SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Highly motivated, dependable, and pro-active IT Manager with 14 years experience in mid to large global LAN/WAN environments. Diverse working background and experience in multi-platform environments including VMware ESXi 3-5.5, All Windows Server platforms, UNIX, Linux, and Novell.
IT Manager/ Network Engineer
- Designed and implemented IPVPN network topology to reduce cost and increase efficiency from a legacy MPLS network.
- Implemented SIP trucking to replace PRI communications to reduce cost.
- Virtualized all physical servers using VMware 4.0 then migrated to VMware 5.5
- Migrated a physical Exchange 2003 server to a virtual Exchange 2010 then to Exchange 2013
- Maintained and configured all Cisco routers and switches.
- Configured and migrated existing SQL environments.
- Analyzed and reconfigured existing Active Directory structure it improve security and organization.
- Introduced a real-time Point of Sales system using portable iPhones and iPads. Secured these devices with Sophos Mobile Device Management software package.
- Installed, Configured, and Managed Cisco Call Manager 7.x VoIP phone system, including Unity voice mail and Call Recording.
- Implemented logon policies using Microsoft Group Policy, to provide connection and security to shared resources on the company's network.
- Developed a Zero data loss disaster recovery system using Veem Backup and Replication.
- Installed and configured NSA E5500 Sonicwall Firewall
- Implemented virus protection using Trend Micro client software with real-time server scanning.
- Implemented helpdesk tracking and benchmarking tool Zendesk, to streamline the processes needed to resolve service requests.
- Implemented SharePoint 2012 for Programmer collaboration for internal projects.
- Put documentation polices in place to insure a quality knowledgebase for future IT related issues.
- Implemented real-time server and network device monitoring via Whatsup Gold.
- Scheduled and preformed system maintenance using WSUS and GFI LanGuard.
- Worked with vendors to increase the value of my purchases for the company's IT department.
- Reduced Operational IT budget by over 700,000 in 3 years. Though cost saving and renegotiated vender contracts.
Senior Network Engineer/Backup Disaster Recovery Specialist
- Designed and implemented a disaster and recover business continuity plan.
- Implemented Veem backup to streamline and maintain a zero data loss disaster recovery plan.
- Created and maintained over 30 VM servers.
- Created and maintained an extensive Microsoft Active Directory structure within a multi-forest domain.
- Installed configured and maintained Cisco 3750G/2950 switches. Created and implemented the VLAN scheme to allow for the highest utilization of bandwidth and network security.
- Managed and configured Barracuda web filter 410.
- Utilized Quantum PX506 and Symantec Backup Exec 11D for physical corporate server and workstation backup
- Created MSI packages using Microsoft Visual Studio 2003, for SMS to pushed software installs and upgrades.
- Installed, configured, and maintained IIS 6 servers for company websites, Maintained companies home page using ASP and .NET
- Created maintained multiple SQL servers running SQL 2000 and 2005.
- Managed and monitored network activities using intrusion detection program, Retina.
- Setup, configure, and managed over 30 servers and 2000 user workstations in an Active Directory environment.
- Patch and configure File and Mail Servers Exchange 2000/2003 , install network LAN segmentation devices to include Cisco routers and switches.
- Firewall Administration to include: adding/modifying rule-set and policy changes, adding and deleting user users, investigating and resolve network intrusions occurrences.
- Assist in Network redesign and implementation. Coordinate and implement Disaster Recovery Program and server maintenance via NTbackup and DameWare.
- Provide user Desktop support and remote user assistance.
- Kept desktop computers up to date with hotfixes via SMS.
- Review of network architecture and supervising the installation and implementation of network devices to include routers, switches, bridges, and firewalls, and network interfaces devices.
- Assessment of network topology, including security and redundancy.
- Internal/external network security, auditing and response.
- Deployed multiple Cisco router configurations and installations.
- Provided onsite and remote network management, administration, installation, repair, and maintenance of over 50 Win 2000, NT, Novell, and UNIX servers
- Handled warranty repairs and parts ordering for clients, and supported environments of over 1000 nodes
- Provided system integration, network diagnosis, Scripting, web design and configuration and then recommended solutions to fit the client s needs
- Set up and managed multiple e-mail platforms, Cisco, Active Directory, UNIX WAN and LAN services, DNS, Internet, Intranet, Extranet, Novell 5x, ZENworks, Citrix, and network integration for several companies.
- Setup and managed multiple e-mail platforms, EMC, Compaq servers, Insight Manager, Brocade, Clusters, VPN solutions, and network integration.