- 12 years of experience in LAN/WAN diagnostics, development, security and administration seasoned background in using Cisco routers, firewalls, and switches, and driving network security.
- Excel in advanced router, firewall, and switch configuration within a multi-routing protocol network.
- Adept at designing, configuring and monitoring impermeable networks to reliably safeguard critical data.
- Researched and selected anti-virus solution for Aisin's North American network which saved 13K annually and provided additional security features not offered by prior software.
- Proactively leverage cutting-edge intrusion detection systems and network management strategies to optimize security and internal controls.
- Skilled at formulating policies, programs, procedures, and standards to protect sensitive information.
- Effectively cooperate with technology vendors to evaluate, select and implement cost-effective yet robust security systems.
- Equally talented in hands-on and management roles excel in managing, mentoring and motivating teams to complete projects within defined budgets and rigid schedules.
Sr. WAN and Security Engineer
- Spearhead design, implementation and administration of North American WAN wide area network for Fortune 500 company, drive full-scope continental network security, played an integral role in developing IT policy, and wrote security policy.
- Oversee all North American routers, firewalls and switches, provide on-call consultation and support to approximately 30 locations, configure, design and manage all new location networks, and oversee infrastructure upgrades as required.
- Successfully reduced operating costs by centralizing email and Internet, standardizing North American routing equipment, and implementing MPLS WAN.
- Exercised strong critical thinking abilities to design and implement North America backup solution for MPLS network.
- Introduced Open Source PBX for VOIP to slash expenses from calls to other locations and headquarters in Japan.
- Fortified email security for all North American locations by deploying Sprint Email Protection Services SEPS.
- Designed North American infrastructure to save 90K per year and re-negotiated MPLS network contract to capture additional savings of 36K annually.
- Designed and increased security of Remote Access VPN solution.
- Performed advanced router configuration and maintenance of a 500-node Cisco network led efforts for Copernica to achieve OEM certification by Cisco Systems.
- Demonstrated exemplary organizational skills in maintaining Motorola X.25 switches, establishing alternate routing or dial backup for network links and client locations when available and necessary, and maintaining databases such as Clientele, Remedy and Rover.
- Diligently analyzed, troubleshot, and resolved potential LAN/WAN problems via diagnostic tools such as Vital Net, Cisco Works, and NetCool.
- Promptly updated and configured client routers in Vital Net NMS database.
- Leveraged significant problem solving abilities to locate and resolve network routing issues, diagnose Frame Relay, ATM, analog, digital and ISDN issues, and drive swift resolution in cooperation with clients and vendors.
- Closely partnered with Field Engineering group to ensure flawless functioning of newly installed clients on the network.