Network and System Administrator with diversified experience and demonstrated proficiency designing enterprise network infrastructures, managing network operations, providing technical support, and developing innovative solutions to complex technical issues. Skilled technical leader that combines expertise in quality control, and organizational leadership with strong qualifications in network design and implementation. Articulate communicator who effectively collaborates with technical teams as well as senior management and customers.
Highlights of Expertise:
- LAN/WAN Management
- Quality Assurance
- DISA STIG
- Voice over IP VoIP
- Troubleshooting Problem Resolution
- Cisco Equipment Configuration
- Data Transmission
- Network Security
- Team Building Leadership
- Cryptographic Specialist
- Cat5e/Fiber Optic Cabling
- MPLS, BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, Spanning-tree, LAN, VLAN, WAN, 802.1q, Cisco Unified Call Manager, Ciscoworks NCM, SNMPc, SolarWinds, NetQoS Reporter Analyzer, eHealth.
- Microsoft Windows 2008/2003/2000/NT Server Active Directory , Windows 7/Vista/XP/2000, UNIX, Linux
- Provide real-time performance and availability statistics of networking elements to US Army Reserve G6 Staff to assist in further optimizing network performance.
- Monitor network connectivity of over 885 Army Reserve bases located throughout the Continental United States, Pacific, and Europe.
- Provide DHCP management for entire US Army Reserve Command.
Senior Network Administrator
- Administered over 200 Cisco Switches in an Enterprise Architecture within three Security levels.
- Managed the conversion of unclassified voice IP range from a public IP range to a private IP range to comply with Department of Defense regulations with zero downtime.
- Provided oversight of the IA/CND Information Assurance/Computer Network Defense implementation of Intrusion Detection System, Intrusion Prevention System, and ARCSIGHT server on FOB Pasab NIPR, SIPR, and CENTRIXS enclaves.
- Managed the implementation of AAA Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting configurations to all network devices to become compliant with Regional Command South Afghanistan migration from Cisco ACS Access Control Server v4.2 to v5.2.
- Performed pro-active monitoring of network elements, alarms and alerts to identify the components that may lead to or are causing network degradation or failure.
- Managed 30 IBM Blade Centers, clustered into 4 separate clusters, to provide video distribution of simulated data throughout video network.
- Document critical success factors and implementing change to improve overall performance and readiness.
Enterprise Operations Service Desk Technician
- Manage Incidents and Service requests via Remedy Ticketing system and supervise IT service monitoring with customer provided tools such as Share Point and Spectrum.
- Manage 25 major circuits that connect to DISA to provide services to USARPAC NIPR and SIPR customers.
- Restored corrupted UNIX server to full capacity in less than 8 hours time enabling financial assets to be restored with no data loss.
- Conduct system backups daily, weekly and monthly according to commands Standard Operating Procedures.
- Managed Wide Area Network connectivity over High Frequency and Ultra High Frequency wireless circuits.
- Coordinated communication shifts, based on available assets and resources, among U.S. Naval commands in the Pacific, Atlantic and Mediterranean Regions.
- Performed fault isolation, diagnostic/assessment functions, and used independent judgment and analysis to determine and execute corrective action s on a real-time basis.
- Provided 24-hour on-call technical assistance to NCTAMS PAC customers on various types of Department of Defense network systems to ensure reliable communication and timely delivery of naval message traffic.