- As Server Administrator at IBM, I was contracted to do Federal work and I was involved in all aspects of Active Directory Administration, responsible for Tivoli Endpoint Manager Rollout and implementation for Automation of MS Service Packs, Updates, hotfixes and 3rd party updates. Also administered/supported Vmware and Citrix environments. I am an IBM Certified Deployment Professional with the Tivoli Endpoint Manager V8.2 Certification.
- As Server Engineer Network/Server 3rd Tier Support for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, helped create certain aspects and administered certain aspects of the voting system in Pennsylvania USA across 67 Counties. Was at the highest level of Support, helping to troubleshoot and resolve all cases that were escalated to 3rd Tier support.
- Some of the systems involved Windows Administration, Active Directory Administration, Group Policy, OU's, MS Server 2000, MS Server 2003, Windows 2008 Server R2, Windows Server 2012, SQL, MS Clustering, Clusters for Citrix. Clusters for VMWare's ESX Server, Citrix, Remote Administration, Antivirus, Backup/Restore, Exchange Email, Winterms, Quest Products QMM for AD, Foglight , Firewall Troubleshooting, Application Connectivity Troubleshooting etc...
- As 3rd Tier Server Support for Verizon, helped consolidate 3 companies into 1 company. Mid-Atlantic Bell, GTE and Nynex into Verizon. This involved the heavy use of some of the following and more: MS Active Directory, GPO's,, OU's, DNS consolidation, WINS consolidation, VMware ESX Server in Clustered environments, Citrix. Retired over 6000 servers and built at least 6000 servers during time there.
- Managed IT Project consulting teams with 6 resources, 13 resources and 50 and 150 resources through Implementations, Rollouts and Migrations. Local, Regional and Global respectively.
- Servers with and without Clustering. Helped to manage Administer onsite and remote their 8000 servers. Supported Application Managers and resolved any Infrastructure and/or Security server related issues. Acted as SME for Symantec Antivirus and Veritas Backup Exec and Veritas Net Backup, also worked with McAfee Vshield
- Worked with Dell, HP, Compaq, DEC, IBM, Cisco equipment.
- Designed, Implemented and Configured BMC Remedy ITSM applications. They feature a multi-tenant architecture with role-based, row-level security, so a single enterprise IT service management team can use a single deployment to service multiple business units or customers. The implementations and configurations encompassed BMC Remedy Asset Configuration Management, BMC Remedy Service Desk, BMC Remedy Change and Release Management, BMC Analytics, BMC Consoles, all powered by BMC Remedy Action Request System AR System
- As Server Engineer/Active Directory consultant, helped the former company, Alcan of Rio Tinto, separate and break away from the former company network. This involved creating a new Windows 2008 Active Directory Forest with its new 3AComposites domain. Migrating AD Users and Groups etc. Alcan is now 3A Composites.
- Another contract involved the design of a new 2012 R2 Active Directory Forest with a Single Domain model under it. The single domain however had to be structured in a way that had separation of duties between the corporate side of the house and the side that had the Government work, Group Delegation Denials, OU's and other granular Active Directory work to harden the Security.
- ADFS 2012R2 Stood up four Active Directory Federated Services Farms 2 inside the Corp Network and 2 on the the DMZ which was public facing. Set up the Claims Provider Trusts between the Public facing ADFS Farms and the ADFS Farm on the Corporate Network as well as the ADFS Farm on the Government Network. Advised client on using Relying Party Trusts with Sharepoint.
SUMMARY of Products:
- Experienced in 8000 Server and 150,000 Work Station Enterprise Level Environments: Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows 2003 Server Engineer, Windows 2000 Server Engineer, NT 4.0 Server Engineer, MS Exchange Server 5.0 Engineer, NT System Administrator, Windows 2000 Network Implementation Specialist, Migration Specialist, Technical Project Management, 3rd Tier Server Support Intranet/Internet Application Server Support, Infrastructure Server Design/Architecture/Support. My immediate goal is to obtain my MCSE certifications in Windows 2003 and/or MCITP 2008, Windows 2012 MCSE Cloud and expand my official training to include Technical Project Management, SharePoint 2003, and Cisco CCNA, CISSP. Symantec Antivirus SME, Symantec Veritas NetBackup and Backup Exec SME, NetIQ SME. XP Professional, Microsoft Windows Vista, Vista Ultra 64, Windows 7, Consultations on all things Microsoft. Consult on WiFi, Wireless Networking, Hot Spots, Wireless Access with Encryption. Types of Wireless: B, G and N for Small Office Solutions. TEM SME Tivoli Storage Manager Use of different types of Migration software for Active Directory Quest Active Directory Migration Manager and MS Migration tools of many types.
- Recent Training and Experience in: Windows 2008 Server, Windows 2003 Server, Windows 2000 Server, Windows 2008 Server R2, Infrastructure, Infrastructure Design, Active Directory, Active Directory Design and Designing Security for a Windows 2000/2003 Network, Windows XP TabletPC Edition. Experience working with , VPN software, Checkpoint Firewalls and Cisco Switches and Routers across Enterprise Level networks, Enterprise Level Government Networks, Access, Office 2007 and SharePoint 2007, Outlook, Powerpoint, Project, Excel, Word, Front Page, IIS, PTC Windchill, Publisher, PC Anywhere, Adobe Reader. Exposed to many variations of the Change Management Process and procedures at the Enterprise level.
Title: Senior Wintel Systems Server Engineer
- Active Directory
- GPO Security
- ADFS Farm implementations
- Legacy Application Integration/Migration to new 2012 R2 Forest Level Active Directory some from a 2000 Forest Level AD network using 2003 Servers and some from a 2008 R2 Servers.
- Active Directory User Account Migration
- Active Directory File Server migration. Including File Shares and Permissions.
Title- Systems Administrator 3/ Also did Federal Project work.
- As Server Administrator at IBM, I was contracted to do Federal work and I was involved in all aspects of Active Directory Administration,
- Tivoli Endpoint Manager Rollout and implementation for Automation of MS Service Packs, Updates, hotfixes and 3rd party updates. BIGFIX/TEM Administration.
- Administered/supported Vmware and Citrix environments.
- Change Management Systems.
Title: Traveling Deployment Technician
- Deployment for the Dept of Public Welfares locations to install scanners as a statewide upgrade/installation.
- Deployment of 620 Server Racks, Servers and all POS terminals to PLCB Locations Statewide.
- Deployment /Upgrade of Printers to Pennsylvania Child Services Departments Statewide.
Title: Senior Server Engineer Active Directory
- Active Directory Design and 3rd Tier Server Engineer
- Quest Migration Manager QMM
- Implementation and integration expert for BMC Remedy
- Liaison to Site Engineers and Administrators throughout Active Directory Migration
- Implementation and integration expert for PTC Windchill
- Implementation and integration expert for Tivoli Asset Manager
- Implementation and integration expert for SCCM 2007
- Implementation and integration expert for MS Clustering
- Implementation and integration expert for Virtualization ie. ESX Server etc...
- Global project based out of Switzerland.
Title: FSR Field Service Representative
- Worked Bear Defense throughout Afghanistan.
- Areas worked: Bagram, Salerno, Sharana and Kandahar
- Primary Mission: Electronic Mod of the Robot Deployment System.
Title: IT Generalist Administrator 1
- Action Request System, Remedy 5.1 Client, Remedy 6.3 Client, Used to submit Remedy Trouble Tickets to appropriate agencies Wyse Device Manager 4.5.1 and the former Rapport Administrative Software v3.02 Multifunction Admin software, Remote Admin software, used to administer the Winterm devices at all 67 county locations as well as some courthouses, PSP and other locations. Upgraded from Rapport to Wyse Device Manager.
- Active Directory, Security, DNS, OU, Group Policy troubleshooting. Office 2000, 2003, 2007 SharePoint 2003, 2007 Firewall Troubleshooting WinTerms Windows Terminals Configure, Troubleshoot, Maintain, and Support GlobalScape Secure FTP Server, Cute FTP Pro Configure, Troubleshoot, Maintain, support and Migrate
- Citrix ICA Client 9.2 Configure, Troubleshoot, Maintain, support and Migrate Administered a 3rd Party administrative program called ESF Tools for the SURE Help Desk DoS Change Requests and helps BMIS Department as needed.
- Quest Foglight and QMM
- Request Firewall Rules as needed in different areas of the State Network, NOB, Foreign Business Partner and the MAN Performance Monitoring of the SURE applications and the Citrix Application Farm using Quest Foglight. Very similar to NetIQ 7 Monitoring software and NetIQ Software Suite 7 Request Routes as needed for traffic to be able to traverse the State Network Cisco Routers
- Maintain a DVD backup of the SURE Db 87G RAR'd down to between 7 and 8 Gig Burn Data CD's for County Customers needs Firewall and Router Troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office Products, Microsoft Operating Systems, other Microsoft products Schedule and Implement the Deployment of the SURE Portal application to all 67 PA Counties. In Progress Field the escalations from Accenture, now DTC and the SURE Help Desk The Jay Group , to resolve issue's that are not resolved at lower levels of support and Escalates to SURE developers if that is the case.
- Terminal Services Administration, Configure and Maintain Servers. Participate in Change Management Meetings, CCN Meetings, Initiate, schedule and head all other meetings related to Firewalls and Routers as they relate to the SURE environment. Initiate all Change Requests and Firewall Requests as it relates to the SURE environment.
- Act as Liaison between Unionized State workers, Management State workers, County workers and a large variety of 3rd party Vendors, Contractors and large Commercial Corporations including the Pennsylvania State Police, AOPC, Department of Revenue and Department of Transportation.
Title: Network and Intel System Architect/System Engineer/Project Manager-Technical
- Multiple Clients: Intel/Active Directory Server Engineer Sub Contractor, Tape Backup Administrator, Symantec Veritas NetBackup, Veritas Backup Exec, IBM Tivoli Storage Manager TSM , Data Recovery, Disaster Recovery.
- Responsible for the Assessment, Design and Implementation of NT and Windows 2000 and 2003 Server Installs, Configurations on a new network as well as associated NT Workstations, Windows 98 Desktops, Windows 2000 Pro Workstations. NT 4.0 Server to Windows 2000 Server conversions, Windows 2000 Server to Windows Server 2003 conversions as well as New Builds on both Windows 2003 Servers and Windows 2000 Pro and Home.
- Project Management responsibilities included everything from Straight Engineering assignments for actual IT departments usage to Application Development Systems Engineering solutions. Assigned from project inception to completion with continued post project support.
- Used communication skills as Liaison to Senior Systems IT Managers, Application Project Managers, Application Developers, Software Manufacturers, Hardware Manufacturers, and Vendors etc
- Installation, configuration of DNS servers in Active Directory environments and in the past on pre-Active Directory Microsoft Networks.
- All Intel based Microsoft Active Directory Environments use TCPIP as its protocol. New User, New Machine account administration in Active Directory. Administered Group Object Policy in Active Directory. Installed, configured, tested and administered Microsoft Sharepoint Portal Server.
- Java Scripting used in Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server. Active Directory Design and Architecture, Active Directory Administration, Active Directory Security. Microsoft Updates and Hot-fixes as well as all other system and application updates and hot-fixes.
- Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition. Microsoft Server 2003 MS Cluster Service, Multi-node Clusters, Microsoft Server 2000 Clustering, and other Software Clustering.
Title: Enterprise System Architect/Server Engineer
- In my time with Verizon we first had to identify how many servers we had. It was an unknown number. The whole time designing and implementing a twin Forest AD Structure for the new Intel Windows 2000 Active Directory Network. We then retired 2000 servers and produced 7000 new Server builds to include OS, Service Packs Hot fixes and Patches and Middleware to include SMS 2.0, Veritas NetBackup, Diskkeeper, BMC Patrol Active Directory Design and Architecture, Active Directory Administration, Active Directory Security. Microsoft Updates and Hotfixes as well as all other system and application updates and hotfixes.
- Responsible for Domain Reconsolidation Engineering of VADI Verizon Advanced Data Inc . Manage Projects as they were delegated from upper management using in house tools to track and provide reporting to the upper management. Design of the VADI infrastructure, to include Wins and DNS consolidation and DHCP in several NT domains.
- Helped design and deploy the Veritas Backup Exec 8.5 solution for VADI within Verizon. Assisted in implementing the Veritas NetBackup across the Intel Server Platform. 8000 Servers. Some of the other highlights of the project were NAV 7.5.X Norton Anti-Virus , Net IQ Monitoring using Operations Manager with the Dell AKM's, NetIQ AppManager, NetIQ Control Center, NetIQ Analysis Center, NetIQ Security Manager. We monitored applications for the Application Managers, We monitored Servers basic functions looking for any bottlenecks such as I/O, CPU Utilization, Ram Usage and configured any extra alerts that the Application Managers needed to have monitored. We managed Security events and logs etc Provided reports to upper and middle management.
- Since then Verizon has switched to BMC Patrol for monitoring software and Microsoft has purchased Net IQ. Implemented a Standard for their Server Rack configurations using Dell Server equipment.
- Server baseline imaging. Included OS and Middleware designated by the particular Application. Microsoft Clustering and other Software Clustering done separately from the Baseline build.
- Following Verizon Build Procedures for Master and using Ghost Imaging software. IIS was included in the Web Server Baseline Build Image for the servers being deployed to host web applications. We Installed, Configured and Supported IIS as well as Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server.
- Performed Security Audits to evaluate and correct NT/2000 security holes. Kane software's- Security Analyst 5.1 Involved with the IBM Netfinity and the IBM X Series Servers. Plus remote admin using ASMA and Netfinity Director.
- Involved with the HP/COMPAQ line of Servers, Racks, Software and Rib Boards for Remotely managing through a Hardware/Software method means. Other Software Remote methods include Terminal Services, Dameware, PcAnywhere 11.0 and Netmeeting. Involved with the testing and implementation of WQuinn Assoc. Inc.'s Storage Central Suite as a replacement for Quota Advisor as a stand alone product.
- Key member of the Verizon Enterprise Backup Team Came up with processes and procedures to work with other groups within Verizon to create a smoother transition of the Veritas NetBackup solution for Verizon clients across all regions which were previously working independent of each other. This was the NT Client GUI version 3.4.1GA.
- Project Manager for the Tivoli Storage Manager project that was to take into account the previous versions across the Enterprise and upgrade them all to the most current version of TSM 5.1.1. Prior versions included ADSM 3.1, ADSM 3.7, and TSM 4.12 etc
- Used Visio 2000 Enterprise Edition to create Network Drawings, System drawings, and various other drawings and proposals. Involved with the IT Asset Management Project implementation as Lead Server Engineer/Project Manager.