- Good Communication and Organizational skills.
- Hard worker and able to work under pressure.
- Ability to do documentation and analysis.
- Over 8 years of IT industry experience as a Systems, NAS SAN Administrator, Dev Ops and Production Support of various applications on Sun Solaris, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, AIX, HP-UX, MAC OS and Windows environment. Proficient with programming Languages C and Data Structures, Verilog HDL, VHDL, Shell scripting. Familiar with CAD tools from Cadence, Xilinx, Lab VIEW, Matlab and Simulink, PLC Programming. Familiar with the Operating systems like Linux Redhat, OEL, SUSE, Ubuntu , UNIX Solaris, HPUX, AIX
- Experience in Installation, Configuration, Implementation, Crash Recovery, Maintenance, Tuning, Security Setup troubleshooting of Red Hat Linux, HPUX Solaris.
- Working experience on Red hat Linux AS and ES 3.x, 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, HP-UX 10.x, 11.x Solaris 8, 9 10.
- Experienced in Amazon EC2 setting up instances, virtual private cloud VPCs , and security groups.
- Working on Service Guard, logical volume mirroring and XP storage to assist with data analysis and prep work for data migrations.
- Also assisting with data migration. Migrations of HP-UX and Solaris servers some clustered from XP to P9500.
- Involved in building HPUX 11.x servers on PA-RISC and Itanium HW, Experience in implementing MC Service Guard clustering for Oracle and ERP Applications.
- Expertise in Installing, Configuring and Trouble-Shooting Application Servers like IBM Websphere 3.5/4.0/5.0, BEA Weblogic and Web Servers like IBM HTTP Web Server, iPlanet WebServer, Apache, WebServer on Linux and Windows 9X/200X.
- Experienced in Redhat LVM, VERITAS Volume Manager, HPUX LVM, Veritas Cluster Server, VxFs, SVM and also involved in SAN Migrations at Host level.
- Expertise in implementation and maintenance of DHCP, NFS, NIS, DNS and Apache SMTP.
- Expertise in Volume management, Disk Management, software RAID solutions using Veritas Volume manager and HPUX LVM.
- Automation scripts for weekly and monthly backups in perl and shell to perform migration tasks.
- Launching Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Images Linux/ Ubuntu and Configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- Experience working with HW like HP Proliant DL 360, 380 G4, G5 G6 and Blade Centers like C3000 C7000.
- Experience managing networking and Storage on HP Blade centers using HP Virtual Connect on Cisco Network and Fabric switches.
- Experience in Linux-based Virtualization implementations such as VMWare and Xen.
- Extensive working experience working with VMWare ESX 3.5 vSphere 4.0 running on HP and Dell HW.
- Experience using vSphere and VI Client tools to access ESX servers and create and manage VM's on ESX servers.
- Experience in Configuring and Monitoring using NAGIOS, NAGVIS, NDOUTLS, ZENOSS, and MRTG.
- Experience in configuring Kickstart Jumpstart servers and experience working with Images and Flash Archives.
- Experience with Hitachi, HP and EMC SAN and also Disk Array based Environments and involved in SAN migration on Linux and HPUX hosts.
- Experience with LDAP implementations.
- Experience with User Account Administration
- Experience in Configuring and maintaining LAN and WAN networks.
- Experience in working with LDAP/DNS/NIS/NIS services.
- Installation, Configuration and Administration of HP Data Protector Veritas NetBackup.
- Excellent Knowledge in Capacity Planning and Performance tuning.
- Experience in Configuration and Administration Patch and Packages management.
- Expertise in Monitoring system Access and Monitoring servers by using CA and Tivoli Tools
- Experience in trouble shooting and Performance tuning by working closely with Application, Database, Network and Storage Teams.
- Configured Clusters, Load-balancing, High availability and fail-over solutions Web Server plugins for Web Logic application server.
- Experience in understanding, helping in the design and configuring of building the Application servers like SAP, ORACLE and Web logic Environments.
- Implemented file sharing on the network by configuring NFS on the system to share essential resources.
- Experience working on boot loaders like GRUB and LILO and also upgrading Kernel on Redhat Linux servers.
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving network issues related to the servers.
- Experience in Documentation on clients requirements and System Specifications.
- Involved in Team building Migration projects, project implementation, analytical, interpersonal and communication Skills.
- Resolving issues that may have arisen during this complicated process.
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
Role: Sr. Unix Administrator
- Working on Service Guard, logical volume mirroring and XP storage to assist with data analysis and prep work for data migrations. Also assisting with data migration. Migrations of HP-UX and Solaris servers some clustered from XP to P9500.
- Working on Migration of Data using Online Data Migration process.
- Working On HP storage Arrays such as :- XP12000, XP24000, P9500
- Working on Brocade Switches Such as:- DCX, 5100, 5300, 48000 and other departmental switches.
- Migration of data from 13 storage arrays XP12000 and XP 24000 to the two storage array P9500
- Migration of over 545 Unix servers HP-UX 11.1, 11.2, 11.3, Solaris, Linux from the older XP arrays to the new P9500's.
- Migration of Windows servers from XP arrays to P9500
- Creation of SMART tier pools on P9500 storage arrays
- Creation of LDEVS and Allocations for each server on all arrays
- Creation of Design documents and checklists for data migration for each migration type
- Upgrading Raid manager on all Unix servers involved in the migration
- Trouble shooting all the issues pertaining to data migration and managing SAN Storage.
- Managing SAN fabric and Zoning for migration of servers.
Role: Sr. Unix Administrator
- Trained by HP in their Scale-out Network Attached Storage NAS Solution X9000 Comprising X9300, X9320, X9720 X9730 8800 8200 which deals with the Hardware like HP c6000 c7000 Blade enclosures with BL 460s G6 , G7 with Storage Enclosure for X9730 X9720, and DL 380s G6, G7 with Storage arrays for X9320 and X9300 Gateway, Supported HP SAN XP P9000, P9500 connected to HPUX 11.x, Linux and Solaris OE. Experience with HP 3Par StoreServ 7000, 7220, 7440, 7460, 10000. My primary role in this job is to provide support and perform migrate Functionalities of the Fusion clustered File System product X9000 IBRIX with support for features which include:
- Design and develop capabilities to the file system specifically with the CIFS/SMB protocol and Active Directory integration.
- Providing Consultation on the complex HP Store Products like NAS X SAN XP devices and OE like HPUX and Linux servers connected to SAN NAS environments.
- Responsibilities include making the SMB implementation robust and high performance, scalable name space management with dynamic load balancing support in the file system and enabling Active Directory integration.
- Involved in performing Storage migration using LVM on HPUX and Redhat Servers.
- Efficiency in installing, configuring and implementing the RAID 0,RAID 1,RAID 5 Technologies using various tools like Linux, HPUX VERITAS LVM, Solaris volume manager
- Automation scripts for weekly and monthly backups in perl and shell
- Launching Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Images Linux/ Ubuntu and Configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications
- Carrying out system Integration for HP StoreAll products at customer sites and involved in migrations of HPUX servers connected HP XP SAN Arrays.
- Producing Implementation Steps Documentation.
- Assisting in migrating servers connected to HP XP SAN Arrays and involved in supported HPUX MC Service Guard Clusters.
- Providing remote support for HPUX Linux server migrations using online LVM Migration.
- Extensively involved in troubleshooting bottlenecks of Memory, CPU, Devices and Network using ps, vmstat, iostat, netstat, sar, snoop, nfsstat and sar commands, tuning the performance.
- Provide operational management, technical maintenance, troubleshooting, and tuning of storage architecture and technologies.
- Involved in Hardware and software evaluation, recommendation and vendor management.
- Automation of various administrative tasks on multiple servers using Puppet.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet Dashboard, and Puppet DB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Proficient in installation, configuration and maintenance of applications like Apache, LDAP, PHP.
- Involved installing and managing different automation and monitoring tools on Redhat Linux like Nagios, Splunk and Puppet.
- Planned and deployed NAS, encompassing blueprinting and modeling. Provided 24/7 support and coordinated with third-party vendors to ensure successful implementation.
- Assessed backup environment and proposed recovery strategy to provide complete data protection both on-site and at off-site data warehouse.
- Merged small backup environments and implemented encryption technology for enhanced security.
- Research and develop designs, including strategic roadmap for all infrastructure SAN/storage devices and associated software and tools, ensuring enterprise-wide architecture consistency.
- Write technical documents and developed manual for SAN and NAS.
Role: Systems Engineer III
- Worked as Team Lead and responsible for Design, Implementing, Installing Configuring servers like HP, Dell Sun servers running RHEL, HPUX, Solaris in a complex environment using different Cluster software with EMC Storage.
- Involved in installing, Configuring and administration of Redhat Linux, HPUX 11i V1, Solaris 8, 9, 10 11 servers by using Kickstart, Jump Start Ignite servers and supported various application running on Solaris 8, 9, 10, Red Hat Linux4.x/5.x and VMWare ESX 3.5 4.1.
- Migrated Applications running on Solaris8, 9, 10 11, HPUX to Redhat Linux Environment. Worked on Patch and Package administration, installed various third party tools on servers and Mirrored root disks on all the servers by using Redhat LVM, Solaris volume manager HPUX LVM. Installed and configured HBA card in SAN storage.
- Responsible for servicing trouble-ticket requests, 3rd-party software installation, and user support, in a homogeneous HPUX, RHEL Solaris environments Involved in preparing Pre Migration and Post migration documents.
- Experience Installing working with Open Migrator and Power Path and Data migration using Redhat LVM Veritas Enterprise Administration and Created LVM for Linux servers and performing actions like extending Volume group, Logical Volume and file system and also Installed and configured HBA card in SAN storage.
- Experience installing yum and configuring repository and satellite servers on Redhat Linux servers, Managing Multipathing softwares like EMC Power path, Redhat Linux Native multipathing and HPUX Alternative Links.
- Worked on C7000, C6000 Blade enclosures with x86 blades and HP BL20 ,BL 40 generation 2,3,4 Blades and experience with working on on board Administrator and HP Virtual connect.
- Responsible for Commissioning EMC storage CX4-120 and Celerra NAS devices.
- Configuring SUDO and granting root permission to users for performing various activities. Worked on Solaris 10 Zones, Containers, SMF etc.
- Installation of SSH and configuration of key based authentication, File system tuning, growing, and shrinking with VERITAS File system 3.5/4.x.
- Installation of Web Sphere, installed related patches, configured and creating new admin managed servers, start stop Web sphere server.
- Provided 24X7 support for various Production, Development and Test servers, Supported a Data Center consisting of more than 1000 servers.
- Worked on HP Service Manager for Incident, Change Management and participated in Root Cause analysis of recurring issues, documented all the activities.
Role: Sr. Infrastructure Engineer.
- Installation of Solaris 8, 9 based servers with Jumpstart and redhat Linux EL 5.x based servers using Kickstart and HPUX servers with Ignite servers in development, test and production environments.
- Performed project coordination function for evaluation, installation, monitoring, and maintenance of server software on variety of hardware platforms also responsible for user administration and management using SUDO and RBAC
- Installed/ upgraded patches, firmware OBP , and security Kernel patches for all applications in installed infrastructure.
- Data migration using Redhat LVM HPUX LVM Veritas Enterprise Administration.
- Performed systems monitoring, upgrades, performance tuning and backup and recovery, Troubleshooting and fixing the problems related to systems, software and day to day regular maintenance tasks of the system.
- Worked on C7000,C6000 Blade enclosures with x86 blades and HP BL20 ,BL 40 generation 2,3,4 Blades and installed solaris and Linux on top of blades.
- Responsible for quality reviews and standards and Provided 24x7 on-call / Remote Support for UNIX Production Problems on weekly rotation basis.
- Applying software maintenance, program fixes and keeping the system software releases current by attending the weekly status calls with the Engineering team and offshore team.
Role: Junior Linux / Systems Administrator
- Performed system administration of UNIX servers by using Operating Systems of Solaris, HPUX and Red hat Linux Installed, configured, and maintained WebLogic and Oracle DB Servers on OS Solaris, HPUX and Red hat Linux.
- Performed Decommissioning on Solaris HP-UX Servers.
- Very good knowledge on Advanced Virtualization on Sun Servers using Zones LDoms.
- Working with Engineering Team to build New Linux Servers and Maintained various versions of Linux Servers RHEL 4.6,5.3,5.6 and HPUX11i v1.
- Set up Virtualization that includes Installation and configuration of VMWare ESX3.5 4.0 Server's.
- Experience supporting Clustering softwares like Veritas HP MC Service Guard running on HPUX 11i v1.
- Plan, design, Implementing, Installation and configuration Operating System upgrade on Red Hat Linux 4.0 on HP-Dl585 G3 G4 servers.
- Actively participated Disaster Recovery DR Tests.
- Configuring storage using Logical Volume Management LVM , Installed Veritas Volume Manager 4.1 and created file systems, mirrored and striped volumes
- Performed IBM Total product Storage Installation on different Operating Systems.
- Coordination with off-shore team to implement any changes in production Environment and also Involved in postproduction support for solving complex TICKETS.
- Day-Day application support on production and technical documentation for critical prod issues, On call pager support 24/7 environment