An accomplished IT professional with demonstrated success implementing strategic IT initiatives that improve business functionality with positive impacts on the bottom line. Technology savvy self-starter, adept at moving into new environments and can extrapolate from existing experience to quickly adapt to new technologies fluently. Possess first-rate communications and collaboration skills to lead and work in concert with diverse groups effectively.
OPERATING SYSTEMS:Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 2000 Professional Server,Windows 2003 Server, Windows 2008 ServerSP2/R2, Windows Server 2012, Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES4.
HARDWARE:Cisco 2800 series Routers, Cisco 2960/3550/2560/3750 Switches, Brocade Switches, 3Com Switches,HP ProCurve 2426/2626 POE Switches, Hubs, Laptops, Workstations HP, Dell Compaq , Servers HP ProLiant Blade Servers, Compaq ProLiant, Dell , SAN EMC Clarion, Compellent Network Storage, OnStor Bobcats
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Application Virtualization App-V 4.5/5.0, VMWare ThinApp 4/7/5.0, Desktop Authority Manager, Microsoft SCCM 2007/2012, Altiris Notification Server, Altiris Deployment Server, Avaya IP Office Manager,Evault, HP Insight Manager, VMware vSphere 4 5 ESXand vCenter Server, Cisco IOS, Shavlik, Norton Ghost, Symantec Endpoint Protection 11, Symantec Endpoint Protection Management Console, Symantec Anti-Virus Corporate Edition, McAfee Anti-Virus Enterprise, Veritas, TCPview, SolarWindsEngineer Edition, TFTP Server, VMWare Infrastructure Client, Hyper Terminal, OnStor NAS Gateway Manager, Sitescope Monitoring,HP Insight Manager
Sr. Systems/Network Administrator
- Provide technical operation tier 4support in the following areas: system operations systems administration, configuration management user help desk hardware/software telecommunications support COTS test and evaluation and network operations centers.
- Formulate and define system scopes and objectives through user needs and an understanding of business systems and industry requirements.
- Develop, execute, and document the test plans and procedures.
- Provide expert technical guidance, interpretation and implementation oversight of applicable information security policies, processes, and practices to ensure operational availability.
- Review computer system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations to determine if requested program or program change is possible within existing system.
- Prepare workflow charts and diagrams to specify in detail operations to be performed by equipment and computer programs and operations to be performed by personnel in system.
- Design and prepare layouts for computer systems requirements and develops procedures to process data using LAN/WAN and PC or mainframe ADPE.
Systems/Image Engineer Joint Chiefs of Staff Contract
- Virtualized25 software applicationsfor use on x86 x64 bit Windows 7,VDI and thick box systemsusing VMware's ThinApp 4.7software.
- Used Microsoft's App-V 4.6 SP1 App-V 5.0 virtualization software to virtualize 22 applications to be distributed via both SCCM and Microsoft's App-V Server console.
- Converted 50 App-V 4.6 virtualized packages to App-V 5.0 through PowerShell 3.0 using the App-V 5 Package converter, ConvertFrom-Legacyappvpackage for x86 systems including SharePoint Designer 2010, Microsoft Project 2010 Microsoft Office 2010.
- Troubleshoot VMWare Thinapp virtualized application functionality using dll dump.exe to diagnose hung processes within virtualized sandboxes.
- Captured Windows 8.1 OS Images using WinPE for Dell Venue and Microsoft Surface Pro 2 Tablets.
- Performed Layer 3 OSI Model troubleshooting using traceroute, pathping, netstat, arp ping commands via elevated command prompts.
Sr.System Engineer Office of the Secretary of Defense Contract
- Created virtual Windows 2003 Domain Controllers for multiple domains using dcpromo.
- Used PowerShell to initiate custom PowerCLI scriptswhich load balanced resource pools in VMware vSphere.
- Managed SRDF arrays and RDM mappings in vSphere 5.1
- Created, Cloned and Deployed Windows 7 Virtual machine templates in VMware vSphere Client 5.1.
- Configured patching groups in Shavlik to deploy Microsoft Security patches for compliance on Windows 2K3/2K8/2K8R2 servers.
- Resolved Cat I, II III Retina Scan findings on physical and virtual DoD workstations and servers through modifying windows Registry settings via Regedit and Folder s permissions/security.
- Created Active Directory User Accounts, Service Accounts and Security Groups.
- Troubleshot Active Directory User accounts through password resets, unlocking accounts OU verification of accounts being in the appropriate AD container s .
- Created Group Policy Objects GPO using Group Policy Management Console gpmc.msc to apply security settings and configurationsto Windows XP, Windows 7, W2k3, W2K8 and W2K8R2 computer/server objects within Active Directory on NIPRnet SIPRnet.
- Installed Solarwinds Orion Network Performance Monitor NPM 10.6 Server and Application Monitor SAM 6.0 on Windows Server 2003 server architecture for network monitoring of resources software.
- Configured community strings on Windows 2003 servers to allow communication with Solarwinds NPM for system monitoring through Solarwinds' Application Monitor.
- Updated IP address assignments for various subnets within SolarWinds NPM.
- Created application packages including Firefox in Microsoft's SCCM for distribution to Windows 7 desktop systems.
- Managed settings and configurations for users, computers and networks through Quest Desktop Authority.
- Managed and maintained data privacy through encrypting data stored on system endpoints through Mobile Armor.
Sr. Systems Administrator Department of State Contract
- Maintained an A compliance rating for the CA-Vistronix/CA-IVV organizational unit within the Department of State's iPost security compliance system through daily reviews of site reports remediation of security compliance findings, and missing Microsoft Patches/software on Windows systems.
- Monitored daily anti-virus definitions compliance for CA-Vistronix CA-IVV OU's through Symantec Endpoint Protection Management Console.
- Ensured up to date anti-virus definition compliance for CA-Vistronix CA-IVV by installing Symantec Endpoint Protection anti-virus updates to workstations remotely through the SEPM console and manually.
- Provided technical support for configuration, installation, problem isolation, and problem resolution of government servers, Cisco switches, and routers.
- Created Access Control Lists on Cisco Routers, through Cisco's IOS to mitigate prohibited TCP/IP traffic from traversing the OpenNet/OpenNet Plus ONP network.
- Created 16 VLANs to segment OpenNet/OpenNet Plus ONP IP network traffic on Cisco 2960/3550/2560/3750 switches.
- Configured and maintained Ethernet port assignments on Cisco and HP ProCurve POE switches.
- Configured HP ProCurve POE switches to allow both data voice IP packet traffic for use with an Avaya IP VoIP phone system.
- Assisted in the conversion of 42 personnel analog phone system to VoIP using Avaya IP Office.
- Allocated mass storage space on Dell Compellent SAN Storage for distribution as LUN's on VMWare ESXi Servers.
- Created virtual servers using VMWare vSphere through the VMWare Infrastructure Client.
- Created batch files for execution of software installations, Symantec anti-virus definition updates Microsoft security patches.
- Mitigated vulnerabilities though updating Microsoft Adobe patches onboth physical virtual Windows workstation and server platforms.
- Created deployed Windows XP images using Symantec Ghost.
- Spliced and crimped Cat5/5e/6 Ethernet cable for network connectivity.
- Researched and recommended vendor products such as new Cisco Routers/switches and faster SAN Storage implantationsto generate additional business and increase staff efficiency.
Systems Analyst IV
- Received the Bronze Recognition Award for the FDCA 2010 Census ELCO Deployments in recognition of exceptional achievement and contribution to the success of Unisys - December 2008.
- Configured, imaged, and tested computer and network equipment for 13 Regional Census Centers and 494 Local Census offices.
- Provided onsite Engineering support for Unisys' Stealth Solution demonstration during the Coalition Warrior Interoperability.
- Imaged 3300 Workstations and Laptops for the FDCA 2010 Decennial Census Project using Altiris Deployment Server.
- Maintained support for 10,000 systems in the FDCA 2010 Decennial Census Project.
- Maintained Altiris Notification Server package servers with software deployment tools.
- Created reports through direct SQL queries as required providing metric statistics.
- Maintained Altiris Notification Server and Deployment Server components and associated container structures.
- Added new sites to Altiris DS and NS structures along with bringing all new workstations up to standard.
- Performed database validations and updated the database as necessary.
- Supported deployment activities by assisting with asset management feeds into the asset management database.
- Administered and resolved issues with associated end-user workstation software and hardware products.
Data Center Operations Technician
- Administered and Installed Evault Info Storage Agent on ProLiant Blade Servers running Microsoft Windows 2003 Standard and Red Hat Linux ES 4.
- Configured and administered Brocade Switches.
- Deployed OS Configurations to HP ProLiant p-Class Blade Servers through Altiris Deployment Solutions. Planned Major server and system administration projects.
- Configured both manual and automated installations of Windows 2003 Server and Red Hat Linux ES 4 on HP ProLiant p-Class Blade Servers.
- Performed multimedia tape rotation including preparation for offsite storage
- Assisted Technical Operations Lead as necessary on projects or scheduling needs.
- Maintained accurate, complete records for system operations, task lists, problems and resolution updates.
- Monitored electrical, HVAC, and other critical support systems and followed troubleshooting/escalation procedures accordingly.
- Racked, cabled, and labeled all equipment