Certified Network Support Professional seeks employment as a Network Administrator, Systems Administrator, or Systems Technician.
- Server Administration: Built and managed Windows Server 2000 through 2008 R2 and Debian Linux systems. Implemented system and network monitoring software. Introduced schedule and notification system for server and workstation updates. Rebuilt Group Policy infrastructure. Implemented centrally managed AV and security solutions. Reconfigured DNS and DHCP for optimal efficiency.
- Networks and Telecommunications: Managed switches and routers on Cisco IOS for data and voice. Configured routing protocols. Implemented Cisco ACLs. Setup VLAN configurations. Installed and configured wireless APs and routers. Setup server and networking cabinets. Performed cable management with copper and fiber including planning, implementing, running and terminating cable.
- Backup Disaster Recovery: Implemented full disaster recovery solution for physical and virtual servers including offsite, hot-site recovery. Monitored backup logs. Utilized Windows Server Backup, ComCell, and TSM. Participated in audit of offsite backup storage. Monitored backup jobs on tape libraries through ComCell/ComVault, and Tivoli Storage Manager TSM .
- Enterprise Software Support: Managed users, groups, distribution lists and permissions via Active Directory. Audited computer and user accounts. Created managed service accounts. Performed software roll-outs and patch management. Created update management policy and schedule. Wrote and modified basic NT and PowerShell scripts. Tracked enterprise software licensing and IT fixed assets.
- Operating Systems and Software: Provided technical support for Windows Server 2000-2008 R2, various distributions of Linux, Windows 9x-7, Mac OS X 10.2-10.8.5, z/OS MVS and AIX/HP UNIX environments. Resolved issues with mail servers and clients for Outlook/Exchange and Lotus Domino.
- Hardware Diagnostics, Deployment, and System Recovery: Procured and repaired server and workstation hardware on PC, Mac, and Sun platforms. Serviced laser, thermal, and label printers. Assembled and repaired x86, Mac and Sun desktops and laptops.
- Technical Writing: Developed process and procedural documents. Wrote and revised knowledgebase articles for internal and external use. Performed SLA reporting through Access, Remedy and CA Unicenter. Created network, system, user, and policy reports for annual audit.
- Team Leadership and Training: Trained new employees on existing clients, trained current employees on new clients. Acted as lead after-hours and weekend Service Desk agent for over forty clients. Became technical lead and knowledge resource for peers on multiple platforms and systems.
IT Systems Administrator
Procured and deployed Windows Server 2008 r2 and Debian Linux servers. Upgraded AD Domain Functional Level from 2000 to 2008. Reconfigured DHCP and DNS for optimal efficiency. Upgraded Exchange 2003 to 2010 and performed daily maintenance. Implemented SNMP/WMI network monitoring software for license, fixed asset, and configuration tracking. Deployed centrally managed anti-virus solution. Automated update notification system for Linux servers. Rebuilt Group Policy for security and feature control. Set up paired replicating DNS servers for public domains. Upgraded workstations from Windows XP to 7. Managed users, groups, lists, and permissions in Active Directory. Created managed service accounts. Administrated VPN system and supported remote users. Implemented ticketing system for issue resolution tracking. Managed various projects along fixed timelines to meet IT and company goals. Supported Mac OS X and Windows XP-7 desktops and laptops. Reviewed new products and made recommendations for customers.
IT Operations Support Associate
Provided on-site support for RF hand scanners, WYSE thin clients, desktop and laptops. Supported MS Office, Windows XP and 7. Troubleshot Citrix sessions, AS/400 applications, internal web apps and HP Unix back-end. Serviced Zebra label printers and networked laser jet printers including replacing fusers and maintenance kits. Managed Windows print server. Imaged laptops and desktops. Created and updated documentation. Performed asset tracking and inventory updating. Used Remedy for requests tracking. Tested new hardware and made recommendations for implementation in various environments.
IT Operations Support Associate
Performed tape backup inventory and management. Supported Windows and Unix tape libraries. Monitored tape libraries through ComCell/ComVault, and Tivoli Storage Manager TSM . Resolved basic issues with tapes and backup jobs. Completed daily reports for geographically distributed backup locations. Worked with z/OS MVS to interact with tape backup system through JCL. Processed data restore requests through contacting off-site storage groups. Assisted in performing quarterly tape inventory audit. Performed cable management and cable tracing including scoping/connecting of fiber as well as copper. Setup and tore down server and networking cabinets. Audited data center through iTracs for inventory accuracy of servers and network devices. Created Access databases for change control and internal tracking. Created cross-department documents and forms using best practices and standards.
Desktop Service Technician
Provided Tier 2 support for hardware, software and networks at on-site and remote locations. Performed repair, maintenance and diagnostics of workstations and printers. Setup custom hardware configurations including RAIDs and built complete images for specific use systems. Engaged in hardware moves and setup. Used SMS and SCCM for troubleshooting and monitoring. Utilized Active Directory for user account unlocks, password resets. Provided computer account setup and troubleshooting in AD. Resolved permission issues with group membership and file/folder permissions in AD. Used Norton Ghost for reimaging. Resolved issues in Windows 2000/XP, MS Office, and Exchange. Installed, configured and managed users in SafeBoot encryption configuration on laptops. Maintained and repaired local and network printer issues with drivers, errors and printing configurations. Assisted in hardware refresh roll out including inventory and configuration tracking and updating.
EMPLOYMENT HISTORY continued
Handled incoming calls and emails for General Services Administration GSA service desk. First and second level troubleshooting for Windows XP, MS Office, Lotus Domino, local and network printers, and various specialized software. Performed AD User account unlocks and password resets. Created and revised various documentation for procedures and troubleshooting. Performed daily reporting on SLA and SOP metrics. Tracked issues in Remedy, and CA Unicenter ticketing systems.
Provided first contact resolution through phone calls, emails and web chats at various tiers of support for nearly 60 different client contracts. Utilized numerous Standard Operating Procedures and Service Level Agreements while furnishing total issue ownership. Trained new agents on current clients, as well as training current employees on new incoming clients. Updated knowledgebase with new and updated information. Wrote training and rerence materials for new procedures. Supported Windows 2000, XP and Mac OS 9 through Mac OS X. Supported MS Office 2000 through 2003. Managed user accounts through Active Directory, Oracle and SAP providing account unlocks and password resets. Resolved issues with varied Citrix application gateways, thin client configurations in different sets of environments, and desktop and laptop issues with hardware and software. Supported local and network printers. Assisted remote access through Cisco and Microsoft VPN software.
Designed and maintained website. Updated website with club information. Reported on site statistics from Google Analytics, AdSense, and AdWords at monthly meetings. Installed desktop computer, OS, Office, additional memory and cooling. Created office documents for club business and record keeping. Provided support in using MS Office products.