Seasoned Network / Systems Administrator with experience maintaining operating systems, managing IT projects, and providing technical support. Proven team leader combine technical expertise in systems integration with strong qualifications in network engineering, configuration, and maintenance. Proficient at troubleshooting and diagnosing network, hardware/software, and configuration issues. Articulate communicator interact effectively with key users, technical staff members, and customers. Strong technical capacities, administrative skills, and prioritization talents within fast-paced, demanding environments.
Areas of Expertise:
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
Sr, Infrastructure Engineer
- Hold full accountability for implementing and maintaining virtualization infrastructure for VMWare and Citrix technologies, as well as Stryker X86 infrastructure. Analyze existing system, investigate new technologies in virtualization and cloud computing spaces, and propose innovative solutions to improve infrastructure. Collaborate with various remote IT sites to assist with system and infrastructure upgrades plan and coordinate IT resources throughout the US and Canada as well as facilities globally. Cultivate relationships with vendors to facilitate setup of POCs for new technologies and training sessions for team members. Author technical documentation for all system upgrades and administration policies. Key Achievements:
- Championed numerous projects that enabled sales force to quickly access information remotely.
- Played key role in increasing system and infrastructure stability by implementing upgrades and monitoring solutions.
- Integral in planning and setting up several company acquisitions, thereby facilitating smooth transition while bringing them online into existing network.
- Participated in development of new processes for BYOD project that involved both mobile devices and traditional PCs configured VDI pilot for several business units to acquire feedback on BYOD project.
- Implemented new global hardware standard for server infrastructure purchases.
- Commended by senior leadership for outstanding performance recipient of IT Employee of the Year award '12 .
- Stryker Orthopedics, Mahwah, New Jersey 11/2004 1/2010
- Provided technical support for LAN/WAN and server infrastructure, ensuring minimal disruption to daily operations. Interacted with customer to maintain optimal network functionality. Drove continuous improvements related to system infrastructure identified and resolved technical issues and offered technical expertise to boost system performance. Planned and coordinated projects conducted functional testing and tracked ongoing issues. Established and maintained collaborative relationships with third-party vendors. Conducted annual audits adhered to established policies and standards. Compiled tracking system for end-user requests, allowing additional mailbox and network storage space. Monitored connectivity and performance installed upgrades, configured servers, and maintained network file/print server supporting 3,000 users. Key Achievements:
- Spearheaded numerous key network infrastructure projects efforts enabled in sales force to effectively access critical data nationwide remotely.
- Streamlined network administration operations and performance by instituting several key improvements, including implementation of data center resource management process, new standard for server infrastructure, and development of server build checklist.
- Orchestrated installations and configurations, including VMWare ESX 3.5 server environment, BlueCoat proxy infrastructure, and SharePoint 2007 environment efforts facilitated growth and stability.
- Instrumental in setup of new offices proactive in coordination, installation, and configuration of network equipment and back-end infrastructure for each location.
- Drove implementation of innovative technologies developed network infrastructure and instituted security initiatives, which optimized performance.
Help Desk Team Lead
- Provided guidance and mentored technical colleagues regarding help desk operations and customer support. Interacted extensively with diverse populations identified performance issues, resolved technical problems, and facilitated optimal functionality. Led testing of pilot VPN software configured technologies to aid in managing Windows/mainframe accounts. Produced reports detailing help desk metrics and efficiencies offered solutions for improvements. Planned and coordinated training sessions on new technologies. Key Achievements:
- Substantially enhanced departmental operations and improved productivity developed and implemented step-by-step instructional tips and documentation for new technicians.
- Actively participated in setup of new VPN software that enabled field personnel to connect remotely.
- Built a highly effective technical team efforts resulted in increased call management per technician, with less dropped calls each month.
- Recommended integration of self-service website that provided tips and downloads for using software.
- Recognized for technical skill set and knowledge consistently delivered quality services and quickly resolved technical issues, thereby ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Education and Training
- Bachelor of Arts in Information Technology Kaplan University, Online 2010
- Associates of Arts in Computer Science Rockland Community College, Suffern, NY 2003
| || |
| || |