Unix-------->Sun Solaris v 9, 10,11, HP-UX v 10.2, 11.31, 11i v3, IBM AIX v 5.x, 6.x
Linux------->Redhat EL v 4.x, 5.x, 6 beta, SUSE v9, 10.0, 11.x, Ubuntu v 6.10, 9.10.
Windows-->Win NT/98/XP/Vista/7/Server 2003/2008/2012
VMware ESX 3.x/4.x/5.x
SUN Solstice Disk Admin Suites, VxVM, SMC, HP Open View, Network Node Manager, Compaq Insight Server Manager Intel LAN Desk Manager, Nagios, BMC Patrol and Predict, Amazon Cloud EC2 and S3, Icinga. vCloud.
C, C , XML, PHP, PL/SQL, Shell Scripting ksh, Bash and csh, Perl
Data Base Servers
Oracle 8i, 9.2.x on Solaris and Red Hat Linux and Win NT/2000, MySQL 7, 2000 on Win NT/2000.
SNMP, SMTP, TCP/IP, IPX/SPX, NetBEUI, OSPF, BGP, IGRP, EIGRP, PPP, SLIP, UUCP, X.25, LAN, WAN, PCNFS, ARP/RARP, FTP/TFTP, RIP, DHCP, DNS, NIS, NIS , Automounter.
Acrobat, Paint Shop Pro, MS Office, Novell Group Wise, Corel Perfect Office, MS Works, Open Office, Dreamweaver, FrontPage, and many others.
Apache Web Server 1.2, 1.3.x, 2.x on Windows, Linux and Solaris, IIS 4.0, 5.0, 6.0, iPlanet 6.x, WebLogic 6.x, 7.x, 8.x, 9, 10, JBoss 4.2.x, Sendmail, Postfix, Mozilla, Webmin
Checkpoint 2000 VPN-1/Firewall -1, Cisco PIX version 5.1, 6.2, iptables 4, iptables 6.
- Around 7 Years of Experience in UNIX/LINUX Systems and Network administration for VMware ESX 4.x/5.x, Sun Solaris 9, 10, Linux RedHat RHEL 4, 5, 6 , CentOS, SUSE, Debian, OEL HP-UX 10.x, 11.x.
- Involved in supporting ESX cluster environments managing 400 VM's running Linux and Windows environments.
- Experience in supporting Public and Private Cloud environments using Amazon Cloud AWS and VMWare vCloud build using ESX 5.X.
- Involved in upgrading VMware ESX servers and managed VM's and performed VMotion activities.
- Experience in managing virtualization on Solaris with Zones/Containers and LDoM's on T and M series HW.
- Installed, configured and maintained UNIX/LINUX servers in an enterprise environment Linux, Solaris, HP-UX with SAN/NAS infrastructure across multiple sites for business critical applications.
- Experience in supporting Java based applications like JBoss, Weblogic Wesphere and involved in J2EEapplication deployment activities.
- Configuring and maintaining virtual server environment using VMWARE ESX/GSX, VSphere, VCenter.
- Volume and Filesystem management using Veritas Volume Manager VxVM and Veritas Filesystem Veritas Storage Foundation .
- Clustering solutions for High Availability using tools such as Veritas Cluster Server VCS , RedHat HA RHCS , and MSCS.
- Good knowledge of RAID groups and setting up NFS, CIFS and iSCSI protocols in SAN/NAS environment on HPUX 11.23/11.31 and Redhat LINUX.
- Performed patching of Linux, Solaris, and HPUX servers on regular schedule. Involved in up Network/SAN based ignite images for HPUX PA RISC and integrity servers.
- Involved in migration set up for UNIX/Linux server and SAN storage between data centers and also application migration and testing. This included SAN/Application migration and testing various functionalities of key applications.
- Experience in Server Configuration and Implementation using SAN Storage such as IBM DS8000/4000, IBM ESS Shark, EMC Clariion,VNX, VMAX, HP EVA NAS like NetApp and EMC.
- Setting up NIS/NFS on RedHat servers, setting up JBOSS cluster and oracle 10g cluster, configuring load-balancing on apache, Redhat Linux 4.x/5.x/6.x.
- Installation/configuration for Oracle, Sybase, SQL Server, Informix Databases.
- Setup, Implementation, Configuration of Backup/Restore solutions for Disaster/Business Recovery of clients using OMNIBACK on UNIX and LINUX platform.
- Involved in UNIX/LINUX System and Network administration in VMware ESX 4.1 5.1, Sun Solaris 9/10/11 , Linux RedHat 5/6 servers running different Database and Middleware Applications.
- Involved in building vCenter on Windows environment and managed vSphere clients and performed administration using vCenter Power CLI.
- Supporting AWS Cloud Instances and VMWare vCloud with multiple Linux and Windows VM's.
- Involved in creating Redhat and SUSE VM Templates and performed VM cloning activities on ESX Clusters.
- Storage Provisioning, Volume and Filesystem Management using LVM, Veritas Volume Manager and Veritas Filesystem Veritas Storage Foundation , Configuring ZFS filesystems.
- Experience working on SUN SPARC T4 T5 Servers and build LDoM's on T series servers.
- Build new VMware ESX Server 4.x/5.x on HP HW running Red Hat Enterprise Linux Created different virtual machine like Debian, windows 2003 2008 server, SuSE enterprise Linux using VMware Virtual Infrastructure Client tool and configured with EMC storage box.
- Supported around 200 Linux and Windows VM's running on ESX Cluster environment and performed vMotion activities for load balancing of resources.
- Maintained 15 VMware ESX server connected with two EMC VNX SAN box and managed of two Cisco MDS switch using Fabric Device management tool and managed Datastores and peformed Storage vMotion.
- Involved in supporting Development environment with heavy Java base and SAP environemnts with Oracle/DB2 backend.
- Clustering solutions for High Availability using tools such as Veritas Cluster Server VCS , MSCS, RHCS
- Configuring and maintaining virtual server environment using VMWARE ESX, VCenter VSphere, and Solaris 10 Zones.
- Installation and Configuration of Sun Enterprise Servers, HP and IBM Blade Servers C6000 C7000 , HP Itanium, Configured Enterprise UNIX/LINUX systems in heterogenous environment Linux, Solaris, HP-UX with SAN/NAS infrastructure across multiple sites on mission business critical systems
- Setup, Implementation, Configuration, documentation of Backup/Restore solutions for Disaster/Business Recovery of clients using OMNIBACK on UNIX and LINUX platform
- Performed quarterly patching of Linux, Solaris and HPUX servers on regular schedule. Involved in up Network/SAN based migration activities.
- Good knowledge of RAID groups and setting up NFS,CIFS and iSCSI protocols in SAN/NAS environment on HPUX 11.31 and Redhat LINUX
- Implementation of oracle RAC 10g on HPUX blades and Itanium servers with Redhat linux RHEL 5.x/6.x along with SAN storage on EVAs. Also implemented and support HPUX Service guard on Linux servers
- Involved and set up migration for UNIX/Linux server and SAN storage between data centers and also application migration and testing. This included SAN/Application migration and testing various functionalities of key applications
- Installing, setup of proliant blade BL,DL series with fiber channel connectivity, Cisco GESM interconnect switch, configuring the connectivity, setting up JBOSS cluster, setting up oracle RAC cluster, configuring load-balancing on apache, on Redhat Linux 5.x Setting up NIS/NFS on RedHat servers.
- Setting up JBoss cluster and configuring apache with JBoss on RetHat Linux. Proxy serving with Apache. Troubleshooting Apache with JBoss and Mod jk troubleshooting for the clients.
- Setting up the lab environment with Tomcat/Apache, configuring the setup with F5 virtual load balancer for customer application
Linux/Solaris system administrator
- Set up and configuring of Linux red hat SUSE and Solaris servers/workstations for clients
- Configuring the NFS servers, setting up servers in network environment and configuring FTP/NTP/NIS servers, clients for various departments and clients.
- Involved in configuring and Installing several Solaris whole root and Sparse root zones on Sun HW running Solaris 10 and also configured high availability of Zones using VERITAS Clustering.
- Involved in maintenance of systems including patching, setting up Print servers, Configuring File systems, using LVM/Veritas on HPUX/Linux/Sun Solaris OS, involving SAN environment
- Setting and maintaining SPARC/Redhat Linux series and T Series SPARC and HP x 86 Servers and also supported LDoM's on T5200 and T4 Servers.
- Installed, configured, and did maintaining services such as Apache and Exim for clients for more than 250 servers on Solaris10 Redhat Linux.
- Setting up the Backup solution using native Unix/Linux tools and also worked with Omni back/Data protector solutions.
- Support of Applications running on Linux machines for multiple clients
- Installation, configuration and administration of Linux Red Hat, Centos , Sun Solaris and HP-UX Servers.
- Storage Provisioning, Volume and File system Management using LVM/Veritas on HPUX/Linux/Sun Solaris OS in a SAN environment
- Configuring network services such as DNS/NFS/NIS/NTP for UNIX/Linux Servers
- Setting up UNIX/Linux environments for various applications
- Project Management for various UNIX/Linux/Windows system integration projects
- Troubleshooting system and user issues, providing friendly and timely UNIX customer support
- Developed and conducted complete hands-on UNIX training courses for basic UNIX, Advanced UNIX, UNIX System administration, UNIX Network Administration, UNIX SHELL scripting depending on the requirement.
- Provided training in the following UNIX flavors HP-UX, Sun Solaris Linux.
- Developed manuals, exercises and powerpoint presentations for the courses
Sr Solaris/Linux Administrator
- Installed, upgraded, Mirrored and configured RHEL 4.x and Sun Solaris 10/9.0/8.0 using Kickstart, Jumpstart Installation respectively.
- Upgraded Solaris 8 to 9 and 9 to 10 on Sun servers and workstations. Added necessary patches using patchadd utility and scripts.
- Controlled disk operations, disk group operations, volume operations and volume configurations using vxdisk, vxdg, vxassist, vxmake and vxvol in Veritas Volume Manager.
- Configured Printers, Print Server and Print Clients using commands like lp, lpstat, lpadmin, lpfilter GUI.
- Configured and administered Samba to provide file services, resolved various inter-operability issues between Windows NT Solaris platforms
- Installation, Setup and Configuration of WebLogic 9.0/8.1 application server.
- Deployed Portlets manually using Admin Console.
- Disk Management using different RIAD technologies in Solaris and Linux using Veritas Volume Manager and LVM.
- Veritas Cluster Installation and Configuration along with Resources and Service Groups Configuration in VCS.
- Configuration and administration of DNS, LDAP, NFS, NIS and Samba in RedHat Linux, and Sun Solaris.
- Network trouble shooting using ndd, traceroute, netstat, ifconfig and snoop.
- Administered and Managed Network Applications and Services like NFS with Hummingbird connectivity V7.1.
- Involved in Configuring DHCP server and giving IP addressing dynamically.
- FTP Server configuration in Linux and done kernel tuning on Linux for play out software.
- Involved in creating new users, groups and setup their home directories and appropriate access restrictions to software and directories files using access modes.
- Written Shell scripts to run Batch Jobs on Sun Solaris and RedHat Linux servers.
- Provided system performance reporting on a regular basis along with keeping all software at current version levels, and maintaining a log of changes for tracking.
- Worked in Datacenter Lab1 managed 200 servers running Solaris and Linux.
- Configured Virtual disk RAID 0, and RAID 1 in Supermicro server 8045C-3R
- SAS controller firmware and new BIOS updated in Supermicro server for VMware ESX server installation
- Maintained DNS NTP, MySQL database servers
- Installed and Configured system network monitoring tool used Nagios and troubleshooted virtual machine issues
- Compiled, Build Installed PostgreSQL database 8.3.1 and written shell script for startup in SuSE Enterprise Linux 10sp1 Supermicro dedicated server 6015B-3R for Fortress platform development Lab, app and QA team
- Applying new patches and packages on Linux
- Used IPMI Intelligent Platform Management Interface tool for accessing Supermicro server and managed F5 system
- Configured and deployed JBoss application server.
- Supported Bugzilla, Media Wiki, SVN running in Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Documented all server list, installation, configuration steps
- Solved installation errors for Debian 3.1 Sarge version kernel 2.6.22 in Supermicro servers for Apache2 web server/ruby/python
- Implemented PXE boot server for network boot loader in SuSE and Red Hat Linux
Jr Systems Administrator
- Installation and configuration of RedHat Linux and Windows NT servers.
- Involved in user account Administration.
- Installed and configured Patches and Packages.
- User account management and support.
- Performance Monitoring System tuning.
- Involved in managing local disk devices.
- Responsible for configuring real time backup of web servers.
- Log file was managed for troubleshooting and resolving errors.
- Responsible for reviewing all open tickets, resolve and close any existing tickets.
- Documented solutions for any issues that have not been discovered previously
- Trouble shooting the system and end user issues.
- Involved in documenting of Linux and Windows environment and configuration details.