To obtain a permanent position within an organization that will allow me to utilize my current training and experience and also allow me to broaden my knowlege base in the field of Network Engineering.
- Utilize remote monitoring tools to identify issues with customer equipment, and then work with technical support engineers to identify problems, investigate causes and recommend solutions to correct common failures.
- Receive and enter tickets into Siebel Ticketing System to be escalated to Tier 2/3 Level Engineers.
- Work with technical support engineers to diagnose network problems, follow procedures and processes to find solutions.
- Identify network/technical problems, document and escalate them.
- Work independently on the configuration, deployment, troubleshooting and maintenance of Cisco routers and switches in support of the United States Small Business Administrations LAN/WAN environment.
- Work closely with the other engineers on new installations capacity upgrades development of organizational standards and advanced troubleshooting.
- Install, configure, and maintain routers, switches and ups devices.
- Configure and monitor CA Spectrum and eHealth tools.
- Work closely with other Network Operations Center staff on trouble tickets utilizing the CA Spectrum ticketing system.Configure, patch and verify connectivity of user ports on all switches.
Sr. Computer Operator
- Monitor production applications, servers, and network using a combination of monitoring tools to ensure availability.
- Respond to automated alerts from monitoring tools according to standard operation procedures.
- Identify faults and conditions in a proactive manner. Diagnose cause where appropriate and resolve expeditiously
- Escalate issues and problems according to procedures and best judgment
- Make accurate entries in shift logs, and tickets of all events, issues, responses, and resolutions.
- Perform periodic health checks of systems and applications
- Write detailed, accurate log entries on production incidents and problems
- All tasks performed using...Network Node Manager, BMC Portal, Veritas, Remedy, Microsoft Access, Excel Outlook
- Support all networking components located at the USDA Office in Riverdale, MD., including troubleshooting and responding to customer's network connectivity issues.
- Responsible for the planning, implementation, and overseeing day-to-day operations of all WAN and LAN components that comprise USDA telecommunications infrastructure.
- Perform all configuration tasks for various network components Cisco 2600, and 2800 series routers, Cisco 2900, 3500, and 6500 series switches .
- Perform IOS upgrades for Cisco routers and switches when required.
- Assist IT Customer Service representatives with network troubleshooting and port activation for new or existing users when needed.
Network Operator/Jr. Network Engineer
- Responsible for proactively monitoring and first and second level support and troubleshooting of The National Aeronautics and Space Administration's NASA multiple Wide Area Networks.
- Utilize HP OpenView, email notification as well as router logs to isolate network anomalies.
- Work with NASA staff to troubleshoot routing issues. eigrp, bgp, ospf
- Identify, isolate, troubleshoot and/or escalate circuit outages and network anomalies in a timely fashion and through proper escalation.
- Track and provide detailed updates of outage status and enter this information into a REMEDY ticketing database.
- Work with Sr. Network Engineers on special projects and procedure documentation.