A highly experienced Technology Management Professional, skilled at tactical and strategic project planning and implementation. An innovative problem solver, with exceptional negotiation abilities. A good listener with excellent customer service and communication skills, demonstrated by successively more responsible positions in large Healthcare and Consumer Marketing organizations.
- Executive-Level Project and Program Manager with over twenty three years of experience in Database, Financial, and Network Systems
- Twenty years of Infrastructure Management experience with state of the art Highly Available HA electrical, network, and computer systems
- Twelve years of experience managing IT engineering and technical teams, infrastructure projects and programs
- Ten years of experience managing large Data Centers, DC Ops, facilities, vendors, and contracts
- Extensive business management and customer service experience with a record of successful support of large client services and file transfer systems and teams
- Budgeting and forecasting in a Global Organization with demonstrated effective cost control and savings.
System and Software Upgrades and Migrations:
- File Transfer System P2V conversion Technically challenging Solaris to Linux Cluster conversion
- Remedy to Service Now conversion including Change Control and CMDB implementation
- SQL Server P2V infrastructure upgrade Latest ESX Cluster design from HP
- Large iSeries Database Server migration from Franklin, TN to Trumbull, CT data center.
- Fiber Optic upgrade - Moving a large SAN fabric from Mesh to Core Edge Director Class topology. Vendor and product selection Ortronics
- Cisco Catalyst to Nexus 7000 series installation and network conversion
- UPS and CRAC expansion of the backup Data Center in Westerville, OH.
Data Center facilities and infrastructure
- Managed and maintained an annual 2.5 million infrastructure and project budget
- Managed 24 x 7 staff schedule, mentoring and training
- Administered and documented Change Control, Incident and Problem Management
- Compliance and Audit control owner ISO 27001, Sarbanes-Oxley, PCI
- Vendor management and contracts for systems, applications, and co-hosted solutions with Datapipe, and Terramark.
Confidential Technical Specialist
- Managed HP and IBM systems, engineering, 24 X 7 operations, upgrades and reliability
- Vendor services savings of over 250,000 in annual OPEX expense 17 annual budget savings through third party contract negotiations. Plus ongoing cost reductions through careful vendor contract management.
- Authored detailed technical process and procedure documents using SharePoint
- Maintained department SharePoint Portals, including display of critcal department metrics
- Wrote Executive Summaries, Project Proposals, and CAPEX approvals for multiple projects
- Maintained 100 compliance with all department PCI and SOX audit controls
- Resource Manager System engineers, administrators, and Lab System programmers
- Project Manager for all Data Center infrastructure installation and upgrades, network cabling, laboratory instrument interfaces and facilities electrical expansion
- Hands on AT T System 75 Administrator for installation, expansion, upgrades, and departmental adds, moves, changes
- Corporate liaison for on premises NYNEX Verizon Controled Environmental Vault installation project
- Saved 450,000 in contractor costs as an Assistant Project Manager for 15,000 sq ft facilities expansion