SOFTWARE: PuTTY, SecureCRT,Powershell,Terminal, CMD, Adobe Captivate 6 and 7, Microsoft Lync, Microsoft Exchange,Microsoft Project, 2007 and 2013 Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Office Suite 97, 2003,2007, 2010, and 2013, Microsoft InfoPath, Symantec Backup Exec, Symantec Antivirus Client,BullGuard Antivirus, SilentEye, McAfee Anti-Virus EPO ,Splunk,Dell Open Manager Server and Switch Administration , WinZip,Netmeeting Terminal,Winscp, Notepad , Sublime, VmWare, Hyper-V, SAN HQ, ISCSI Initiator, Dell Lasso,Remedy, SPSS, Service Manager, Blackboard, Questionmark Perception, World App Key Survey, JIRA, Adobe Reader, Meridian,Power Director 8, 10, 11 and 12, and Photo Director 3.
NETWORKING: TCP/IP configuration of Windows Server 2000/2003/2008 R2 /2012 - Experience troubleshooting LAN, Connectivity problems, DHCP, DNS, and Ethernet Dialup, Fast Ethernet, Routers, Wireless Access Point, CAT5e, Patch Panels, Wireshark.
OPERATING SYSTEMS: Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Window Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP, Linux.
- Establish hard and soft quotas for users and servers. Enforced server and drive policies for storage overages and plan and authorize data space on servers.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Research and recommend innovative and automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Perform daily system monitoring by verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible threats or intrusions.
- Perform daily backup operations, to ensure all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, and that recovery tapes are created.
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Provide Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Install and configure systems such as supports information system infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications.
- Upgrade and configure system software that supports information system infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications per project or operational needs.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Perform performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions.
- Support LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and Intranet systems.
- Administer servers, desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, software deployment, security updates and patches.
- Use BigFix and SCCM for software pushes enterprise wide.
- Configure network interface configuration.
- Responsible for server transition and firmware upgrades.
- Lock down servers and workstations via GPO configurations.
- Perform server builds and migrations.
- Responsible for image creation for servers and workstations.
- Manage trouble tickets change management .
- Apply monthly patch management per DISA STIGS.
- Engage with business partners, customers, peers, management, as well as vendors
- Configure and manage separate Virtual Network Environments VNE's .
- Implement IP and VLAN schemas to support operationally realistic VNE's.
BLACKBOARD LEARN AND COLLABORATE
- Install and apply Blackboard Learn and Collaborate patches.
- Provide expert level application support for the Blackboard Learn and Blackboard Collaborate virtual classroom tools and their integration into the Virtual Academy FBI's primary LMS enterprise training system.
- Serve as the resident technical expert on using the Blackboard tools.
- Provide Blackboard Learn and Collaborate support, including system configuration, course design/development/layout, course launching, and course administration import, export, copy, etc .
- Support the instructional designers and faculty in the loading and layout of courses within the Blackboard suite.
- Manage content within the Blackboard system and supported its interface with the FBI's primary learning management system.
- Troubleshoot Blackboard system and courseware problems.
- Serve as Tier 4 helpdesk/server support for Blackboard.
- Support the development, implementation, and enforcement of the FBI's Blackboard courseware standards to achieve consistent look-and-feel for the user base.
- Provide management of Blackboard roles, privileges, and domains for administrators, designers, instructors, and students to insure a secure environment.
- Develop job aids and other reference materials to aid designers, instructors, and students in the use and navigation of the Blackboard system.
- Support instructors with day-to-day Blackboard issues that arise during an instructional cycle pre-course, during course, post-course .
- Mirror all settings and functionality acrossall instances of Blackboard Unclassified, Classified QA, and Production
- Install and apply Qustionmark Perception upgrades.
- Manage and tracked both Browser based and Windows Authoring Manager licenses and user base.
- Work collaboratively with the instructional design team, create assessments and tests for new course development.
- Regularly revised and updated existing test banks and assessments.
- Create assessment strategies according to corresponding learning outcomes and modular topics.
- Work directly within the Questionmark Perception testing environment to transfer newly created testing components into the system.
- Performitem analysis for existing test questions and banks.
- Export and imported QPACKS from one environment to another.
- Generate, interpret, and reported test and item statistics.
- Assist with the maintenance and expansion of the Perception testing database.
- Assist the Office for Test Administration with escalated support cases involving the Perception system.
- Work in coordination with other Assessment Development Specialists, perform advanced log file analysis regarding system errors.
- Serve as Tier 4 helpdesk/server support for QuestionMark.
WORLD APP KEY SURVEY
- Serve as Tier 4 helpdesk/server support for Key Survey.
- Install and apply Key Survey upgrades.
- Manage and tracked Key Survey licenses and user base.
- Log and tracked all key survey support tickets through Service Manager.
- Provide job aids and training to all Key Survey users.
- Identified and tracked all Learning Resource Center LRC issues and statuses, and in generating, editing, reviewing, and providing technical reports to assigned technical source documentation.
- Identified, addressed, and tracked all issues and trouble tickets in Remedy pertaining to infrastructure.
- Developed and maintain policies and procedures, ensuring projects are completed within budget guidelines and maintaining best practices for a Learning Resource Center LRC infrastructure.
- Assisted with program liaison to the Marine Corps Network Operations and Security Command MCNOSC for firewall exemptions, secure socket layer SSL certificates, and security-related matters.
- Supervised and manage all technical employees related to infrastructure.
- Submitted Navy Marine Corps Intranet NMCI Move/Add/Change MAC requests and LRC seat orders and track the delivery and successful install of requested services.
- Informed technical liaison with TECOM G6 on all information technology-related issues to include NMCI seats, functional accounts, hardware, software, and LRC issues.
- Submitted information technology waiver request on behalf of the CDET for information technology procurements. Identified as CDET Information System Management Officer ISMO .
- Corresponded closely with executives of CDET to suggest initiatives that may improve LRC infrastructure and report progress.
- Assisted in design, planning, and implementation of configuration and installation of network systems within the LRC's.
- Coordinated with Business Operations on any funding requirements needed in support of NMCI and/or Learning Resource Center LRC costs.
- Coordinated with CDET PME Courseware Development Branches to assist with software and hardware compliance issues.
- Submitted all NMCI support requests to include cellular, broadband, data, user accounts, etc.
- Maintained CDET website information updates by submitting requests to the CDET-CoTs webmaster.
- Assisted with generating, editing and reviewing technical documentation and providing technical reports as required.
- Maintained Infrastructure chapter of CDET Standard Operating Procedures SOP . Assist TECOM G-4 in keeping the TECOM property book updated by providing them with updated asset ID's, machine names, serial numbers, make/model and types for all LRC's.
- Arranged with base and stations around the world to find possible distance learning facilities to be LRC's.
- Installed CAT5e cable from the patch panel to wall drops for new network connections
- Troubleshot basic network problems, replaced hard drives/CD-ROM/floppy drives, etc.
CDET Student Support Blackboard Specialist
- Gathered and created Blackboard Bb accounts for faculty members and students enrolled in Command and Staff Distance Education Program CSCDEP and Expeditionary Warfare School Distance Education Program EWSDEP .
- Performed the export/import of grades function from Bb into the Marine Corps Learning Management System LMS MarineNet. Solely responsible for maintaining, tracking and updating all student records in MarineNet whose method of completing Officer Professional Military Education OPME is Independent Guided Study IGS .
- Provided daily oversight of Bb and MarineNet student functions. Maintained and performed all batch enrollments, disabling user accounts, resetting passwords, changing grades, entering grades, opening remediation exams, unlocking quizzes, assist with setting exam dates and times using the tool adaptive release and enrolling/disenrolling students in appropriate courses.
- Assisted with testing of electronic material for CSCDEP to be downloaded and viewed by multiple mobile devices from Bb.
- Provided tier I helpdesk support for Bb.
- Made recommendations for improvement of the current CDET Blackboard system to improve functionality and
- dependency and worked with subject matter expert on organization and presentation of content.
- Administered the working of the Bb operations and provided technical support to the users.
- Coordinated with other Bb team members to incorporate new technologies to the Bb system.
- Provided application support to system users by investigation, analysis, and resolution of all problems related to the Blackboard system and its integrated applications.
- Assisted the Operations Officer in maintaining reserve student seminar list ensuring all students meet the requirements set by Marine Corp Mobilization Command MOBCOM funding of students, seminar locations for both Command and Staff College Distance Education Program CSCDEP and EWSDEP.
- Utilized Remedy to answer technical questions or issues within Blackboard or MarineNet.
CDET Student Support Help Desk
- Provided tier 3 helpdesk support for MarineNet users by answering questions regarding MarineNet functionally and OPME program information and completing assigned trouble tickets daily.
- Assisted students through the setup of MarineNet accounts, locating a satellite campus while providing contact information, navigating the CDET website and resetting of their locked accounts.
- Utilized Marine Corps Total Force System MCTFS database to perform diary entries to correct individual records for completed courses offering annual training, self-education bonus points and reserve retirement.
- Responsible for navigating MCTFS system for Marines personal information in order to update MarineNet accounts, as well as provide contact information to the CDET Registrar in order to distribute waiver request status update notifications.
- Researched Diary Feedback Report DFR in order to identify as well as correct failed transactions and to ensure transactions via MarineNet and Marine Corps Training Information Management System MCTIMS have completed successfully and correctly.
- Provided assistance to the CDET MarineNet Officer in processing Training Manager Account requests, managing test accounts for pilot testing, and other requested tasks.
- Prepared PowerPoint slides as required.
- Prepared military correspondence for Administrative Chief's and Deputy Director's signatures.
- Assisted students during check in process, providing forms and explaining procedures.
- Completed required general administrative forms, such as leave, temporary additional duty, and personal change of station authorizations, travel claims and other administrative action forms for students, staff, and faculty.
- Maintained various reports, such as the morning report, to ensure that all students are accounted for.
- Screened attendees at security briefs for appropriate clearances, process forms as required, etc.
- Entered personnel evaluation data into the automated personnel system PES .Monitored physical fitness tests PFT .
- Provided logistics support for battle studies and other field trips, including desert and winter survival exercises.
- Provided transport for activities as necessary. Answer telephones for command deck and sort/distribute mail.
- Provided internal customer service, answering questions and resolving problems, such as pay issues.
- Interfaced is often stressful, requiring mediation between various ranks and units.
- Provided logistics and admin support to high-profile events, such as the Marine marathon and EWS formal graduation and award ceremonies.
- Completed travel orders and complete travel vouchers in Defense Travel System DTS maintain a budget over 500,000 .
- Operated office machines, such as photocopiers, scanners, and personal computers.
- Effectively used the Marine Corps Total Force System MCTFS for day to day command needs.