- Windows Server 2003 thru 2008 R2, Windows 98 thru Windows 7, Microsoft Office Suite 97 thru 2013, Symantec System Recovery, Lotus Notes, basic C /HTML/CSS/PHP/batch file programming, MOVEit - Ipswitch File Transfer, FTP, Accenture DuckCreek, LogMeIn, VMWare vSphere Client, VMWare vCenter, Active Directory Management and many other software suites/packages
- Experienced in Computer/Server Hardware as well as Networks TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP and setup of small networks such as in small offices or homes including servers, NAS devices, wireless, etc.
- Speak and read both Ukrainian and Russian languages
Software Support Specialist
- Provide front line support to clients for a variety of issues. Calls are taken from tickets submitted to the queue, email, voicemail, and phone calls.
- Provide technical support to internal staff as needed.
Associate Systems Engineer
- Provide server support across the enterprise which consists of servers located in 3 geographic locations as well as a central datacenter. Support requests are handled via a ticketing system and must meet SLA agreements.
- Provide on-call support during scheduled on-call shifts.
- Currently building out/supporting the enterprise server infrastructure for one of the biggest projects in the company and working with the necessary vendor, development and project management teams to meet the time and system requirements.
- Actively participate in the Disaster Recovery testing at a remote location with members from across the enterprise twice a year.
- Responsible for performing data migrations/moves/changes for the development teams to various testing and production environments. Have written many batch files to help automate these tasks.
- Work on servers doing hardware upgrades, installation into racks, decommissioning, and the wiring of servers.
- Primary person for the printing environment of the enterprise. First major project was migrating one of the existing print servers from Server 2003 to Server 2008 and rebuilding many of the queues and fixing other lingering issues.
- Have migrated various servers and their applications from old operating systems such as Windows Server 2000 to Server 2008, etc. which usually involved a great deal of work due to the large jump in versions of IIS, .NET, compatibility issues, etc. Had to find ways to work around issues to meet needs of development staff and end users.
- Responsible for the Symantec System Recovery environment and making sure servers are getting backed up as needed for Disaster Recovery purposes.
- Provide secondary support of the mobile technologies in the company, a duty carried over from my previous position within the company.
- Started as an intern in 2006 and worked my way up to a full-time position in January of 2009.
- Provided Level 2 and sometimes level 1 based on call volume support for all technical requests put into the help desk ticketing system by the help desk. Tickets consisted of PC hardware issues, Citrix connectivity issues XenApp , malware/viruses, browser issues such as Java or other settings, Outlook, and many other issues. This also includes training users on software, processes, etc. I averaged about 100-150 closed 'incidents' a month depending on the number of issues we had. Consistently lead the team or was close to the top each month in successful problem resolutions.
- Excellent knowledge of Dell Optiplex/Dimension desktops, Dell Latitude notebooks and computer hardware in general. Was responsible for upgrading and repairing equipment myself which included issues like broken laptop LCD screens, bad CPU fans, dead motherboards with parts ordered from Dell directly under warranty .
- Worked on various desktop projects which included management of windows updates WSUS and migration to System Center Configuration Manager SCCM , mass computer upgrades/rollouts, whole disk encryption PGP Desktop , etc. I was also the primary contact for many applications homegrown on our side of the three company enterprise and was in charge of making sure the computers running the software on our side were up to date, etc. and worked with the respective staff in the other companies if any issues were encountered.
- Was responsible for creating and maintaining the desktop images used to deploy computers using Acronis Backup and Restore including Universal Restore .
- Wiped computers to meet DOD data wiping regulations in preparation for disposal and/or charity using either Acronis DiskWiper or Darrik's Boot'n'Nuke.
- Implemented and maintained the system that the mail/office services staff uses to send, receive and deliver mail and/or packages. This system consisted of a workstation/server running SQL and two PDA devices running IntelliTrack PackageTrack.
- Was responsible for the day to day mobile needs of internal and field staff as the primary point person for our wireless accounts with Sprint Push-To-Talk phones for maintenance staff and Verizon Blackberry's and Broadband Cards for claims staff as well as maintaining appropriate records for inventory purposes. This included training users on how to use the device, setting up their email, etc.
- Traveled to 21 field sites across the Northeast and worked with another team member on disconnecting those sites from our WAN and migrating them to their own LAN. Access was then givin via secure website to our applications, etc.