Summary of Qualifications
- Highly experienced graduate with a Bachelors of Computer Science w/Emphasis on Security. 18 years experience in a large global environment managing projects, planning and designing systems, providing end to end support, creating policies, analyzing and responding to security threats. Astute, enthusiastic, leader with the keen ability to identify and solve problems, use creative workarounds, systems knowledge, and process improvement skills.
- Demonstrate a proven background in network administration, IT security, project management, and server support globally. Consistently delivers exceptional results within established time and budget using keen abilities in strategic thinking, innovative problem solving, discipline, and flexibility.
- Microsoft Windows 2003/2008/2012 Server
- XenApp 5/Citrix
- VMWare 5
- SharePoint 2003/2007
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft SQL
- BlackBerry Enterprise Server
- Active Directory
- Privileged Identity Manager PIM
- DHCP, DNS, DFS, TCP/IP
- McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator
- BIG IP/F5
Sr. Systems Engineer
- Over 20 plus years of progressive computer/network operations experience in large global data centers with mixed computing environment including UNIX, Wintel, and interconnected mainframe.
- Provide L3 support in a large global environment for Windows 2003/2008/2012 servers, Active Directory, SQL, Exchange, VMWare, Citrix, IIS, SharePoint, and various third party applications.
- Administrator for Citrix/XenApp 4.0/5.0/5.5 environments across the organization.
- Administrator for VMWare 5.5 provisioning server and desktops and support.
- Administrator for all related domain policy implemented through GPO for servers, desktops/laptops, and security compliance.
- Design, configure, and deliver new servers and applications for back office applications within physical and virtual environments.
- Implement and architect server consolidation to virtual environments.
- Deliver on-site and remote network, hardware, software, and mobile-device support, offering network management, field services, and outstanding customer service.
- Enforce change control processes and procedures to minimize risk for production environments.
- Participate semi-annually in disaster recovery
- Ensure that the aspects of the architecture are driven by the business imperatives/client requirements of the organization and that the requirements driving the overall architecture are managed consistently and effectively.
- Expert in root cause analysis to identify reoccurring issues and resolve issues.
- Document and communicate to peers processes and procedures for products and systems.
- Continuously seeks innovative ways to improve operating efficiency, through the introduction of new technologies, systems, and methodologies.
- Provide 24-7 support in a large scale global environment.
- Responsible as a technical resource internal/global projects providing requirements and present System Engineering based recommendations that are in line with the strategic vision for the enterprise and wider best practice.
- Coordinate the activities of others internal staff, client staff, subcontractors, associates and staff from collaborating and/or competing suppliers and manage stakeholder expectations and requirements.
- Lead the acquisition project of a Seattle company by providing solutions to integrate into a remote site/main data center.
- Collaborate with development teams and technical team resources delivering results within budget and on time.
IT Security Duties Albany
- Maintained all systems and data security including compliance and reporting.
- Advise on and participate in the governance established to ensure that the enterprise architecture delivers the desired benefits the organization.
- Member of the Operational Security Committee to include company wide security patch assessments, security updates, software restrictions, risk management, and governance.
- Experience with security industry regulations/standards PCI, HIPAA, and SOX
- Managed McAfee ePolicy Orchestator updating servers and clients for virus protection upgrades updates, malware, and security policies.
- Implemented CIS-CAT server to gather and analyze security reports to identify system vulnerabilities.
- Utilized Tripwire to identify changes to critical systems to ensure they were in compliance with scheduled changes SOX and PCI compliance .
Helpdesk Team Lead/Assistant Manger
- Trained, coached, and mentored Service Desk Specialists Level 1/2 including career development.
- Ensured staff met and exceeded expectations in regards to performance, meeting defined metrics/benchmarks, and that standards and processes are followed to provide effective customer service.
- Provided data and reporting of KPI's and trends to IT department and others in ad-hoc, weekly, monthly and as needed.
- Developed and matured processes to ensure free flowing escalation and information within the organization making the Service Desk the single service delivery channel.
- Developed Service and Business Level Agreements to set expectations and measured performance.
- Managed process for communicating outage/emergency activities to the organization.