- Experience in Tier II ISP Routing Policies.
- Experience working with JUNOS OS on Juniper Routers and Switches.
- Strong hands on experience of over 8 Years in installing, configuring , and troubleshooting Cisco hardware including 7600, 7200, 3800, 3600, 2800 2600series Routers.Nexus 7010, 7004 and 7009. Cisco Catalyst switches 6500, 4500, 4900 3750.
- Extensive experience in configuring and troubleshooting of routing protocols RIP, EIGRP, OSPF and BGP.
- Worked on networks with WAN protocols such as MPLS, HDLC, PPP Frame Relay.
- Switching tasks include VDC, VPC, VTP, ISL/ 802.1q, VLAN, Ether Channel, LACP, STP and RST
- VPN technologies like IPSec and SSL.
- Worked on Routers Switches: GSR 12000, 2900 3900, 7200, 7600, ASR 1002. 6500, 4506, 4510, Nexus 7000
- Experience in configuring Site-to-site and remote access VPN solutions.
- Worked on Gateway Redundancy protocols like HSRP GLBP.
- Implemented traffic filters using Standard and Extended access-lists, Distribute-Lists, and Route Maps.
- Experience in installing and configuring DHCP services using Cisco Devices.
- Experience testing Cisco routers and switches in laboratory scenarios and then deploy them on site for production.
- In depth understanding of IPV4, TCP UDP.
- Provides technical leadership for problem escalation and resolution.
- Worked on F5 Load Balancers Configuring Irules, Profiles, Nats/Snats, Load Balancing.
- Provided Tier2 LAN WAN operational support to network call center supporting the remote, domestic and international offices.
- Configuring Load Balancing modes, Logical and relational Operations using Irules .
- Configuring Monitoring Address check , Content Check .
- Configuring Redundant pairs and High Availablity.
- Experience in Cisco Call Manager Version 9.1.1.
- Setting up of load balancers configuring Nodes, Pools, virtual servers
- Assigning Monitors to pool and pool members.
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently or as an integral part of a team and Committed to highest levels of professional.
- Good knowledge and experience in Installation, Configuration and Administration of Windows Servers 2000/2003, Active Directory, FTP, DNS, DHCP, TFTP,DMVPN, Linux OS under various LAN and WAN environments
- Experience with tools Solarwinds, Splunk, Infoblox, ManageEngine, RSA Security Console, Kiwi Syslog, WhatsUpGold.
- Experience in configuring Wireless 5508 Controllers and Wireless WAP's.
- Maintaining and updating inventory of all network hardware, Management and Monitoring by use of SSH, Syslog, SNMP, NTP.
- Switching related tasks included implementing VLANS and configuring ISL trunk on Fast-Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet channel between switches.
- Configuring and testing Multicast for both IPv4 and IPv6 routing in Data Center Environment.
- Dealt with creating VIP virtual servers , pools, nodes and applying Irules for virtual servers like cookie persistency, redirection of the URL.
- Configuration of Bluecoat SG9000 WAN acceleration appliances including WCCP, CIFS and creating/updating overlays.
- Managing a TACACS server for VPN user authentication and network devices authentication
- Involved in designing L2VPN services and VPN-IPSEC authentication encryption system.
- Configuring and troubleshooting Access-lists, Service Policies, NAT rules, Network Object Groups, Service Object Groups on ASA 5585 and 5505 Firewalls.
- Worked on configuring and troubleshooting Nodes, Pools, Profiles, Virtual Servers, SSL Certificates, iRules, and SNATs on the F5 Big IPs using the Web GUI and CLI.
- Worked on Configuration and troubleshooting of VLANs, STP, VTP, UDLD, Trunking, DNS, DHCP, Ether Channels, Access Lists, NAT, PAT, MPLS and static routing.
- Configured and maintained a variety of modules for the 6500 Switch including Sup2, Sup720, and Switch modules for both copper and fiber.
- Configuration of VPC, VDC, inter-VLAN Routing, AAA Security on Nexus 7000.
- Working as a Senior Network Engineer for Los Angeles County, Internal Services Dept.
- Worked on Nexus 7009. Creating Vlans and Vlan Interfaces.
- Created access-lists and access-groups for vlan Interfaces on nexus 7009.
- Worked on F5 Viprion version 11.2.
- Created VCMP Host and Guests, Provisioning of APM , LTM in F5 Viprion.
- Upgraded F5 GTM from 11.2 to 11.5.
- Working on Firewall service module FWSM UPGRADE, FWSM RULESET conversion.
- Configured Listener's, DataCenter's, Wide IP'S, Servers's, Virtual Servers.
- Configured Monitoring for pools and virtual servers.
- Worked on TMSH, Advanced Shell, BIG Ip GUI.
- Written Advanced Shell Scripts for Backing Up every day the F5 Viprion Hosts and Guests VCMP's in FTP Server.
- Worked on tickets in Cherwell Service Management.
- Worked on Migrating from ASA 5540 to ASA 5585.
- Created Virtual Contexts, Vlans, and Interfaces in ASA 5585.
- Configured network access servers for AAA Security Using Juniper IC Infranet Controllers MAG-SM360, MAG-4610.
- Worked on Fex 2248.
- Configuration and troubleshooting on Juniper EX4500 and EX8200 switches
- Opening Ports for SRM Servers and EMC Devices in ASA 5585.
- Dual stack IPv6 implementation to Global Datacenters and WAN endpoints to meet the needs of our customers' development requirements and testing.
- Configuration of CSS Load Balancer Content, Service, VIP, and Keepalive.
- Upgraded Cisco Waas Image to 4.17b and Bios Upgrade 5.2 15427 .
- Configuring and troubleshooting IP Multicasting PIM DVMRP MBGP.
- Creating Change Management for Router IOS upgrades and downgrades
- Troubleshooting and installing of CRS, ISR, GSR, ASR9000 and Nexus 7010 and 7009 devices.
- Implementing Cisco Wireless access points using LEAP and Cisco Radius for authentication, greatly increasing Wireless security
- Provided full visibility and notification of authorized and unauthorized network access with integration of CISCO ASA and NAC solution
- Configuring Metro Ethernet, SONET/SDH, T1/T3 and Serial interfaces under different L2 technologies like frame relay, PPP.
- Worked on Infoblox for creating the DNS entries, A records and CNAMEs
- Troubleshoot problems on a day to day basis provide solutions that would fix the problems within their Network.
Working as Network Engineer for MetraRail as a part of ASTcorporation.
- Day to Day Activities include troubleshooting of network's configured OSPF,BGP routing with IPV6,IPv4 addressing and Switching redundancy protocols HSRP,VRRP and looping prevention mechanisms like STP,BPDU guard and broadcast storm control.
- Implemented VRRP and GLBP for Default Gateway Redundancy.
- Installed and maintained routers and switches in various network configurations supported VLANs, Qos, VoIP, and advanced access-lists.
- Configured Cisco ASR, ISR 2800 3800 series routers with OSPF as an enterprise IGP, Created Stub Areas configured Summarization for effective Routing. Used Route Maps, Distributed Lists, and Route-Distribution to manage network traffic.
- Created Business cases for hardware refreshment for: BigIP Load Balancers, Proxy-BlueCoats, RSA-Envision Cisco Routers, and Switches.
- Configured capwap ap on AIR-LAP1142N and AIR-LAP1131AG.
- Configured the F5 LTM both by the GUI and tmsh scripts
- Configured 5508 wireless controllers.
- Secured network access with Cisco Secure RADIUS/ TACACS .
- Creating Rules, Filter and Actions on Kiwi Syslog tool and setting up of logging on Network Devices.
- Worked on implementing tools like Switchport Mapper, IPAM, Bandwidth Monitoring and Network Monitoring in ManageEngine OPUtils.
- Worked on tools like Wireshark, HttpWatch,
- PRTG Administrator: Troubleshooting PRTG Snmp Credentials and Adding Sensors and Network Devices to the PRTG Tool as per the requirement.
- Configuring Access lists on the Firewalls and routers.
- Configured Radius Clients and Servers in Network Policy Server
- Implementing the firewall changes for the migration from Postini to Google.
- Support networking needs for 2000 users in multiple offices, Call Centers, and remote users.
- RSA Administrator: Responsible for supporting Tokens for the Users. Created and removed User ID's from RSA Security Console. Working on Providing RSA 2 factor authentication SecureID VPN Key to the end users.
- Configured DHCP scope into Infoblox for new sites which includes subnets for wireless, voice, security and data and also use to bind/fixed the ip address with particular Mac address.
- Troubleshooting and Configuring Anyconnect Vpn for Users.
- Worked on ACE load balancers. Experience with F5 load balancers - LTM, GTM series like 6400, 6800, 8800 for the corporate applications and their availability
- Configuration of Barracuda Load Balancers.
- Coordinated with CROS team in troubleshooting the tickets.
- Working and Troubleshooting on creating L2 and L3 Vlan's.
- Involved in designing L2VPN services and VPN-IPSEC authentication encryption system.
- Troubleshooting the T1 lines, coordinating with the Service Provider for the connectivity Issues.
- Worked on configuring Uplogix Terminal Server.
- Performed new additions VIPs, Pools, Virtual Servers, and Monitors to the F5 BigIP LTM load balancer.
- Configuring and troubleshooting Ezvpn VPNClient Server on ASA 5505 With the 5520 as at Primary and DR Site and ASA 5505 at the end stations.
- Worked on IOS and Catalyst Switches.
- Configuring vdc, vpc in M N7k-M224XP-23L Series and F N7k-F248XP-25E series Line cards.
- Working on Nexus 7004 Switch.
- Worked on PIX, ASA 5505 and ASA 5520.
- Worked on 6509 Switches with Supervisor Engine 2.
- Working on 3750, 3560, 3550, 2950, 6509 Switches.
- Working on Cisco 3845, 7206, 2621, 2801 Routers.
- Checkpoint Level3 operations support with hardware operations fixed all problems RMA's, taking any escalations that dealt with the equipment and its connection: interfaces, VLAN's, routes, etc.
- Worked on configuration and troubleshooting of Remote Access SSL and IPSec VPNs for employees and site to site connections.
- Configured maintenance of Riverbed Steelheads for WAN Optimization
- Implemented Positive Enforcement Model with the help of Palo Alto Networks.
- Physically assembled Firewalls, IDS/IPS, and Nexus 7ks and assisted in Rack -n-stack within the Data Center.
- Implemented IDS/IPS on dedicated IDS/IPS 4260, software based IOS based IPS on Cisco 1921.
- Configured BPDU Guard, port-fast, uplink fast and other spanning tree features.
- Built DMVPN tunnels between HQ Datacenter and branches to enable connectivity or redundancy.
- Configured Multicasting protocol for IPTV and Multicast over GRE tunnels
- Implemented of name resolution using WINS DNS in TCP/IP environment.
- Perform configuration of LAN WAN technologies such as Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, and Gigabit Ethernet.
- Follow process procedures for change configuration management.
- Worked on Cisco Routers, Active /Passive Hubs, Switches, Juniper SRX firewall, VPN Concentrators TCP/IP, NAT and Checkpoint ESX/GSX firewall.
Working as Network Engineer for ACI Payment Systems.
- Configuring DMVPN's on HUB routersto the customer Routers.
- Configured VRF's on the routers to create a separate environment.
- Configuration of Fabric path and connectivity between Nexus 5K and Nexus 7k
- Configuration and installation of Nexus 5k
- Studying the present architecture and help in migration of servers from present environment.
- Worked on F series module on Nexus 7010.
- Configured contexts on ASA 5540, 5520, 5510.
- Configured Rservers, Server Farms, Policy Maps, Class maps on ACE 4710.
- Configured ACL's and opening Ports on ASA Firewalls.
- Worked on troubleshooting the connectivity to servers on Fabric path.
- Implemented L3 SVI's and L2 vlans, Inter Vlan Routing and HSRP configuration in Nexus on F series module.
- Had worked on ASR9K running native IOS-XR
- Planned and implemented OSPF protocol and internet IBGP and EBGP peering relationship with other ISP.
- Configured and managed Blue Coat Proxy Servers
- Configured IPSec site-to-site VPN connection between Cisco VPN 3000 Concentrator and Cisco 3800 Router/ Microsoft VPN Server in order to access certain limited network resources from customer locations.
- Dealt with Cisco IP phones and VOIP devices and configured Voice VLAN's for Prioritizing voice on the network and did the documentation accordingly with changes.
- Worked extensively in Configuring, Monitoring and Troubleshooting Cisco's ASA 5500/PIX security appliance, Failover DMZ zoning configuring VLANs/routing/NATing with the firewalls per design
- Upgraded Nexus OS on Nexus5k.
- Troubleshoot and Worked with Security issues related to Cisco ASA/PIX , Checkpoint, IDS/IPS and Juniper Netscreen firewalls.
- Designed QoS policies for critical applications based on business requirements and traffic patterns.
- Involved in troubleshooting of DNS, DHCP and other IP conflict problems
- Worked on Migration on Network environment from cisco 3750 stack to the cisco 4500 and helped in tracing the cables and setting up the the new architecture Racking and cabling the devices.
- Configured the Voice VLAN's VOIP and Prioritizing the voice traffic over the data traffic.
- Worked on Riverbed devices for WAN bandwidth Optimization in the data centers for the sensitive market data applications
- Manage Juniper SRX as next generation IGRs, Use for Big Pond as well as any ISP solution.
- Configured the vips, pools, irules and profiles on F5 LTM 10.x and 11.x version.
- Configured VLANs with 802.1q tagging. Configured Trunk groups, ether channels, and Spanning tree for creating Access/distribution and core layer switching architecture.
- Troubleshoot all Tier 2 customer issues on the variants of Palo Alto Networks firewalls in Enterprise.
- Convert Branch WAN links from TDM circuits to MPLS and to convert encryption from IPSec/GRE to GetVPN.
- Configure VRRP GLBP and VLAN Trunking 802.1Q, STP, Port Security on Catalyst 6500 switches.
- Experience in managing and securing remote access through designing and implementing various VPN technologies including IPSec, SSL MPLS, Frame relay.
- Configuration of Cisco Waas Policy Engine, Classifier, Inline with the network.
- Worked on Network tools Solarwinds, Splunk, BMC, Infloblox.
- Configuration of Digiconsole to centrally manage the Network devices.
- Actively participated in upgrading metro Ethernet, Layer 3 switched/routed LAN infrastructure from Cisco 3640 to Cisco 2811 ISR routers and switches at access level to 2950, 3550.
- Monitored ticket system for any incident ticket, responded and worked on resolving the ticket within SLA metrics
- Opened tickets with Cisco to troubleshoot various issues.
- Configured Private Vlans on the catalyst switches.
Working as Network Architect
- Worked on Cisco ASR 1000 EMS for protocol monitoring, session monitoring and auditing and network troubleshooting.
- Worked on configuring and managing wireless access points of multiple vendors like Cisco , Avaya and Aruba.
- Designed new Network Implementation with the core switch and Aggregation Switch as Nexus 7010.
- Has Performed Due diligence and prepared network documentation to implement Network Migration.
- Worked on various Nexus Products Nexus 7010, Nexus 7009, Nexus 2248.
- Created VDC's and vPC's and ensure that those vPC's are formed between VDC's.
- Created vPC's between downstream devices between core and Aggregation Switches and between Aggregation and Fabric Interconnect.
- Worked onPort Groups on M Series Module andF Series Module for Nexus 7010 and Nexus 7009.
- Involved in designing a global MPLS network liaising with other ISP's and part of the network team for IP deployment.
- Worked on troubleshooLOADting the connectivity to servers with fabric extenders.
- Implemented L3 SVI's and L2 vlans, Inter Vlan Routing and HSRP configuration in Nexus on M series module.
- Configured and troubleshoot Cisco PIX, ASA, FWSM, ACE, Nexus 1000v, and Juniper platforms in a multi-tenant infrastructure.
- Replaced aging Checkpoint firewall architecture with new next generation Palo Alto appliances serving as firewalls and URL and application inspection.
- Upgraded Nexus OS 5.3 to 6.0 3 .
- Coordinating with service providers for WAN link termination on the DC.
- Worked on presenting HLD and LLD documents to the customer.
- Worked on MPLS-VPN designs and MPLS-QoS for the migration of Frame relay to MPLS system.
- Configured and tested the MSAP infrastructure which includes Metro Ethernet line, dot1q, Vlan and MST configurations in existing RXN Setup.
- Has knowledge on configuring Service Class Policies on Branch Repeater in the design.
- Implemented EIGRP internally between VDC's and externally Between Nexus and Service Provider Routers.
- Configured and set up of Juniper SRX firewalls for policy mgmt. and Juniper SSL VPN's
- Configured Firewall logging, DMZs related security policies monitoring
- Worked in Assigning new IP Schema in the New DC build.
- Working in Establishing a Layer3 Connectivity between DC's by changing the IP Schema.
- Experience in Wireless LAN IEEE 802.11 and deployment of Aruba wireless controller and access-point.
- Configured firewalls Cisco 5500 series, Palo Alto firewall, Sonic WALL , intrusion detection systems OSSEC, Snort and other network security devices
- Worked in due diligence to help migrate servers from pune to Atlanta.
- Created HSRP between Switches with various priorities.
- Worked on Nortel switches while performing due diligence and Enabled span ports to verify the port level communication between various devices for ADM Tool.
- Performed Port channeling and LACP between downstream devices for vPC configuration.
- Check for DNS issues by pinging the server's name. Experience with Wireshark, TestTCP OPNET.
- Designed the uplinks and downlinks to maintain the stability in the Network Architect.
- Configured 2911 Terminal Server for out of band management with MENU commands.
- Performed SNMP Configuration, Port mirroring, in Nortel Switches.
Environment: Cisco 3750/3550/3500/2960 switches and Cisco 3640/12000 /7200/3845/3600/2800 routersCiscoNexus 7K/5K, 2248/3560/5020/6509, Cisco ASA5510, Checkpoint, Aruba Controllers 6000, 3600, 3400,650
Worked as Network Operations Engineer
- Designed and implemented WAN failover solution to reduce network downtime in stores and Head office using DMVPN tunnels/ VRRP
- Implemented new POPs using Juniper MX240 PE MX480 aggregation supporting MPLS VRF with iBGP, ISIS iBGP route reflectors
- Create and test Cisco router and switching operations using OSPF routing protocol, ASA Firewalls, and MPLS switching for stable VPNs.
- Designed and installed new Branch network systems. Resolved network issues, ran test scripts and prepared network documentation.
- Ensure problems are satisfactorily resolved in a timely manner with focus on providing a high level of support for all customers.
- Once trouble ticket has been created keep customer informed of status of ticket and estimated time to repair.
- Coordinating with service providers for WAN link outages.
- Checking and configuring Cisco 7613 routers at data center for remote sites' issues.
- Working on Cisco 6509 and 4507 series switches for LAN requirements, that includes managing VLANs, Port Security and troubleshooting LAN issues.
- Configured OSPF as IGP in the network and eBGP between Service Providers and Internal edge Routers.
- Worked with all types and 'layers' of devices, backbone, access and edge, firewalls. Juniper MX and T series, custom CPE platforms.
- Designed and Implemented Cisco PIX525 and ASA5520 firewall's interfaces with FTP, DNS, HTTP servers on DMZ with different security levels
- iBGP between our Edge Routers to maintain redundancy.
- Involved in Configuring and implementing of Composite Network models consists of Cisco7600, 7200, 3800 series and ASR 9k, GSR 12K routers and Cisco 2950, 3500, 5000, 6500 Series switches.
- Involved in troubleshooting of DHCP and other IP conflict problems.
- Performed switching technology administration including VLANs, inter-VLAN routing, Trunking, STP, RSTP, port aggregation link negotiation.
- Configuration of Access List ACL Std, Ext, Named to allow users all over the company to access different applications and blocking others.
- Enterprise Switching with VLANs, Trunks, Spanning Tree, Port Spanning etc.
- Configured Load Balancer viz. F5 LTM
- Configured Firewall cisco ASA 5510.
- Responsibilities also include technical documentation of all upgrades done
- Attending meetings and technical discussions related to current project.
Worked as Network Engineer for Client projects, by providing support for Network deployments
- Worked on Cisco Layer 2 switches spanning tree, VLAN .
- Deployed and troubleshoot LAN, WAN, Frame-Relay, Ether-channel, IP Routing Protocols - RIPV2, OSPF, EIGRP BGP , ACL's, NAT, VLAN, STP, VTP,DOT1x, HSRP, Sonet POS OCX GLBP.
- Migration of RIP V2 to OSPF, BGP routing protocols.
- Configured EIGRP for Lab Environment.
- Implemented ISL and 802.1Q for communicating through VTP.
- Working with Client teams to find out requirements for their Network Requirements.
- Designing solutions for frozen requirements using Cisco Routers and Switches.
- Deploying the network infrastructure to meet the requirements
- Created VLAN and Inter-Vlan routing with Multilayer Switching.
- Providing technical consultancy for better application response using QoS
- Monitor performance of network and servers to identify potential problems and bottleneck.
- Involved in SNMP Network management. Worked on various scanning and sniffing tools like Ethereal.
- Performed RIP, OSPF, BGP EIGRP routing protocol administration.
- Installed wireless access points WAP at various locations in the company.
- Maintained redundancy on Cisco 2600, 2800 and 3600 router with HSRP.
I worked as a Technical Engineer and provided consultation services to many of Wipro's global clients. The job included designing, deployment, maintenance and optimization of various Wipro clients.
- Maintenance, Optimization, and Support of Hines Global Network which comprises over 120 Sites globally. The WAN Core includes Cisco 7204, Cisco 3662, and Cisco 3640 routers. Regional field locations have Cisco 3640s, and sites in those regions use Cisco 2611s. The entire Global WAN is comprised of Site-to-Site VPN with core data centers in Houston, Dallas, and London. All data connections are ISP connections at 128k ISDN, 384k DSL, and Frac-T1/Full-T1.
- Planned, Implemented, and optimized network operations monitoring, optimization, and management tools such as Cisco Works, Cisco Secure ACS, What's Up Gold, and Solar Winds Internetwork Performance monitor.
- Performed IOS and Hardware upgrades on Core routers and field routers.
- Implemented redundant Internet connectivity, multi-home to two ISPs using BGP and HSRP resulting in near-zero Internet downtime in major corporate sites
- Provided interim solution to emergency connectivity needs at sites that are scheduled to encounter a circuit cut due to provider filing bankruptcy.
- Configured, installed, managed DHCP, DNS, WINS servers
- Designed and implemented Router and switch fail-over redundancy in Dallas Collocation facility. Assisted in migration of exchange environment to Dallas collocation facility.
- Created, coordinated, and implemented project plans for network changes.
- Efficient in cabling as per co-location contracts with loop-back testing, including all DS1, DS3, T1, T3,CAT 6 and CAT 5 connections as per defined cabling procedures.
- Assisted in a consultative capacity in all change control meetings, and selecting new Global Internet Access Provider.