardware and Software support for users in the firm. Monitoring the
- health of the Windows 2003 Servers on a daily basis checking the event
- viewer on each server for any errors, reviewing backup logs for any failed
- into Group Policy to be deployed to certain users. Created and
- imaged PCs. Configured Blackberry and Treo devices for the users.
- 2004-2005 Mid-Delta Home Health Agency Belzoni, MS
- Resolving technical support issues for Corporate office and clinical staff,
- In a Citrx Metaframe Presentation server 4.0 environment.
- Responsible for monitoring and troubleshooting Network Connectivity
- issues. Perform the system backups and maintenance.
- Managed, administer and supported user accounts in an Active Directory
- environment, on Windows 2003 server, also managed and administered
- email accounts of users using MS Outlook/Exchange 2003, and managed
- remote user sessions Citrix Metaframe servers.
- System Implementation/ Setup of Microsoft Great Plains on client's
- workstations. Installation of Server and Client objects inclusive of
- various modules like Financial, Human Resource and Inventory.
- Administration of Microsoft Great Plains which includes: Maintenance
- of user classes, security and authorizations. Setting up new companies
- and user access to those companies.
- Upgraded Windows 2000 server to Windows 2003 server. Installed
- and configured Misys application on both the application server and
- database server. Installed Veritas Backup Exec on Dell server, which
- served as a backup server.
- Implementation and deployment of software applications, for regular
- office staff and clinical staff. Trained end-users clerical and clinical
- staff to understand and effectively use the company's software.
- Installed and configured VPN on all laptops and PCs for secure remote use.
LAN/PC Support Specialist
- Responsible for installation, configuration and support of all software applications on over 100 user workstations.
- Provided technical support for the staff. Resolved all user related network issues.
- Implementation and support of Windows 2000, Windows XP and Apple-Macs desktop Operating Systems as well as Windows 2000 server OS. Daily performed system backups and recovery for the AS/400server and Windows 2000 server.
- Completed Network conversion project, converting Token Ring to Ethernet.
- Implemented remote VPN on upper management's laptops also configured email accounts through a web-based access.applications.