I would like a challenging position at a company where my skills and experience will greatly enhance the company's success and my own personal growth.
Over 15 years of extensive IT, Voice, IP Core, Data Center, Managed Service and Network Security experience in large, demanding technical environments. Hands on, self-directed, proactive, dedicated and dependable person. Excellent performance under pressure and highly adaptable to new environments. Hired, trained and supervised large and small teams to support infrastructure technical needs.
- Started as founding member to create a managed hybrid hosted communication network for the hospitality industry utilizing Metaswitch as a core wearing multiple hats to keep the business successful and moving forward.
- Created custom Asterisk based PBX with PMS integration for local deployment in a hotel environment.
- Designed and implemented various wired and wireless infrastructures utilizing HP, Adtran, Grandstream, Cisco, Pyibridge, Ruckus and Motorola for customers ranging from small business to large 5 star properties.
- Deployed and managed Multisite VMware vSphere deployments for virtualization of various software components.
- Designed and supported CATV headends and IPTV networks with PMS integration.
- Managed Carrier and Vendor Contracts and Relationships.
- Managed Departmental Budget.
- Managed active trouble tickets and preformed trouble resolution.
- Participated in technical support escalation and on call for service related issues.
Director, Engineering and IT
- Brought in to design and implement a VOIP network and transition ESCO from a reseller of VOIP services into a managed services ITSP.
- Engineered and built a geo-redundant Metaswitch network that primarily serviced the Senior living and Hospital industries.
- Successfully deployed and migrated a total of 25,000 lines from other providers to our own Metaswitch mix hosted and SIP Trunking platform.
- Re-engineered a new deployment model migrating away from legacy NEC and Mitel PBX's to managed telephone gateways controlled by the Metaswitch core and adding tiered internet access via Occam/Calix/Zhone DSL or FTTH/GPON with POTS and CATV options for end users.
- Created and implemented a change management plan to help mitigate human error risk and institute accountability.
- Implemented Nagios and Cacti for advanced monitoring and proactive notifications for NOC and on call staff with text and voice notifications.
- Virtualized internal server infrastructure utilizing Dell ISCSI San, Microsoft Hyper-V and VMware.
- Provided end user support for various software applications and hardware.
Manager, Network Engineering
- ManagedSecurity, Voice, Data and systems engineering groups for both Enterprise and National Data Network.
- Implemented change management procedures for overall teams.
- Started cross training engineering teams for added personnel flexibility.
- Managed switch class 5 migration project migrating from legacy Veraz Softswitch to Metaswitch.
- Replaced legacy SBC's with Acme Packet SBC Solution.
- Managed Nextone/Genband SBC's.
- Provided Traffic Forecasting for both Data and Voice Trunk Network.
- Managed Yearly Budget for Multi-group environment.
- Managed Vendor Contracts
- Managed company overall security, network engineering and systems engineering groups for both Enterprise and National Data Network.
- Designed and Implemented enterprise network upgrade to support next generation network speeds.
- Implemented Turin Systems DCS for National Network re-grooming and port savings on soft switch.
- Implemented new security policies and network firewall and security measures utilizing Palo Alto and Aknoix IM Proxy for industry related compliance PCI and business accountability/security.
- Implemented Municipal Wifi deployment using Strix Systems and custom system architecture for account control and maintenance.
- Consolidated linux server farm into virtualized systems using Xen.
- Systems management for AIX / Oracle B/OSS system to increase uptime and reliability.
- Upgraded internal switching infrastructure to support gigabit to the desktop for advanced applications. Implemented Foundry SuperX Layer2/3 Switching environment with VRRP.
- Managed yearly budget for group and managed vendor contracts.
Network Engineer III
- Built out additional pop sites to support national VoIP network.
- Veraz Softswitch Training and deployment of additional media gateways.
- Deployed Sylantro feature server to act as Class 5 soft switch.
- Kagoor SBC implementation.
- System tool design using Perl and PHP to aid NOC in supporting voice and data systems.
- Aided in integration and management of acquired network companies and upgraded network core to Cisco GSR.
- Implemented Network Monitoring application using Micromuse's Netcool.
- Mentored and assisted other engineering staff with their projects as top level support.
- Tested various IP Phone's in lab environment.
- Implemented Micromuse/IBM Netcool for SNMP trap monitoring and alarming.
Network Engineer II
- Established national data network with emphasis on VoIP.
- Designed and implemented various Cisco WAN systems 7200, 3600, 5300, 2500, 2600, 2900, 6400 .
- Implemented DSL wholesale and resale network using Cisco 6400 for ATM Aggregation.
- Security Management using Cisco PIX.
- Implemented Wholesale TF Dialup platform utilizing TNT MAX Modem Banks.
- Voice over IP Network Design and Implementation using AS5300, Cisco Call Manager, Cisco Voice Manager
- Network Monitoring utilizing Cisco works 2000, WUG, MRTG, Cisco Voice Manager
- BGP, OSPF, Static Routing configuration
- Established ISP systems from initial planning, provisioning, API creation / integration and system installation. Utilizing Perl, Mysql and shell scripting.
- Implemented Cisco AS5300's for local modem Pools in Cincinnati and Los Angeles.
- Implemented Radius/TACACS for network security
- Utilized radiator for radius implementation to maintain a nationwide dial-up network for wholesale and retail customer base.
- Assisted with Circuit turn-up and testing with various cisco equipment and modem pools.
- Managed 5 POP sites
- Cisco Router Configuration
- Web page design
- Customer Service/Support
- Customer Network Management.
Call Support Tech
- Provided on call Technical support for end users for ISP services
- Provided LAN management to local networking systems.
Technical Skills and Experience Summary:
Network Hardware Switching:
Cisco: 2500, 2600, 3600, 2900, 5300, 5400, 6400, 7200, 1200, PIX and ASA
Foundry/Brocade: SuperX, FES, FEX, Big Iron
Calix/Occam: B Series/6xxx
Zhone: MALC, MXK
Metaswitch: SBC, 2510 3510, EAS, CFS, Metaview, SAS, N-Series
Veraz: Softswitch and Gateways
Acme Packet: Net-Net 4250, Net-Net 4500
Adtran: Netvanta 1200, 1300, 1500, 1600, 3400, 6200, 6300, 6500, 7000, Total Access Atlas
HP: Procurve 1900, 2500, 3500, 5500, 5800, 6200
Asterisk PBX various distribution and custom application development
CACTI, MRTG, Nagios, OccamView
Ruckus: Zone Director, Zone Flex Indoor and Outdoor units
Palo Alto Firewalls
Linux Administration: Redhat, CentOS, Fedora, Ubuntu
Windows Administration: Windows 2003, 2008, Exchange, Active Directory, IIS
DNS/BIND, DHCP, NTP, Apache, MySQL, MSSQL
IPTV: Conklin, Beenis, Verimatrix, Video Propulsions Floodgate. Minerva
Packet Analyzers: Wireshark, tcpdump, Empirix Hammer XMS
Virtualization: VMware ESX, KVM, XEN, Hyper-V