- Business leader with 20 years experience delivering successful customer focused managed service network operations center leadership aligned with business processes to accelerate productivity, quality, and profitability of large corporations with personalized relationships. Engaging communicator who drives success across all phases of a service management life cycle by bridging the gap between customer and business teams and by responding with agility to meet evolving business goals.
- Delivering ROI and competitive advantage through nimble processes, systems, and implementations
- Delivered millions of dollars in cost savings and double-digit efficiency gains while improving customer satisfaction by applying lean six sigma principles and implementing process improvements.
- Led in-house teams and vendors to complete technical assignments, managing up to 30 projects simultaneously.
Areas of Expertise:
- Strategic Planning Execution Organizational Alignment Business Development Process Improvements
- Infrastructure Constraints Operational Gap Analysis Service Delivery Design Business Solutions
- Forecasting Capital Planning Funding Analysis Technology Integration Vendor Sourcing Management Incident Management Performance Management Capacity Management Workflow Management Service Management - ITIL
- Recruited to implement managed services and internal NOC capabilities in the DMR critical communications sectors of North American and Latin American public safety, public utilities, transportation and mining industries by providing strategic leadership and tactical oversight for design and implementation of process improvements, OSS architecture interoperability, and business continuity. Charged with dynamically accelerating production, improving quality, modifying company culture to ITIL framework and service delivery, and eliminating waste by applying lean six sigma principles. Contribute to long-range plans.
- Provided business analysis for design and implementation of company's first portioned management network and network OSS featuring BMC Entuity IBM Fault Monitoring, BMC ProActivenet Performance Manager, and BMC Remedy ITSM globally.
- Deployed the industry's first hosted asset management platform as a subscription service to clients and dealers.
- Consolidated traditional NOC/Managed Service organization with product Level 2 support desk resulting in significantly increased Quality of Experience for our clients and up-sell Service opportunities for the business.
- 50 increase in year over year support agreement renewals.
- Implementation of Client based Service Management Engineers.
- Delivered dramatic improvements:
- 75 reduction in Priority 1 network outage duration.
- Established regional data center, cloud based telephony/contact center, and full business continuity.
- Contractor/sub-contractor management of physical NOC build.
Sr. Network Manager
- Hired to strengthen NOC and enterprise managed service business operations of 350M Telecommunications Company by providing strategic leadership for design and implementation of process improvements. Charged with accelerating production, improving quality, and eliminating waste by applying lean principles. Contribute to long-range plans.
- Provided business analysis for design and implementation of company's first Network OSS featuring IBM Netcool Fault Monitoring and Relevance Performance Management system that successfully interfaced/removed 20 legacy systems and produced 75 increase in network visibility.
- Deployed TR-69 consumer broadband monitoring/provisioning solution required for the corporate focus on high-speed Internet access to consumer and SMB throughout Alaska.
- Established a corporate workflow management organization to drive visibility and priority to all installation and repair activity performed by field based resources.
- Delivered dramatic improvements:
- Tech Support Call Center answer times of maximum 2 minutes for 80 of incoming calls.
- 95 correct 1st visit service installation.
- 80 reduction of repeat trouble tickets.
- 75 reduction in Sev 1 network events.
- Added value to ACD/IVR replacement project by aligning systems with process improvements that delivered an immediate 20 efficiency gain in phase 1 alone.
Customer Operation Leader
- Provided business analysis for design and implementation of co-hosted network operations centers using Nortel incident management infrastructure and a combination of NC based Nortel NOC operators and AK based ACS NOC operators represented by the IBEW.
Global Operations Assurance Leader
- Perform detailed assessments of client's network monitoring and management capabilities in the Telecom, IT, Enterprise, Government, and International markets develop and implement Best In Class transformation plans for network management stabilization and evolution.
- Established CALA NOC in Sao Paulo, Br. designed to operate the TDM, DSL, and SDH networks of Telefonica. This NOC eventually scaled to include numerous enterprises throughout South America.
Sr. Mgr., Proactive Performance Management
- Day to day operational support to numerous tier 2 and tier 3 ILEC, CLEC, IXC, MSO, Wireless, IT, and Facility Providers via the Nortel NA and ASIA-PAC Network Management Centers.