To seek a challenging career as an IT Infrastructure Engineer with a professional organization to best utilize my knowledge in systems network engineering/administration, computer science and engineering.
Technical Skills Summary
- Operating Systems OS Windows NT / 95 / 98 / 2000 / XP / Vista / 7 / 2000 Server / Server 2003 R2 / Server 2008 R2, VMWare ESX / ESXi 3.5 / 4.0, VMware vSphere 5, Unix, Redhat Linux 4 / 5, Solaris 9 / 10, Mac OS X, MS-DOS, Cisco IOS
- Applications / Software Microsoft Active Directory, Windows Group Policy Object GPO , Windows Server Update Services WSUS , SCCM, SCOM, Microsoft Exchange Server 2003, Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server, Microsoft Sharepoint Server 2010, Office Communications Server OCS , Microsoft Lync Server 2010, Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Symantec Ghost Cast, Symantec EndPoint Protection Anti-Virus, Symantec Brightmail Gateway Anti-Spam, Microsoft Office 2000 / 2003 / 2007 / 2010, Symantec BackupExec, Symantec / Veritas Netbackup, BakBone NetVault, Enterprise Monitoring tools: HP Sitescope / Nagios / Big Brother / SolarWinds / Argent / Spiceworks / MRTG, ISA Server, Proxy Server, Security Management, Citrix, Remote Desktop, Network Monitor, Performance Monitor, Ping, Trace, IIS, SelectSurvey.NET tool, ResponseLogic, HP Jetadmin / Jetdirect software, Global Management System and Server OS Security
- Protocols Technologies DNS, DHCP, WINS, LDAP, FTP, TCP/IP, ICMP, ARP, PPP, PPTP, VLAN, RAID, UPS, SCSI, Web, ISDN, RIS, wireless T1, Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, FDDI, Cable/DSL modem
- Languages / Databases C, Java, Visual Basic 6.0, HTML, Windows PowerShell, Windows batch files, SQL, People Code PeopleSoft , SQR, Oracle 9/10g/11g databases, MS Access
- Hardware Servers: HP ProLiant / Dell PowerEdge / SunFire V240 V210, Dell business line Laptops / Dektops, Tape Library: Dell LTO / Quantum PX500, Storage: EMC Clarion Series Fiber SAN, DELL MD3000, iSCSI, Network: Cisco 3500 / 2900 switches, Cisco PIX 515E firewalls, routers, switches, Checkpoint NGX R60 / R65 firewall, Radware AppDirector Load Balancer , Radware AppXcel SSL accelerator
IT Datacenter Operations Manager
This role is responsible to manage Data Center Operations, Security Services, Network Services and general Infrastructure related functions.
- Lead, managed and provided technical expertise in successful completion of Exchange server upgrade project from Exchange 2007 to Exchange 2010 environment
- Recommended solutions to eliminate downtime to end users for various Exchange server and Active Directory tasks so as to make system administration tasks effective
- Played a pivotal role in bringing the Citrix XenApp upgrade project from version 4.5 to 6.0 to completion
- Analyzed and gathered requirements for Netscaler devices installation and configuration project for site redundancy and failover for critical Enterprise Applications
- Performed audit of existing data backups and implemented changes so as to address the issues of consistent failed backups and to make sure to capture data on all tier1 servers which are critical for the organization
- Adjusted Windows Group Policy Objects GPO for fixing prior issues with WSUS and ITSM tool deployment
- Built foundation for Windows Server Update Services WSUS for monthly patching of all user workstations at various company locations
- Developed, executed and maintained Server Capacity and Performance plan
- Lead and Managed Dell EqualLogic SAN upgrade project add additional storage and upgrade of firmware to the latest version
- Spearheaded VMware vSphere 5/ESXi 5 upgrade from ESX 4.0 environment
- Identified Tier 1 servers/applications for Site Recovery Manager SRM implementation for Disaster Recovery DR
- Conducted assessment/audit on security of routers, firewalls and Citrix/VPN environments
- Audited security of servers, systems and networks
- Created and deployed physical security process
- Assisted Network Services team with Avaya VOIP implementation project and SIP trunking project
- Assisted Network Services team with ongoing design, implementation and enhancement of MPLS network
- Worked with ITSM manager to deploy a new ITSM tool for transparent ticketing system for IT service requests
- Contributed to the strategic plan through innovative ideas on how to improve support processes while reducing costs
- Identified and implemented cost saving opportunities throughout the Infrastructure department
IT Systems Administrator
This role is responsible for Windows and Network Systems infrastructure / architecture for the entire DEX organization which includes DEX Systems, DEX Corporate, DEX Solutions located at Camarillo California, DEX Ohio at Columbus Ohio and DEX Europe locations at Dublin Ireland, Milton Keynes England, Venlo Netherlands.
- Responsible for and performs the daily functional administration of the Windows Active Directory AD and Exchange Server
- Implemented and managed Enterprise-wide Windows Server Update Services WSUS for company locations world-wide in US, Ireland, England and Netherlands
- Usage of Windows Group Policy Object GPO to make system administration tasks more effective and efficient, avoiding the need for extra manpower for manual management of about 500 user desktops in the organization
- Used GPO to push the necessary version of Java software automatically without manual intervention to about 500 user desktops world-wide to assist with successful completion of ADP enterprise e-Time project
- Implemented centralized Anti-Virus Management server for US locations and all Europe locations
- Phased out old server hardware which is on the verge of failure and architected new windows infrastructure with heavy emphasis on virtualization using VMware ESX host at Ireland and Ohio locations
- Designed the server layout VM servers and backup strategy for the newly designed critical servers at Ireland location
- Installed and configured servers for pilot test of VMware Virtual Desktop Infrastructure VDI for select group of IT test users.
- Switched the FSMO roles to the newly built domain controller replacing the old domain controller to resolve the issues caused by old Domain Controller machine hardware at Ireland location
- Planned and implemented File Server and Print Server migrations at Ireland branch office successfully with no issues
- Created a regular maintenance schedule for all user desktops WSUS AV scan and servers in the entire organization world-wide
- Monitored the network and systems using spiceworks monitoring tool, set-up email and pager alerts using this monitoring system and responded to alerts received in a timely manner to pro-actively avoid any server downtime
- Regular physical inspection of all servers Windows Unix and network equipment in the data center - troubleshoot, resolve any hardware / software issues observed
- Analyze and configure Dell MD3000 SAN for use with windows servers as required
- EMC SAN installation, configuration and administration
- Abernas and QNAP NAS network configuration and administration
- Created / updated the procedures for day-to-day tasks and critical tasks handled so that others who are not much familiar with the task can refer to the procedure and handle the task with little or no effort on their part
- Responsible for oversight of Telecomm systems phones, voicemail, ACD, Cell phones
- Responsible for Corporate oversight / audit of Worldwide Divisional DataCenters and IT Helpdesk
- Responsible for Network troubleshooting
- Co-ordinated / managed external Network Consultants / Vendors as needed
- Acted as secondary for Unix / Oracle systems as needed
- Implemented DataCenter / Infrastructure projects per direction from Management to achieve company goals
- Provided input and recommendations for improvements to DataCenter and infrastructure
- Assisted with Infrastructure design and 5 years plans
Senior Network Engineer
This role is responsible for taking ownership over the day-to-day operation of Zag.com's Windows and Linux systems, local area network, wide area network, ensuring their proper functioning, upgrades, monitoring and security. Facilities to be supported include Zag.com corporate offices and collocation facilities. In this role, I am required to exercise strategy, discretion and judgment in designing, building and supporting the computer facilities and communication networks. Additionally, this role also requires the direct management of other Information Technology professionals e.g., contractors or helpdesk to accomplish the various company initiatives as they arise.
- Supervise team of from two to four engineers in providing IT maintenance and support functions and supporting Operations initiatives approximately 50 of job's requirement
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment in accomplishing assignments and delivering solutions consistent with company's goals and end user's expectations
- Maintain and ensure compliance with company's information security policies. Participate in information security audits
- Ensure that all designated servers on the network have the latest security software and that the network is free of malicious activities/code.
- Ensure Zag.com's network and essential telecommunications' systems function properly, are reliable and secure
- Ensure Zag.com's servers, workstations and essential communication systems function properly, are reliable and secure
- Install and administer Windows Server 2003 / 2008 servers on the domain
- Run diagnostics for server hardware issues, install good hardware replacing failed parts
- Cisco PIX 515E administration, maintenance and firmware upgrades as needed
- Checkpoint NGX R60 administration and maintenance
- Network Load Balancing using Radware AppDirector
- Renew and install SSL certificates for secure websites
- Manage maintain SSL accelerator Radware AppXcel
- Installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of SelectSurvey tool along with ResponseLogic for efficient way to send out surveys in the interest of company's business needs
- Install ESX 3.5 / 4 on HP Proliant Servers to bring up Virtual Machines as required for development, staging and production environments
- Build and administer Virtual Machines VMs using VMware Infrastructure client
- Ensure all hardware and software issues are identified and resolved in a timely manner
- Ensure standard backup procedures are in place and functioning properly for all systems containing corporate data
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies based on detailed business requirements provided by team members
- Ensure the corporate Exchange email servers are operating properly
- Assist the Database Administrator in the management of the SQL servers as requested
- Work with the various organizations across the company and outside of the company to identify technology needs and potential solutions for Zag.com Inc
- Perform software deployments to production and staging environments
- Assist back-end development team and front-end development team with content pushes and hot fixes to production and staging apache servers and application servers as required
- Be available on call with the 24/7 team as primary contact for one week in a period of four weeks
- Manage vendors and service providers to assist with their software products and services to ensure company needs are being properly met
- Maintain a complete list of all hardware, ip addresses, network configurations, network devices, printers, and software, etc., for all PCs and servers owned and / or operated by Zag.com
- Attend and participate in weekly meetings with the Information Technology team focused on developing, maintaining and publishing a weekly status on open projects and their timelines
Network Systems Engineer
- Installed, Configured and Administered Microsoft Windows 2000 Server.
- Installed, Configured and Administered Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration ISA Server 2000, Enterprise Edition.
- Planned and Implemented upgrade to Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment from Windows 2000 Server Environment.
- Implemented and Administered Security for Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network.
- Installed, Configured and Administered Microsoft Windows XP Professional.
- PC user support: Responsible to configure, install, maintain and manage all user desktop systems and laptops. Publish and maintain FAQ and user notices on web page.
- PC's and laptops: Maintain operability and troubleshoot all system issues. Develop standard image base line to provide 'jumpstart' capability for PC or laptop systems. Maintain and update image server. Maintain appropriate security and virus measures.
- Mac OS X installation and troubleshooting issues of end users.
- Used Symantec Ghost Cast tool for creating server / desktop images for quick deployment.
- PC hardware upgrades: Memory RAM , Hard drive, DVD/CD-ROM drive, NIC Video adapter upgrades.
- Unix user support: Responsible to configure, install, maintain and manage Solaris 8 / Solaris 10 servers and user desktop systems. Publish and maintain FAQ and user notices on web page.
- HP ProLiant Sun Fire V240/V210 server hardware upgrades: Memory, CPU Hard drive upgrades.
- Sun U45/U60/U2/U5 hardware upgrades: Memory, dvd/cd-rom drive, Hard drive, Power unit Frame buffer upgrades.
- Trend Micro OfficeScan Anti-virus, Anti-spyware scanning and spam control: Responsible for monitoring, maintaining and updating services.
- Monthly patching of all production windows work stations using Shavlik NetChk Protect.
- User networking support: provide assistance in network related issues.
- Telecommuting support: Responsible to manage user telecommuting equipment and to establish and manage data input to telecommuting devices, including RSA Securid management.
- Data protection: Responsible to establish, maintain and administer data protection system. Perform data back up Bakbone NetVault and Veritas NetBackup , data restore, archive management, data protection validation.
- User account management NIS/AD/LDAP : Manage new user, change user and remove user MIS process.
- Manage DNS for all the production, system test PC's and for Unix work stations.
- Configure DHCP for PC units on development and system test VLAN's.
Network Engineering, Management and Security Responsibilities:
- Installation, configuration, troubleshooting and integration of company data network including Cisco routers, switches, wireless bandwidth managers and network management systems.
- Provide troubleshooting support for all network related problems.
- Installation, maintenance, configuration, troubleshooting and analysis of security infrastructure equipment including Cisco PIX firewalls and IDS.
- Monitor network equipment, traffic and connections in the core network and respond to faults and alarms.
- Baseline general network traffic and application response.
- Research and recommend planning of network management and information security solutions.
- Review and analyze IDS, firewall, and system logs.