Senior Information Technology Professional Objective
I am looking to build a long-term career in Information Technology field with opportunities for career growth into management.
Quality Technology Services QTS Suwanee
- Perform installation, maintenance and support of system software, hardware and infrastructure and user support
- Perform configuration, debugging and support for multiple infrastructure platforms on moderately complex projects
- Senior Cloud Virtualization Engineer Contractor
- Configure, deploy and support client Windows and Linux infrastructures
- Configure, deploy and support VMware ESXi and vCloud infrastructures on Cisco UCS and similar hardware platforms
- Diagnose and trouble-shoot Windows, Linux and Unix infrastructures and related technologies
- Adhere to QTS Engineering and Architecture standards and participate in Customer Technical Review meetings as required
- Participate in the evaluation, deployment and management of new technologies in alignment with Engineering and Architecture team guidance.
- Engage with technical and non-technical QTS LOBs, QTS partners, vendors and clients
- Assist with Training of the Sales Engineering staff as required
- Incident support and participation in on-call rotation
- Create and maintain documentation: Logical/physical diagrams, run books, discovery documents, QA documents, status reports, after action reports
- Consistently demonstrate initiative and commitment to optimizing systems and processes
- Participate in FedRAMP compliance testing, collection and remediation as required
CDI Managed Services Alpharetta
- Professional Services Engineer
- Work extensively with project management to architect customer system requirements.
- Work mostly with the build out and designing of VMware environments
- Installation and configuration of Microsoft Server 2008 systems and troubleshooting
- Migration of customer environments from a physical infrastructure to virtual environments
- Turn-up of new customer sites and ensure quality of work after completion
- Installation and configuration of networking devices such as switches and firewalls.
- Document solution delivery and usage procedures.
- Provide first line support for all implementations conducted directly.
- Assist Level I/II technical support personnel during ticket escalation and solutions.
- Track the project and provide progress reports to management on a periodic basis.
- On-site management and hands-on installation, debug, and optimization.
- Documents the final solution using both written and graphical methods.
- Creates instruction manuals and procedures for the customer as required.
- Provide on-site and/or remote training when necessary.
- Key customer contact supporting business critical development environments for USA and India based resources
- Manage, configure and support HP CloudSystems Matrix supporting 400 HP blade servers in a converged network environment
- Monitor and Maintain 9,000 virtual machines in a HP blade infrastructure
- Setup and maintain VMware View and Virtual Cloud Director environments for internal/external users
- Key contributor in the install and upgrade of VMware vSphere ESXi 5.1 hosts for deployment into vCenter Environments
- Co-architect of our recent environments and virtual infrastructures upgrades
- Chaired design meetings with HP, VMware, Intel and other vendors to discuss future applications and software and how they should be develop for users in our datacenters
- Beta tested new applications and software from HP and VMware
- Create, support and manage VMware View 1,200 VDI instances and VMware Virtual Cloud Director vCD environments, train development business unit users
- Provided Systems Administration support for Windows 2008/2003 and Red Hat Linux 6/5 environments
- Provide on-call technical support in a 24/7 environment
- Manage resources within VMware vCenter 4.1/5.1, NetApp NFS and block storage
- Coordinate template transfers using VMware Cloud Connector, P2Vs, and V2Vs for McKesson Data Center Transformation team
- VMware Customer Council Member and VMware Business Critical Support contact for McKesson
- Plan and conduct technical tasks associated with implementation of physical and virtual VMware computer systems and active directory solution sets
- Mentor and provide support for internal resources and external clients for hosting implementations
- Provide support for issue resolution, assessment of system environment readiness, and installation
VMware/Linux Administrator Contractor
- Install standard HP and IBM server hardware and peripherals
- Provide backup support for monitoring and troubleshooting tools including NetIQ App Manager, HP Systems Insight Manager, IBM Director, Performance Monitor
- Windows based client/server technology subject matter expertise supporting application teams
- Ensure company standard client/server technologies are being followed by other Intel Server groups including application development teams
- Assist Intel Server groups in implementations that involve workgroup server related technologies
- Ensure servers meet proper capacity and performance levels
- Ensure service providers are meeting service level agreements
- Ensure server data backups are performed properly on a regular basis perform requested data restoration
- Participate in Intel Server Group, mentorship and large project group reviews
- Team lead on the Intel server platform. Responsible for upgrade of Server systems hardware, software and firmware. Also perform System Administrator task with Active Directory for Managed Service customers such as adding servers to domains, applying group polices to them and configuring host records. Intel server upgrades and troubleshooting in a Data center environment
- Server/PC setup, maintenance and troubleshooting in a hybrid data center. Load and deployed Operating Systems such as Windows 7 and XP, Windows Server 2008/2003, Exchange Server 2007/2003, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5, VMware vSphere 4 and resolved any hardware conflicts or device driver issues. Managed various Microsoft Windows Servers as needed for customers as agreed in SLA's.
- Load various Cisco IOS configurations for Cisco hardware such as 1800, 2600, 3600, 7200, 7500 series routers along with T1/DS3 circuit technology with some Frame-Relay experience. Worked also on 2960,3750, 4500 and 5500 series Catalyst switches using VLAN's and spanning-tree protocols. Worked also with PIX 501/515 and ASA5520 hardware for firewall security.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 system configuration and deployment along with some system administration.
- Wrote training documentation and led end-user training on server and workstation operations.
- Interacted with hardware and software vendors to assure timely resolution to any issues
- Participated in the designing and analyzing of customer server and network infrastructure
- Hardware: Cisco Catalyst series switches and routers, Cisco UCS blades, HP and Dell Intel servers, CAT 5e/6 Cables, HP Blade c7000 enclosure, HP Blades 460, 490 and Gen-8 models
- Networking: Cisco CLI/GUI configuration tools, DNS, Domain Controller, DHCP, TCP/IP, Cabling, PC configuration
- Operating Systems: VMware vSphere ESXi 5.5, 5.1, 5.0, 4.1 , VMware vCloud Director vCD 5.5, Microsoft Windows Server 2012/2008/2003, SQL Server 2008/2012 R2, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 5, Centos, Windows Client 7 and XP
- Software Applications: HP CloudSystems Matrix, HP Onboard Administrator, HP Systems Insight Manager, HyTrust, VMware vSphere Virtual Center vCenter , VMware View, VMware vShield Manager, vMotion, DRS, Cisco Routers/Switches configurations and implementation using CLI or CNA GUI, Microsoft Active Directory, Apache, Red Hat Linux web based administration tools, Remedy ticketing system, Service Now, Windows Command Line tools, Alert Logic IDS/WAF appliance
- VMware Certified Professional VCP 5.5, 5.0 and 4.1
- Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator RHCSA
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional Enterprise Administrator MCITP Microsoft Server 2008
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer MCSE 2003
- Cisco Certified Network Professional CCNP
Management and Leadership
- Competent Communicator Toastmasters International CC
- Competent Leadership Toastmasters International CL