- Obtained a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering with great work experience, including: technical support, application support, great rapport with end users and in depth understanding of servers and networks.
- Over 15 years as an information technology professional with extensive experience in Intel administration, customer support, project management, data management migration, network management, IIS, Web services, SQL Server, ODBC, VMware, storage solutions, server and workstation builds, as well as patches and updates.
- Installed, configured and actively used multiple monitoring applications to proactively resolve issues.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills while being detail oriented along with strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, very competent to work independently and/or as part of a team.
Windows Server 2008, 2003/Win 2000/NT 4.0 system administration Win XP Pro/Win 2000/NT 4 workstations Microsoft Office Products, IIS 6.0, Microsoft Clustering, Microsoft SharePoint 2007 and 2010, Microsoft Exchange, SQL Server, Sword Fusion, IBM Filnet, Fusion P8, Ghost, RoboCopy, Beyond Compare, Bootmed, PICCT problem ticket resolution software, Bloomberg software, Change Management, EIS hosted VM's, MS Websphere, VMWare, SAP Introduction, Novell, Unix, Linux, Ubuntu 12.04, Dell Open Manage, ODBC, MSMQ, VERITAS Backup Exec, Trend Micro, TSM, EMC Powerpath, TeaLeaf, Introscope, XDash, BMC, Remedy, PICCASO, Cisco routers, HBAnyware, SDLC, MS Exchange, BizTalk, MS Server 2000, 2003, Microsoft Operations Manager, Microsoft Project Server, Microsoft Web Server, Financial Compliance and Ethics Training, Diversity Awareness, ITIL IT Service Management, Lenovo, Plantronics, UAD,UID,SIP,Exchange Server 2010, Wire Shark, Hyena, MS Office 2010, Windows 7, etc..
Systems Support Engineer
- Performed many Lenovo PC builds, configurations, system setups both software and hardware, wireless access.
- Determined and supported infrastructure network connectivity TCP/IP. SSH, FTP, SFTP , both software configurations as well as physical aspect of patching cables to patch panel and routers.
- Create AD users and accounts, OU's, distribution groups, memberships, file permissions,
- Resolved network issues and supported clients by providing various hardware and software solutions
- Managed users needing access to various Citrix farms as well as the applications in those environments.
- Created and closed BMC service tickets assisting in maintaining accountability for IT Service.
- Performed generator tests and monitoring in preparation for any disaster recovery needs.
- Used system tools such as Fiddler, Hyena, HP Insight Manager, and many more for investigating and resolving undocumented features .
- Remote access consisting of various methods RDP, VPN, VMWare, LogMeIn, Lync configured for clients as well as used for remote support.
Personal Technical Advisor
- Advised on tax reporting applications, reporting tools and inventory distribution as needed.
- Involved in web application support.
- Updated skills in PowerShell as well as Microsoft AD skills via courses.
- Performed recovery services.
- Created virtual systems and provided learning activities while promoting scripting.
- Further developed Linux skills to broaden my skill set.
- Working on application support when 'whitelisting using McAfee Solidcore to lock down servers.
- Involved in server migrations and application relocation in the VMWare environment, P2V and V2V.
- Reviewed Java applications for being FRI Fragile, Rigid or Immobile .
- Completing various decommissions for server retirement and consolidation efforts.
- Maintaining software updates and patches on servers worldwide.
- Working in BMC Remedy to update and create change management requirements.
- Worked in creating PowerShell scripts to collect SQL database information.
- Developed SharePoint sub site for Document Management Testing Center.
- Expanded knowledge base moving toward SharePoint 2010, farms, SQL improvements.
- Supported IBM FileNet application support and infrastructure, patching and upgrades to Fusion P8.
- Used SQL skills to gather and extract database information for various reports to direct managers.
- Interacted with team's implementers while supporting and solving their IT issues.
- BMC Remedy software administration and creating profiles.
- Calculated and maintained document storage for company including sensitive Legal, Nuclear and AutoCAD materials.
- Collaborated with Fusion and IBM Filenet/P8 consultants for a conversion project.
IT Consultant/Risk Analyst
- Engaged in project risk analysis providing data for leading edge resiliency, performance and capacity.
- Convinced business users and analysts with alternative solutions that are more robust and simpler to implement from technical perspective while satisfying the functional requirements from the business perspective.
- Built commitment from management to provide the necessary funding and support for application projects.
- Researched independently and ran test which validated success rates of projects changes.
- Displayed thorough understanding of IT support and best practices of ITIL for managing IT Service support.
- Consistently interacted with business associates, channeled creative solutions, and promoted obtainable goals.
- Supported eCommerce for the leading National on-line-banking website, web applications, monitoring, IIS service involvement, PKI management to maintain trustworthy networking environment.
- Actively used the DMAIC phases throughout projects ITIL best practices .
- Analyzed eCommerce data via CA Wiley Introscope, Analog, MOM, TeaLeaf, XDash, Data Warehouse The W reports.
- Discussed with business partners the IT architecture and the project's gains with the solutions performance and behavior under various stresses and loads, application compatibility, and impact to the customer's experience.
- Tuned SQL statements, and Websphere application server to improve performance, and consequently met the SLAs.
- Gathered business requirements and wrote functional specifications and detailed design documents.
- Supported Websphere, Oracle based document and financial lockbox application.
- Recommended and advised network upgrades, expansion and reconfiguration based on forecasted system demands. Maintaining Microsoft 'Intel' platform supporting all flavors of MS OS and Applications.
- Involved in first rollout of Microsoft Sharepoint to company and individual teams, involving instruction and documentation on implementation.
- Served as senior support for global financial institution corporate call center, providing solutions for hardware and software issues, partnering with Cisco, EMC, IBM, Microsoft and such to resolve issues.
- Troubleshot storage hardware such as Fibre Channel HBAs, blade server embedded Fibre Channel switches, Fibre Channel stackable switches, iSCSI HBAs and iSCSI routers. EMC Symmetrix SRDF,Clariion, Snapview, Connectrix Switches, Navisphere,Powerlink .
- Protected integrity and managed data as it grew exponentially while reducing storage footprint with data reduction solutions.
- Ensured servers and workstations met business application requirements prior to installations/software rollouts ODBC configurations, SQL configurations, secondary application version compatibility, IIS 6.0 structure, etc .
- Supported 24/7 National and Overseas service/help desk/NOC in the Command Center for Intel Microsoft based and Unix platforms.
- Executed vital software transactions for top executives, supported trade floor, resolved brokers pc issues.
- Incorporated complex testing troubleshooting and resolving server hardware and application problems.
- Established and maintained standards and created procedures documents. Ex: Using BMC Remedy.
- Provided strategic direction and information as a technical resource to IT staff, business units, vendors, and partners to progress to world class quality systems and unmatched customer service.
- Performed server administrative activities.
- Daily support for servers both hardware and software, local and remotely, strong application support.
- Supported DHCP, DNS, HTTP/S, HTML, POP, SMTP, LDAP, SNMP, TCP/IP protocols.
- Monthly patching, in addition critical and non-critical security enhancements.
- Support and implementation core Lockbox application/server migration efforts.
- Planned and distributed hardware BiOS, firmware and driver updates.
- SharePoint Administrator for Lockbox SA team.
- Backup and retrieval, good working relationship with Tivoli partners firmware and software upgrades, 100 compliant to DS Technical standards.
- Provided system operational support through administrative tools.
- HP Insight Manager, Dell Open Manage, Remote administration via RIBLO, ILO's or DRACs, SQL Server, BMC Remedy, Configuring TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, WINS, IIS , Resolved change management problem tickets PICCT tickets , Integrated new technology and business needs with our current resources.
- Monitored system performance and capacity, file permission comparisons.
- Successfully organized and moved company's servers and over 500 desktops and their network accounts to new facility.
- Provided desktop support for over 1200 employees, deployed software application pertaining to business units.
- Developed spreadsheets and reports for various tracking systems to record confidential Mortgage information.
- Ran, installed, and tested network cabling for server and desktops plus configured network communications.
- Education and Certifications
- Clemson University, Clemson, SC
- Bachelor of Science, Computer Engineering