- 8 years of experience as a Network/Systems Administrator specializing in Cisco devices, Network security, Firewalls and VPNs, Cisco Routers, LAN/WAN connectivity, TCP/IP Windows XP, Windows Vista, NT/2000 /2003 System administration, communications.
- Experience in the areas of Technical Implementation/Support, Project Management, System Administration, Networking and end-to-end Infrastructure Management
- Possess IT experience with a strong foundation in internetworking and troubleshooting.
- LAN/WAN experience internetworking with Cisco routers, switches, Check Point Firewalls, Arista switches, IP telephones, 5508 Wireless controllers, and 3600 series access points.
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in Tier II ISP Routing Policies, Network Architecture, IP Subnetting, VLSM, TCP/IP, NAT, DHCP, DNS, FT1 / T1 / FT3 / T3 SONET POS OCX / GigE circuits, Firewalls Migration of all the PIX firewalls to ASA firewalls for DOT-NC
- Extensive experience in Layer 3 routing and Layer 2 switching and dealt with router configurations like 7200, 3800, 2800 and switches 6500, 4500, 3700, 3750, 3900, 2900, 2960 and 3500XL, 3950 switch series.
- Hands On experience Juniper JUNOS or configuration troubleshooting of routing protocols: MP-BGP, OSPF, LDP, EIGRP, RIP, BGP v4, MPLS.
- Experience in tools like SNMP, AAA, RADIUS and designed VPN with IPSEC security layer.
- Understanding of IPSEC GRE tunnels in VPN technology.
- Configuring Virtual Chassis for Juniper switches EX-4200,Firewalls SRX-210
- Experience with Watchguard firewalls, Sidewinder firewalls, Stonegate firewalls and Opensource Linux/BSD based firewalls such as iptables, ipchains and pf.
- Experience in testing routers and switches in laboratory and deploy them on site production.
- Proficient in configuration of routing protocols like RIP, IGRP, EIGRP, OSPF multiple areas and BGP.
- Involved in designing L2VPN services and encryption system and other VPN with IPSEC based services.
- Expertise in IP sub netting and worked on various designing and allocation various classes of IP address to the domain.
- Involved in troubleshooting of IP conflict problems and worked on Gigabit Ethernet and Fast Ethernet connection and applied QoS for the bandwidth delay.
- Responsible for Check Point and Cisco ASA firewall administration across global networks.
- Experience in working with Nexus Switches and Virtual Port Channel configuration.
- Extensive troubleshooting experience in ISDN and telephony circuits CSU/DSU connections.
- Hands on experience on NAT Network address translation configurations and it's analysis on troubleshooting issues related access lists ACL .
- Involved in monitoring network traffic and its diagnosis using performance tools like Snort, Snortsnarf, ping tools, and packet player.
- Good knowledge on VOIP protocols like H.323, SIP, MGCP and SS7 and interfacing of TDM to VOIP system.
- Installation of Windows 2003 enterprise and standard editions, R2, Windows 2000 standard and advanced server editions.
- Experienced in DHCP DNS, NIS, NFS, SMTP, IMAP, ODBC, FTP, TCP/IP, LAN, WAN, LDAP, HP RDP, security management, and system troubleshooting skills.
- Operation Systems: MS Server 2000/2003/2008, Windows XP/Vista/7/8, WINTEL/WINDOWS 2000, 2003.2008 NT
- Hardware: HP, Dell IBM x Series, X86, Apple, Sonic wall, Adaptec, Norco, Cisco, Hitachi, EMC.
- Networking: TCP/IP, IPX/SPX, RIP, OSPF, EIGRP, IGRP, BGP, DNS/DHCP, ASA/PIX/ACL, SNMP, and Apache.
- Applications: MS SQL Server 2005, MS ISA Server 2006, MS Office XP/2003/2007/2010,
- Citrix MPS, CounterPoint, MicroBiz, ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus, Communigate Pro
- Mail Server, Microsoft Exchange, NetMail, Solarwinds NPM.
CISCO Network Management Based Application Experience:
- Wireless /Security/Others WCS, NCS, Prime, CSM, MSE, ISE, QPM, CLM
- LAN/WAN/Voice /Other CW2000/LMS 3.x. /4.x, CWM, OPM CEMF.
- DHCP/DNS/Cable/Optical Cisco CNR, BACC, CBT, CTM, MWTM.
- Cisco Configurations Tools CNA, CCA, SDM, Config Engine, CCP, RME,
CDCT, CMM, CMD. SESM. ISC VPNSC.
- Networking: Cisco 3750/2960/6500, Checkpoint Firewall, Structured Cabling, VSAT installation, Optical Fiber Splicing and termination, Wireless, Cisco Router, Cisco Catalyst Switch
- Cisco Routers/Switches OSPF RIPv2 EIGRP BGP
- Cisco ASA Firewalls VLANs, F5 Big IP
- Brocade L2/L3 Switches Aruba 6000 Wireless Controllers
- SonicWALL SSL VPN RSTP STP VRRP-e VRRP
- Voice over IP WINS DHCP DNS
Network Security Engineer / Firewall Administrator
- Provided Firewall Administration Creating and removing firewall rules as needed , Network Security Administration, and Network Engineering duties within an OSPF / BGP environment
- Configured a Cisco ASR 1001 router to replace and upgrade
- Function as part of a Firewall and Security team in support of Checkpoint Firewalls, Zscaler Proxy, Juniper Portals, SecAuth, Open LDAP, and Active Directory.
- Configured Cisco 2821, 2921 and 3845 CE routers to change them from EIGRP to a complex MPLS environment that includes VRF IPSEC VPNs, Broadband Tunnels, HSRP and VLANs.
- Configured 2960, 3560, 3750 and 4507 switches to add VLANs for wireless project, and QoS protocols for MPLS.
- Accessed Cisco Prime NCS/WCS and 5508 series Wireless Controller to manage wireless networks.
- Configured Cisco Wireless Access Points 1100, 3600 through Cisco NCS Prime. Imported diagrams to create campuses, buildings and to map wireless AP's location.
- Responsible for verifying Change Records, router, switch and DHCP configurations before applying.
- Prep multiple routers simultaneously for circuit turn-up, pushing MPLS configuration, and MPLS migration using Cisco NCM and pre-scripted TCL configurations.
- SSH to routers to manually configure routers for: Controller Card Prep, applying MPLS Configurations, MPLS Circuit Turn-up, MPLS Circuit Migration, Broadband Migration, Post Migration Clean-up, PPP, PPP Multilink, QoS, VPNs, Broadband Tunnels
- Update Visio network diagrams, documentation Excel, SharePoint , and before and after ICMPs.
- Responsible for resolving tickets from MMO's users, using HP OpenView, for access to MMO's intranet and to the internet Creating and removing firewall rules as needed.
- Managed user's access thru Open LDAP, SecAuth and supported Active Directory.
- Monitored Network with Orion monitoring software. Admin for Sonexis Phone conferencing.
- Redesigned, updated, and established network topography standard.
Network/ Firewall Engineer
- Configured Cisco ASA and Checkpoint firewall layers to secure the infrastructure for the Data Center.
- Migrated firewalls from ASA to Checkpoint.
- Drafted, installed, and provisioned ASA and Checkpoint firewall rules and policies.
- Maintained, configured, and installed Cisco and Juniper routers and switches: 7500/catalyst 6500/RV320/2960/catalyst 3550/12410, 12816, 1204 series, Nexus 7k and 5k, WLC, and ASA 5540
- Involved in Data Center migrations. Handled proper management, maintenance, configuration, and altered management of firewall structure.
- Configured Cisco ASA and Checkpoint firewall layers securing existing Data Center infrastructure. Migrated information security from Cisco PIX to ASA5500 with LAN-failover platform.
- Configured RIP, OSPF and static routing on Juniper routers.
- Implemented Checkpoint firewall rules according to business requirements and verifications.
- Remediated IPSO Versions and Checkpoint SW to IPSO 6.1 Build 38 running Checkpoint R65 Build 63.
- Supported customer with configuration and maintenance of PIX and ASA firewall systems.
- Configured IPSEC VPN on SRX series firewalls.
- Generated Root Cause Analysis RCA for critical issues of Layer1/ Layer2/ Layer3 issues.
- Utilized Smartbits test sets to generate IP data traffic. Worked with multiple customers enhance networks.
- Configured VLAN, Spanning tree, VSTP, SNMP on EX series switches.
- Configured LLQ for VOIP.
- Remediated Running in Active/Active Cluster mode into VRRP High Availability setups.
- Resolved and implemented Root Cause Analysis RCA for in service production problems. Created work around for known IOS issues.
- Configured VLANs with 802.1q tagging.
- Configured and maintained routers and switches. Implemented and troubleshot RIP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP routing protocols.
- Configured and troubleshot various WAN technologies: MPLS, T1, T3, DS3 and ISDN
- Met with Engineering Teams to prepare configurations according to client requirement.
- Performed UAT and network testing.
- Configured and maintained High Availability Checkpoint firewalls in a Provider-1 environment.
- Planned, designed, implemented, and supported firewalls and VPNs over ASA firewalls.
- Responsible for firewall migrations from Pix to ASA, ASA to Checkpoint, ASA and Checkpoint to SonicWALL DPI.
- Worked on firewall Pix525/ASA and SNMP. Designed VPN with IPSEC security layer.
- Troubleshot network issues using Packet Analysis tools like Ethereal
- Supported networks comprised of 2000 Cisco devices.
- Supported Juniper M320 routers and worked on various customer facing and network facing PICs and FPCs.
- Worked on Cisco GSR, Cisco 7200a VXR and Cisco 7600 series routers.
- Utilized BGP to impact traffic forwarding and traffic load balancing on multiple CKTS.
- Network monitoring using Cisco Works 2000, HP OpenView.
- Supported Cisco 7200/7600/12000 routers and complex 6500 Series Switches.
- Supported 2600/3600/7200/7200VXR and 12416, 12816 series routers.
- Provided technical assistance and support for Cisco 2950, 7600, 7200 and GSR routers.
- Assisted the Certification Team by performing LAN WAN configurations Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, and Gigabit Ethernet.
- Routing protocols such as RIP, OSPF, EIGRP and BGP.
- Supported EBGP with multiple providers. Propagated default routes from multiple locations.
Environment: Cisco 6500/4500 switches and Cisco 7200/7600/12000 routers
- Configuration, operation and troubleshooting of BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, RIP routing protocol in Cisco Routers L3 Switches.
- Configuring New WAN links and Monitor Network Performance
- Installation of Operating Systems Win98, Win XP, Win NT, Win 2000, Win 2003 etc.
- Install and maintain of Hardware, Operating System
- Configuration of Printer, Modem, Scanner.
- Configuration of Domain Naming Server DNS
- Configuration of Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol.
- Configuration and Managing Remote Installation Service RIS
- Migration of active directory services from Win NT to Win 2k to Win 2003.
- Providing Capacity Planning review for all the servers.
- Patching all Windows servers and workstations with Company standards
- Customize the 2000/2003 servers in terms of Registry, Audit/Account/Security policy, patching, to sustain Company Standard Operating Environment
- Monitor Routers and Internet Connectivity
- Implement network monitoring tool for monitoring servers, routers other network resources
- Adding and deleting users and granting user level
- Resolving Network Problem related to connectivity and assessing resources.
- Responsible for ensuring each reported problem is resolved in timely manner
- System Troubleshooting in case of a failure and maintain server uptime above 99.99 .
- Configuring administering Domain Naming Server DNS ,Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol DHCP , Distributed File System. DFS ,Internet Information Service. IIS and Remote Access Service RAS
- Assist staff with the installation, configuration, and ongoing usability of desktop computers, peripheral equipment and software within established standards and guidelines.
- Work with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software.
- Train and orients staff on use of hardware and software
Environment: Hardware: IBM Compatible PCs, CISCO Routers/Switches, Windows NT 4.0/2000 Server, Win 2000 Professional, Win 95/98/ME, Novell Netware Servers, HP Servers, and LINUX Servers