I.T. System technician
Professional IT System Administrator who is qualified to manage and deliver effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software, services, and related infrastructure. A reliable team-player, who initiates research and recommend innovative solutions, which provide quality insurance that adhere to organizational values.
| || || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
Security Systems Administrator
- Design, implement and maintain complex systems security classes to manage granular access to systems resources including applications, services, servers, management tools, performance tools.
- Development skills including PowerShell, SQL programming, understanding of Web Services standards and VBScript. Knowledge of Java
- Work with peers and other senior level IT team members within the organization to develop solutions for complex technical problems business requirements.
- Partner with ITS Programmer responsible for applications and databases to develop security solutions tailored to specific business requirements.
- Perform regular security monitoring and audits to identify possible misuse or intrusion of systems.
- Handles escalations from Service Desk and PC maintenance personnel for technical restoration of user issues.
- Researches and resolves user issues through direct contact with customer by telephone and walk-in support.
- Provides reports for on-boarding off-boarding process and auditing purposes to meet customer and regulatory requirements. Support applications used to maintain end user security
- Performs system administration and functions as a subject matter expert, which include configuration changes, join and projection resolution, Employee Role Based Access creation, monitoring and performance tuning. Understand management processes and identify opportunities to automate additional functions.
- Applied knowledge of industry-standard best practices surrounding security, data protection, and system maintenance.
- Mount Washington College Manchester, NH contract 9/'13 1/'14
SQL Server Database Administrator
- Ensure SQL Server security with logins, roles, users and permissions
- Utilize SQL Developer Studio to write comprehensive reports, institutional data for NEASC and the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business procedures, technical procedures and government regulations to provide reliable reporting data.
- Design, develop and implement new methods and procedures of the technical solution by writing scripts using PowerShell, functions, triggers or other code to produce desired results.
- Resolve technical issues related to SQL server operations to include hardware and the network infrastructure
- Design, develop and implement new methods and procedures of the technical solution by writing scripts, functions, triggers or other code to produce desired results.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance on database servers. Diagnoses and proposes solutions to recurring server faults as needed.
- Plymouth State University Plymouth, NH 8/'12 9/'13
Information Technologist II
- Database Administration of Banner/Oracle including planning, analysis, coordination, support and maintenance of Internet Native Banner INB , Self-Serving Banner SSB or WebTaylor and Xtender.
- Administer CRM and LMS to combine learning theory, design practices, and technologies to assist in the creation of effective teaching and learning spaces, both physical and virtual, for the college.
- Analyze and revise existing system logic difficulties and documentation to enhance system efficiency.
- Installing and configuring Oracle Based technologies including Oracle Database and any required technologies.
- Supporting internal and external reporting needs of DOCS and several other departments serving as the campus expert in Banner student functionality in the areas of records, course history and admission.
- Maintaining the accuracy, integrity, privacy and security of academic records providing leadership for the optimal use of the university technology.
- Act as the departmental subject matter expert SME in the use of the University's content management systems.
- Create and modify scripts and programs using languages such as Python, PHP, HTML, CSS3 and JQuery.
- Boston Medical Center of BU Boston, MA contract 5/'11 5'/12
IT System Technician:
- Applied OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Recommended changes to improve/expand infrastructure, and determine hardware or software requirements.
- Ensured all corporate processes are adhered to ensuring changes to the enterprise service infrastructure are fully documented following the best practice.
- Served as a liaison and contact concerning the technical aspects of wireless modem connectivity by coordinating with vendors and external network managers.
- Developed and maintain installation and configuration procedures to manage PC setup and deployment for new patients or medical staff using standard hardware, images and software.
- Setup and resolved computer operations, common software problems and network connectivity problems.
- Troubleshoots hardware and software problems, takes appropriate corrective actions and/or interacts with IT staff or vendors in performing testing, support, and troubleshooting functions.
- Assists with training of associates by educating users on basic PC computing skills.
- New York Law School New York, NY 12/'07 9/'10
- Administer assigned technology-related projects: identifying flaws, writing potential solutions, and monitoring students' critics of the new vs. the old platform.
- Utilize Banner Student by Ellucian to manage recruiting/admissions, student academics, registration, grades
- Created video tutorials of department's databases to facilitate the transition for first year law students.
- Editing audio files of Professional Development Seminars to be podcasted on iTunes U.
- Performed diagnostics and troubleshooting of Simplicity Database issues, documented help desk tickets/resolutions, and maintained end-user accounts active and updated.
- Create and monitor students' and recommenders' account on the OSCAR Judicial Clerkship System uploading recommendations, and other credentials to student's application package.
- Collaborated with ARO team to develop content for new areas of the website.
- Experience working with web content management systems and metrics tools including Google Analytics proficiency with Adobe Photoshop and Dreamweaver.
- Monitor and audit entire site regularly to identify areas that are in most urgent need of updating and develop project plans to address those areas.
- Build out front-end interfaces using responsive design best practices, HTML, CSS3, and scripting languages.
- Proven ability to translate designs into HTML/CSS, taking into account cross-browser and cross-platform issues.
- NYC Commission on Human Rights New York, NY 6/'06 10/'07
Junior IT Administrator:
- Provide Laptop/Desktop support to employees for troubleshooting and fixing user issues.
- Maintained and periodically update the agency's website consistent with city regulations.
- Trained City Employees on various software: QuickBooks Pro, Excel, PowerPoint, Dreamweaver and others
- Build Servers and desktops including Windows XP, Vista, OSX, and Linux in physical and virtual VMware environments, and troubleshoot TCP/IP LAN technologies.
- Troubleshoot email issues running Exchange 20001-2003, backup software errors, Active Directory, Installed software releases and system upgrades. Evaluated and installed patches. Resolved software-related problems.
- Analyzed requirements, resolved problems, installed hardware and software solutions.
- Developed, implemented and maintained security standards, procedures, and devices to restrict user's access
- Manage PC setup and deployment for new employees using standard hardware, images and software
- Participates in site set-up, user training, hardware/software installation, maintenance and support, and documentation of hardware/software logs and operating procedures.