- Experienced Senior Software Application Developer, Analyst, and Integrator. Delivers effective solutions t high profile clients:
- Bristol Myers-Squibb, Pfizer, Bear Sterns, State of CT Workmans Comp, Louis Dreyfus, Sony, The CIT Group, Chase, JPMC, Citi Smith Barney, Morrow, and ESI Medco
- Hands-on experience with software coding, business data modeling, life cycle methods, documentation, training, support and migration of legacy systems across the following business domains:
- CRM, investment bank deal pipelines, securities trading, government administration, proxy services, insurance, wholesale order processing, logistics of commodities shipping lab automation and tests management in pharmaceutical industry in support of preclinical, clinical, and post market studies LIMS systems for chemical, petrochemical, environmental testing, waste treatment, food, and consumer products industries
- Hands-on programming experience with Oracle, MSSQL, Sybase, and other SQL databases for projects using the following application environments:
- Client Server: Powerbuilder twice certified CPD . most recent ESI, Morrow, Citi, JPMC, Pfizer, more Web JEE: JEE Architecture, custom and open source MVC and ORM frameworks see Technical Skills ,
- Collaborative skills and recent formal teaching experience complement Stephen's ability t communicate and facilitate effective working relationships and information transfer with business technology client users and providers.
- Oracle, Sybase, MS SQL Server, DB2, MySQL
- Development Environments, IDEs, and Languages
- JEE: Java, JSP, Servlets, JDBC, MVC Frameworks/ORM custom or open source e.g. Spring,
- PL/SQL Oracle , T SQL Sybase and MSSQL , SSRS/ SSIS/ ETL MSSQL , BusinessObjects, Powerbuilder CPD certifications Honored for original PFC Extension code t version 6 please see Publications
DB admin, modeling, project life cycle / version control major vendors
- Win32/64/ Windows7, DOS, UNIX
- Hardware and Electronic Engineering
- Lab Instrument controls and signal acquisition and processing
- Software Engineer Long Term Rebates Processing Collaborate with local and offshore teams in lifecycle context t restructure accounting relationship among patients, prescribers, insurers, and suppliers t comply with procedures mandatad by Obamacare.
- Technologies: Powerbuilder, IBM Informix, Teradata, UNIX, Java, JEE
- MORROW AND COMPANY LLC Pareles Assoc C2C, W2 6/2008 - 7/2013
- Lead Developer Analyst - Proxy Financial Services Code and support web and client server applications t manage methods of collecting proxy votes of shares, support tw centers, unique and changing rules and formats for information transfer among corporate clients, shareholders, and beneficial owners. Provided rich user interfaces and backend business rules processing for about 30 applications in MS environment. Published online content for IPO's managed by Morrow for its clients
- Technologies: Java, JEE, JSP, Powerbuilder 12.5, .NET, EAS Server Sybase . MS SQL, SSIS, SSRS, ETL, ECLIPSE
- CITI / SMITH BARNEY TECHNOLOGY Satyam W2 6/2007- 3/2008 Senior Software Consultant
- Developer Analyst for Global Wealth Management, Compensation Systems Coded / pushed out improvements t apps for FC/FA end users t track their compensation
- Applied analytical and technical expertise in web Java/JEE/DB2 and client server Powerbuilder/DB2/Sybase technologies and security practices
- PARELES ASSOC, INC Direct Contract Clients 2003-2007
- Technology Consultant and Instructor completed 21 MST credits at Fordham GSE Law Offices of Susan Freedman as needed
- IT Consultant on Call Supports LAN, website, legal document apps, and security
- Creative Tutoring, Inc 11/03 09/06
- Instructor - Homebound / institutionalized / special high school students in sciences, math, and technology for Westchester and Putnam public school districts.
- Adjunct Instructor - Science and Technical Literacy - Lecture and Laboratory
- PARELES ASSOC, INC C2C Clients 1996-2003 JPMorganChase Global Investment Bank Technology Developer Analyst / Project Leader 1/2000 - 8/2003
- Promoted t web projects responsibility on completion of semester grad course in
- O design, Java, and Servlets Polytechnic Y2K , in-depth familiarity with Sun's JEE Petstore Reference Implementation, and prior experience with good practices
- for relational database models in client server contexts
- Developed, maintained, and operated robust JEE web applications for global tracking of pipeline deals and fees: FSG Financial Sponsors Group and Acquisition Finance and TMT Telecom, Media, and Transportation . Applied life cycle process t effectively respond t ever changing software requirements.
- Enterprise wide Disaster Recovery plan - Responsibility for moving and restarting programs t which I had contributed code
- MYSQL, in-house evolved and perfected MVC frameworks foreshadowing Spring,
- JPA and others , Business Objects, IBM Websphere, WSAD, Symantec Visual Caf , Apache Tomcat, IIS
- Developer Analyst 1/2000 - 8/2003
- Wrote Java JDBC database replication utility running on UNIX Responsible for CRM application CONTACT deployed on 300 desktops t manage and report on business partners, client execs, events/attendees
- Designed standard security service for this and other similarly constructed client server applications e.g. Booking Fees
- Responsible for project life cycle tasks: requirements gathering with individuals and groups, analysis, design, coding, testing, deployment repeating steps as
- needed for enhancements and production support
- Routine contact with sponsors, users, and technical coworkers. Y2K testing
- Technologies: Java on UNIX, Visual Caf , Powerbuilder/PFC 7, Oracle, MS SQL Server
- The CIT Group 08/97-12/97
- Developed data consolidation and reporting system for syndicated loans. Published
- PFC related paper listed in Publications
- Technologies: Powerbuilder 5, PFC, MS SQL Server 6.0
- Sony Electronics 05/97-08/97 Team Leader
- Developer for Total Order Processing System, a client/server upgrade for a legacy wholesale ordering system t make this task more efficient and reliable. Technologies: Powerbuilder 5, PFC, Oracle 7
- Developer Upgraded Commodities Trading application which managed logistics. Linked import/export contract items, inventory, container units, vessels, ports, and transportation schedules Technologies: Powerbuilder 4/5, Oracle 7.1 Tree Structures, OO, SQL Studio
- Integrator Developer Analyst Integrated several legacy backend trading systems for convertible bonds under a consistent GUI t provide end user consistency, speed, and reliability.
- Produced checklist of issues regarding integrity of data-model, stored procedures, and triggers t assure seamless migration from Sybase System 4 t 11
- Technologies: Powerbuilder 4/5, Sybase System 4.x/11, Sybase SQL Anywhere 5, T SQL,
- DBArtisan for Sybase, 3rd party O Framework for Powerbuilder
- TRECOM 1992-1996
- Developer Participated in redesign of EXPRES, an application enabling employees t submit expense reports that included reconciliation of their credit card transactions. Technologies: Powerbuilder 4/5, Access engine, Lotus Notes VIM functions
- State of Connecticut 09/95-03/96 Workers' Compensation Administration
- Lead Developer Developed and led development of 1 Rehabilitation Cost - used t manage scheduling and payment of invoices and vouchers for Client Rehabilitation Services and 2 Rehabilitation Online Reports.
- Managed development team enforced front and back end coding standards. Implemented and supervised database queries / reports / data transactions Performed and supervised life cycle tasks.
- Technologies: Powerbuilder 4, Sybase System 10, TSQL, SQL Programmer, Defect Tracking Software, O Framework
Software Developer / Analyst
- Developer Developed Clinical Contact Reporting application t enable clinical research monitors t track clinical site monitoring activity on newly marketed drugs.
- Enabled users t sync primary database with their notebooks, modify investigator / patient information offline in the field, and resynch.
- Technologies: Oracle 7, SQL Plus, Powerbuilder 3,4, Erwin/ERX, Sybase SQL Anywhere,
- Netware, Help Magician
- AGS / NYNEX / KEANE 1992-1994
Assistant Project Manager Developed Formula Raw Material Maintenance System deployed internationally t assist formulators in design of over-the-counter drugs, skin, and hair care products.
- Provided features for raw material ingredient, formula, and version control.
- Implemented interactive version of R D lab notebooks ELN t enforce record keeping compliance required for patent protection.
- Applied SDLC methodology interviews, requirements analysis, documentation, data modeling, construction, installation, and testing t assist in achieving objectives.
- Provided portable system t facilitate field prototyping, demo, and training.
Technologies: Oracle 7, SQL Plus, Powerbuilder 2/3, Sybase SQL Anywhere, Netware,
System Analyst for complete retrospective validation, with reference t FDA GLP/GMP standards, of Laboratory Data Review System used t support clinical trials of new drug. Interviewed system users, managers, and programmers analyzed and charted the data flow process at source code level. Prepared pre-validation assessment document, a users' guide, and validation plan executed the validation tests, evaluated results, prepared final document Technologies: Expertise in FDA 21 CFR GLP/GMP Regulations and Guidelines
- Systems Analyst Developed/ delivered requirements document for the purchase of new Toxicology/Pathology system supporting preclinical safety assessment of potential new drugs. Conducted individual and group interviews with users.
- Technologies: SDLC AGS branded product , System Architect
- EDUCATION PUBLICATIONS CLEARANCES
- MS / PhD Analytical, Agricultural, and Food Chemistry Rutgers University
- MS Credits Computer Science
- Polytechnic JAVA, Algorithms, O Design, JSP, Servlets
- Johns Hopkins Programming Languages, Networks
- MST Credits Education Fordham Graduate School of Education BA Chemistry Northwestern University
- Pareles, Stephen, Extending Powerbuilder PFC Multi Table Update Service describes extension for SQL inserts / deletes compatible with referential integrity Other science / technology papers / MS and PhD listed elsewhere
- Passed security, background, and drug screens for purposes of working with students, financial institutions, and manufacturing plants. Fingerprints filed with NYSED OSPRA for teaching
- C2C preferred. Offering onsite support as well as optional remote support from Westchester office. Steve is a native New Yorker familiar with business and financial practices. A mature PhD-forged persistence, patience, attention t detail, project completion, and accountability.