Dedicated technical professional with senior level networking ability to support a medium to large environment. Possess hands-on experience with networks, data centers and client servers. Strong internetworking and infrastructure background with excellent customer service skills.
- Manage firewall rule set updates: provide timely/accurate firewall rule set updates as requested by customers. Ensure rule sets adhere to NASA/EOS/Netops policies and procedures. Update appropriate documentation.
- Manage network switch port and VLAN: audit/perform network port and VLAN decommissions quarterly. Communicate updates with the appropriate system owners to ensure not impact to customers.
- Eliminate intra-network NAT: Identify and coordinate with the system owners to eliminate internal flows that unnecessarily utilize public addresses. Configure firewalls to support both flows, and decomm old rules once application updates are performed/verified.
- IT security to scan PC and MAC systems using Foundstone. Creating security documentation, creating bundles. Applying appropriate patches and making systems up-to-date required by the agency. Worked on Juniper firewalls, creating firewall rules using command line, Juniper NSM and Space. Worked on firewall rule and swith port audit.
- Setting up, configuring, creating and managing Juniper firewall rules.
- Install, configure, and support an organization's local area network LAN , wide area network WAN , and Internet system or a segment of a network system. Maintain network hardware and software. Monitor network to ensure network availability to all system users and perform necessary maintenance to support network availability. Supervise other network support and client server specialists and plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures.
- Team lead on VMWARE products to virtualize space mission research labs. Supporting Windows Servers and Unix servers environment into ESXI 5.0/4.1 with vCcenter Server, vMotion, and Cluster for the high availability. Install, build, manage and support high availability for vmware environment with Fiber Channel SAN storage. Good understanding and implementation of VMPLAYER, VMWARE Workstation, VSpare Client, VCenter Server and ESXI 4.1 / 5.0, and SAN. Support, configure, and manage Checkpoint Firewall and Juniper Firewall for the research and development labs. Monitoring security and login logs, scanning systems, follow up security procedure of Kace and Foundstone and apply them appropriately in timely manner. Setting up contingency procedure for virtualization environment in the labs. Applying security patches regularly on Windows and vmware systems.
- Day-to-day Windows server administration Windows 2003, Windows 2000, Unix, Microsoft Office 2003/2007, various other applications, and 2008 and maintenance, including patching, hardware break-fix, troubleshooting, and upgrades. Good knowledge of working on Dell, HP, IBM servers. Creating user accounts on Active Directory, groups, and distribution lists. Setting up and creating group policies, local security policy and GPO to computers and users. Monitoring NetIQ tools, Daily operation and support on NetBackup 6.5 and Veritas Backup Exec 12.5. Installation and migration with Windows 2003, 2008 32 bit, 64 bit, and R2 servers with RAID 5 configuration and VMware 2003, 2008 Servers and Windows XP, Windows 2007 support, installation and configuration .
- Supporting Account admin and Help Desk of NASA to trouble shoot with major and critical technical issue.
- Responsible for new Windows server build mostly on Dell 2950 and R710, patched, various application install, and deploy servers in the production environment. Create and apply SSL Certificates on Servers.
- Supporting Symantec Antivirus server and client administration. Setting up Windows 2003/2008 Cluster, NAS and SAN solution. Supporting data recovery solution by using snap shoot, Netbackup, and Ghost product. Used Altiris Server to deploy application packages on host computers and gathering reports.
- Installation, Configuration, troubleshoot and Support CISCO ASA Security, VPN Concentrator, Checkpoint Firewall. CISCO routers and Switch.
- Responsible for all aspects of systems administration on a large and complex government software system running on Virtual Machines VMs . Coordinates and supports testing and installation of complex applications in a team environment. Responsible for day to day support of Windows and Linux Systems and storage administration including: automation, deployment, administration, monitoring and management. Troubleshoots user accounts, platform configuration changes, software version changes and other system performance and resolves problems with skill and professionalism. Plans and coordinates software and system changes with team members. Ensures all actions meet system security requirements.
Network Engineer Sub Contractor
- Day-to-day Windows server administration Windows 2003, NT 4.0, Windows 2000 and maintenance, including patching, hardware break-fix, troubleshooting, and upgrades, good knowledge of working on Dell, HP, IBM servers. Creating user accounts on Active Directory, setting up group policies, creating email accounts on Exchange 2003 Server, setting up distribution lists, maintaining daily Exchange Server information store and mail boxes backup, creating and managing technical documents, setting and supporting Windows office 2003, Visio, Symantic Antivirus Servers 10.0 and clients, as well as other desktop applications. Full responsible for Backup Exec 10.0 for setting up backup jobs, sending backup tapes off site and maintaining weekly backup procedures. Implemented volume shadow copy for Windows file server 2003 for quick restore.
- Configuring Cisco Routers 1700 to 7600 series, Cisco Switches. Setting up, configuring Voice Over IP Includes Call Manager 3.1 . Responsible for entire network operation of Department of Rehabilitative Services which includes 45 sites. Manage / Maintain / configure PIX firewall 515. Setting up object groups, opening up necessary firewall ports, monitoring logs / traffic. NAT translation, static route.
Government Contractor/Network Engineer
- Responsible for day-to-day network operation of US EPA Headquarter. Creating/managing User Accounts for US EPA employees in Windows Server 2003/2000 Active Directory environment. Managing different group policy for different organizational unit within the Active Directory for 1000 users. Installed SQL 2000 / 2005, IIS and Share Point.
- Installed, managed, and setting up print queues, moving print queues to the right Organizational Unit within Active Directory. Currently I managed 200 Network Printers/Scanners Dell, HP, XEROX in Windows 2003 Print Server.
- Fully responsible for Veritas NetBackup 5.1 Master Server/Clients in Windows 2003 and using Dell Powervault 4 tape libraries, Holds 50 SDLT Tapes . Responsible for incremental/differential/full backup in daily basis for 30 servers as well as backing up couple of Terabytes of data includes SQL database, Flat file, System State. Responsible for setting up, maintaining Volume Shadow Copy in File Print server 2003 for emergency user data restore.
- Responsible for Live State Recovery using Symantec Enterprise Solution to create an image files for all servers to the external storage device for an emergency Disaster Recovery propose. Manage Live State Recovery by baking up images in daily basis. Responsible for SAV/NAV Server 10.0 for Spyware solutions.
Lead Network Engineer
- Installed and support an Enterprise Checkpoint Firewall to securely connected 11 offices. Planned and installed PIX515E, LinkSys firewall, Access Point, VPN, DMZ for remote offices.
- Planned and managed the migration of NT 4.0 network to Windows Server 2003 and Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. Installed Active Directory, Terminal Servers, Domain Controller 2003 on Virtual Server 2005 environment. Experienced with Windows 2003 Standard and Enterprise Edition.
- I have been working on the computer Networking from Gateway servers, Dell Servers, HP Servers, Compaq servers, configuring OS NT, 2000 and 2003 Servers workstation NT workstation, Windows 2000 professional, Windows XP Professional .
- Coordinated and managed several major office moves, which included all workstations, printers, Scanners, phone systems and the entire network infrastructure. Wireless Networking.
- Planned and managed the installation of several Enterprise network server solutions for Blackberry devices, working on end user support as a Help Desk such as Spam Mail and Web filtering, Antivirus, Symantec Antivirus Enterprise Server, Desktop scanning/faxing /printing/phone system and a CRM database Sales Logix .
- Responsible for overall network expansion, technical engineering, and day-to-day operations of network providing broadband connectivity to regional segments and point of presence POP sites.
- Ensured a high rate of reliability to customer connections by providing all technical support for entire WAN through DS-1 and channelized DS-3 links utilizing OSPF, Point-to-Point WAN Protocols and Frame Relay.
- Utilizing, configuring and troubleshooting Cisco 1700, 2500, 2600 and 7600 series, DSL routers.
- Configuring Network Routing, DHCP, DNS, WINS, Checkpoint VPN Firewall, Supporting NT/Windows2000, Windows 98, NT Workstation. Exchange Server 5.5 for corporate use.