Senior IT Management Professional with 20 years of experience concentrated in the planning and implementation of IT services within all phases of the System Development Lifecycle utilizing project and service level management capabilities. Certified and experienced in applying Waterfall PMP and Agile Project Management methods and best practices. Experienced in ITIL v3 service methodologies and application. Proven experience influencing the organic growth of Service Management based best practices in a maturing environment.
- Project planning and implementation of IT architecture within all phases of the Project and System Development Lifecycle utilizing project and service level management capabilities.
- Application of analytical processes supporting the planning, development, implementation and operation of information systems.
- Project planning, execution and finalization in the development, implementation of hardware and software systems within expected timelines and budget.
- Delivery of customer support services utilizing ITIL lifecycle methodologies. Strong experience within the areas of operations, transition and service design spaces.
- Strong relationship and communication experience with stakeholders, business leaders and vendors.
- Strong experience in leadership of operational and engineering management of DEVOPS teams in a project team environment
- Fourteen years of experience in the hiring, development, mentoring and evaluation of IT project team members.
- Sponsored and led project efforts to improvethe capacity and availability of Business Intelligence systems operated by Allegis Group supported operating companies. This effort removed chronic availability issues from the enterprise environments which improved Business Intelligence services.
- Performed the role of incident manger during widespread outages impacting operating organizations supported by Allegis Group. Efforts managing these outages successfully returned the enterprise to normal operating conditions.
- Performed the role of problem manager leading teams through analysis exercises resulting in planned measures identifying and removing root causes.
- Sponsored multiple projects geared to support changes to requirements towards capacity and availability service design areas resulting in decreased outages to enterprise business systems.
- Established and maintained relationships with key customers resulting in increased knowledge of customer pain points and improved time to market needs for deliverables as well as decreased hand-holding time.
- Worked with customers to transition routine, low risk changes into standard changes. This reduced the number of Change Control Board approvals needed and in turn reduced time ofdelivery.
- Worked with key sourcing resources to establish an event monitoring practice. The practice has enhanced event management capabilities resulting in increased team efficiency and responsiveness towards incident management. Additionally, access to trending information has facilitated more proactive capacity management measures.
- Worked to formalize IT-initiated projectsso that they are managed through the PMO process. IT projects facilitated by the PMO led to cost savings and has brought awareness to the business of the need for and impact of IT sponsored initiatives.
Manager IS Database Services
- Managed a project toimplement an Enterprise Monitoring practice utilizing offshore third party venders with the goal of improved notification workflows to IT operations. The success of the projectresulted in an increase to responses to notifications by eliminating failed escalations via automated technology.
- Established processes and protocols that improved communication and delivery of test data refreshes to non-customer facing database environments.
- Improved processes within the team resulting in improved accountability of incident, problem and change order management.
- Formulated efforts to enhance database monitoring through the deployment of agentless software which removed single points of failure fromdatabase monitoring agents installed locally.
- Managed a project toreduce out of support and legacy database systems, resulting in decreased software license costs and increasing support avenues to achieve business expectations.
- Managed offshorevirtual teamsimproving response times to support incidents occurring outside standard US business hours.
IS Manager Enterprise Operations
- Manageda project to implement an Enterprise Monitoring system which established notification workflows improving support team response rates.
- Led a team to analyze and design a storage system which increased availability and capacity to existing enterprise systems. This effort reduced the number of outages previously experienced by the business due to high utilization of database Input/output operations.
- Initiated and managed a project to consolidate 325 database servers to 4 database servers utilizing high availability clustering and virtual desktoptechnology reducing the amount of hardware and licenses deployed within the enterprise. Considerable cost savings were realized.
- Initiated and managed a project to migratelegacy SQL Server 2000 databases to SQL Server 2008 R2. The results of this project provided better support capabilities and modernized application service delivery.
- Led the technical planning to deploy high availability solutions to support business availability requirements for critical training applications supporting 35000 users.
IS Project Manager Program Management
- Managed an ERP performance projectto address concerns with transactional response times of project and accounting teams. Upon project completion the transaction speeds of the ERP system responded within newly stated capacity and availability requirements.
- Managed BI application projects to improve department capabilities within financial and accounting spaces.
- Managed an ERP project to provide regulatory compliance, data archivingfor the corporate ERP system SAP .Upon project completion thesystem met financial compliance and data archival requirements.
- Project Manager leading a business continuity / disaster recovery project. The results of this project established a disaster recovery framework,procedures, and put in to place technology to allow continued operations of identified service areas within the organization.
- Project Manager leading a team to provideimplementation of a Business Intelligence serviceutilizingSAP. The results of this project enhancedbusinessdecision making capabilities.
IS Services Manager
- Managed a project movinga corporate datacenter to another location with more physical space and improved environmental conditions.
- Planned and implemented a migration of RWD's Enterprise Project Management System from a standalone database system to a high availability database system.
- DBA responsible for performance, security, disaster recovery and operational supporton all Enterprise Databases.
- Routinely reviewed enterprise infrastructure capacity and availability requirements in order to maintain service expectations within a 24/7 business environment.