- 7 years of experience in Network Implementation, Configuration, Trouble Shooting and maintaining Enterprise Networks by working with multiple vendor Routers, Switches as Network Engineer/Technician.
- Extensive experience in configuring and troubleshooting routing protocols like RIP, EIGRP, OSPF and BGP.
- In-depth knowledge of Protocol Stack and OSI layers and worked extensively in network layer protocols and TCP/IP.
- Experience in implementation, configuration troubleshooting of Ether-channel, STP, RSTP, HSRP, VLAN, VTP and Access Control Lists ACL .
- Extensive hands-on experience on LAN and WAN networks, Cisco routers, switches.
- Understanding of LAN and WAN Internetworking Devices: Functions of Internetworking, Linking Devices Repeaters, Bridges, Routers, and Gateways. Configuring, Routing IP Addresses, Subnetting and knowledge of Frame Relay and ATM Switches
- Expertise in configuration of Cisco Catalyst Switches of 1900, 2900, 3550,3750,4500,6500, Cisco Routers of 1800,2500,2600,2800,3600,3800,7200,7600 IP addressing, Nexus 7 k series.
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in Tier II ISP Routing Policies, Network Architecture, IP Subnetting, VLSM, TCP/IP, NAT, DHCP, DNS, FT1 / T1 / FT3 / T3 Sonet POS OCX / GigE circuits, Firewalls.
- Worked extensively in Configuring, Monitoring and Troubleshooting Cisco's ASA 5500/PIX security appliance,
- Failover DMZ zoning configuring VLANs/routing/NATing with the firewalls as per the design.
- Proficient in Cisco IOS for configuration troubleshooting of routing protocols: MP-BGP, OSPF, LDP, EIGRP, RIP, BGP v4, MPLS.
- Primary responsibility is to design and deploy various network security High Availability products lick Cisco ASA other security products.
- Responsible for Check Point and Cisco ASA firewall administration across global networks.
- Installation, administration, migration and support of Windows NT4.0, Windows 2000, 2003, 2008 and 2012, Win 7/ W2K Professional/Home, Windows 98, Windows XP, Active directory
- Experience in installing and maintaining inventory of Computers hardware, software and licenses.
- Experience in technical documentation with change management.
- Hands on experience in using various Network Monitoring and Packet Sniffing tools.
- Experience within a large, Windows Linux-based Data Center environment.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational communication, customer service presentation skills.
- Excellent customer management/resolution, problem solving and debugging skills with good verbal/written communications and presentation skills.
- Member of IEEE
Hardware: Cisco Routers: 1800, 2500, 2600, 2800, 3600, 3800, 7200,7600 ASR 1000 series.
Cisco Switches: 2900, 3500, 4000, 4500, 5000, 6500.
Routing: BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, IGRP, RIPv2, BGPv4, MP-BGP, Static Routing, Redistribution, Route Summarization
Switching: Ether-channel, STP, RSTP, VTP, VLANs.
Redundancy: HSRP, VRRP, RPR, NSF/NSR.
Security: ACLs, NAT, PAT, VLAN, Cisco FWSM/PIX/ASDM/ASA.
Various Features Services: TCP/IP, LAN, WAN, IP Subnetting, VLSM, VLAN, Inter-VLAN Routing, Frame-Relay, PPP, HDLC, DHCP, DNS, ICMP, UDP, SNMP.
Operating Systems: CISCO IOS, CAT OS, Linux
Network Tools: Wireshark, Network Time Machine, QIP
Network Simulators: Packet Tracer, GNS3
Documentation: MS Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio
Role: Network Engineer
- Configuring, managing and troubleshooting networks using routing protocols like BGP, RIP, EIGRP and OSPF Single Area and Multi Area .
- Worked on various point to point SONET links such as OC3, OC12, STM-1.
- Troubleshoot latency and throughput issues on MPLS and Dedicated Internet Access circuits.
- Configured and resolved various OSPF issues in an OSPF multi area environment.
- Involved in migration from Frame-Relay/ATM network to MPLS-based VPN for customer's WAN infrastructure.
- Monitoring alerts and reporting to Global Foundation Services and Microsoft Operation Center
- Primary responsibilities include but not limited to design, implementation and troubleshooting of all LAN/WAN solutions offered by LAN/WAN Professional
- Implementing a new Network Architecture as per low-level design.
- Network design for new server connectivity.
- Design and architect and implementation Datacenters for large carrier-class customer utilizing Nexus 7018, Nexus 7010
- Datacenter build and support.
- High availability HSRP, VRRP, ether channel creation on Cisco, switches and routers.
- Transitioned as Network Project Manager and participated in kick off meetings, gathered data from stake holders to create Network design template.
- Worked on Network Acceptance to comply with Microsoft design standard and delivered projects in time after quality check.
- Weekly and daily meetings with clients to understand their network requirements discuss these with management and come up with an action plan.
- Quickly resolve all IP network issues to reduce waste and downtime of a Network infrastructure.
- Experience in ordering new modules and SFPs for the devices to support network expansion.
- Helping Tier I engineers in any of the issues related to various aspects and concerns.
- Interacted with different teams - on developing/ implementing the Onsite Offshore model for 24X7 supports.
Role: Network Engineer
- Manage switches of 5 different MBFS locations.
- Hands on experience working on packet sniffer: Network time machine by fluke networks to monitor the network.
- Experience working on QIP to manage DNS names and IP addresses.
- Designed and developed Quality of Service QoS functionalities on Cisco 7600Router
- Configured Cisco Routers 2600 series using RIP, OSPF, and EIGRP.
- Acted as part of the software bring-up team for Cisco's next generation CRS Intel based Route Processor card.
- Migration to new Global Network infrastructure. High Bandwidth MPLS WAN links, OSPF Redistribution to BGP, Replaced legacy Layer 2 Network with a fast converging layer 3 network.
- Hands-on experience with WAN ATM/Frame Relay , Routers, Switches, TCP/IP, Routing Protocols BGP/OSPF , and IP addressing.
- Provided network connection to the new employees and wireless connection vouchers to visitors.
- Responsible for network performance, monitoring/analysis, proactive troubleshooting and capacity analysis of network and proposing improvements and design changes beneficial to the business.
- Responsible for Network cabling, dressing, labeling and troubleshooting network drops onsite.
- Responsibilities also include technical documentation of all upgrades done. Attending meetings and technical discussions related to current project.
- Prepared engineering documents and network diagrams in Microsoft Visio.
- Documented firewall changes and request forms to respective vendors.
- Vendor co-ordination for hardware issues and assessment management.
- Ability to handle multiple complex tasks, with tight deadlines concurrently.
Role: Network Engineer
- Installation and Configuration of LAN/ WAN.
- Worked as an operational support engineer for various WAN problems.
- Supporting an enterprise network for Data Center LAN.
- Implementing fabric path, spine and leaf Data center.
- Design, configuration and Installation of Cisco routers and catalyst switches.
- Routing related tasks included providing Cisco router configuration, providing technical support for Cisco Router configurations and installation for Customer.
- Troubleshooting with MPLS L3 VPNS.
- Configuring routing protocols like RIP, EIGRP, OSPF, TCP/IP and configured HSRP for first hop redundancy and load balancing.
- Switching related tasks included implementing VLANS and VPC configuring ISL trunk on Fast- Ethernet channel between switches.
- Experience in WAN technologies including SONET Ring.
- Physical cabling, IP addressing, Wide Area Network configurations.
- Strongly support on Windows 2003 EE windows 2000 advance server with SP4.
- Validating the forward backward DNS lookup zones.
- Collect MAC address on production servers.
- Installation, operation, and maintenance of switching, data communications, and peripheral equipment associated with the CS1000e, CS1000m and Meridian 1 PBXs for Avaya CS1000.
Role: Network Support Technician
- Planning and Implementation of Subnetting, VLSM to conserve IP addresses.
- IOS upgrade on various routing and switching platforms.
- Installed and maintained Cisco 3620, 3550, 2610 routers and cisco 3550, 3845 switches with HSRP and various IGP routing protocols such as RIP, EIGRP, and OSPF.
- Implemented route redistribution between OSPF and EIGRP.
- Experience with spanning tree and Network architecture design which includes dynamic routing, static routing, VLAN setup, traffic splitting.
- Identified and resolved VLAN, STP and IP subnet issues.
- Provided technical support for Windows 7, 2008, Macintosh OS 9, OS X, and Vista operating systems. Provided LAN / WAN / VLAN support and maintenance.
- Configured Access List ACL Std, Ext, and Named to allow users all over the company to access different applications, Internet and compliance to the security policy and standards.
- Troubleshoot connectivity problems using Ping, Trace route.
- Documented security requirements, design, and validation and implementation criteria.
- Desktop, Laptop, printer and Network peripheral administration and support.