Established track record with many years of experience in helping organizations to efficiently use their networks ensuring that the design of an organization's computer site allows all of the components, including computers, the network, and software, to fit together and work properly. Also monitor and adjust the performance of existing networks and continually survey the current computer site to determine future network needs as well as troubleshoot problems reported by users and by automated network monitoring systems and make recommendations for enhancements in the implementation of future workstations and servers.
Senior SCCM Engineer
- Project management lead in upgrading to the SCCM 2012 estate to SP1 then upgrading to R2
- Conducted and documented an audit of the SCCM 2012 infrastructure with recommendations to increase efficiency.
- Assigned to the Patch/Security team to develop a process and implement improvements for the current identification of threat level and ratings for Microsoft monthly patches
- Daily SCCM server administration and monitoring
- Extensive documentation on various procedures and how tos
- Currently upgrading the desktop infrastructure 18kmachines to SymantecEndpoint Protection to version SEP 12.1 Release Update 5
- Provide Ongoing 3rd levelSupport of Corporate Windows 7 Migration as it relates to SCCM / Configuration Manager.
- Creation of application and package deploymentswith testing in Dev and UAT environments
- Support OSD with Configuration Manager and Integrated MDT 2013.
- Populating AD Groups according to APP-V deployments
- Distribute packages via SCCM / Configuration Manager to multiple sites throughout the organization.
- Creation of SCCM reports and SQL queries
- Testing and Deployment of Microsoft APP-V packages to Enterprise Clients
Senior Specialist, End-User Architect
- Upgraded System Center Service Manager SCSM from 2012 to SP1 project .
- Tweaked/reconfigured SCSM for improved performance.
- Upgraded SCCM 2012 to SP1 CU3 project Server and Desktop estate.
- Redesigned the process of Software Deployment infrastructure for SCCM 2012 technicians and Helpdesk.
- Implemented Role Based Administration for the various IT teams in SCCM 2012.
- 3rd level BAU administration and troubleshooting for SCCM/ SCSM 2012.
- Configured and deployed new Anti-Malware polices for System Center Endpoint Protection SCEP .
- Documented in-depth procedures How to troubleshoot SCCM 2012 client .
- Conducted mid-level SQL queries to ascertain the health of the SCCM Database.
- Co-implemented SQL maintenance plans to reduce fragmentation on SQL 2008 R2 for the SCCM SCSM databases.
- Re-configured the SCCM default client settings to reduce network congestion.
- Fixed WMI corruption on Windows XP and 7 operating systems.
- Utilized SC Service Manager 2012 for Change and Service requests.
- Architected new Configuration Manager SCCM 2012 infrastructure currently in the process of migration from SCCM 2007.
- Attended a 4 day Microsoft Sponsored SCCM 2012 design conference meeting in New York.
- Built out the SCCM 2007 infrastructure, one Central Primary site with 8 Primary site and 19 secondary sites servers world-wide for managing 19,000 workstations and 2700 servers.
- Migrated from SMS 2003 then decommissioned SMS2003.
- Implemented the new Application Virtualization server back-end infrastructure.
- Co-Lead Engineer of the APP-V server infrastructure. Upgraded to 4.5 SP2 with the goal to upgrade all APP-V server to 5.0 with integration into SCCM 2012.
- Co-lead with respect to Symantec Endpoint Protection SEP upgrade 11.0.5002.333 RU5 to 11.0.6300.803 RU6 MP3 .
- Co-administrator with configuring SEP desktop infrastructure file exclusion polices.
- Setup SCCM collections based on Active Directory queries.
- Migrated over existing SMS 2003 packages to ConfigMgr 2007.
- Extensive SQL Reports created with SCCM.
- Daily Monitoring of all the ConfigMgr 2007 sites with regards to overall health and remediation.
- Use zero touch re-imaging of Windows XP computers to Windows 7. 15k machines were upgraded.
- Implemented Power Management on the desktops with SCCM.
- Deployed Desired Configuration Management DCM baselines for desktop estate.
- Lead engineer with regards to Disaster Recovery for SCCM 2007.
- Developed, created and maintained a Microsoft SCCM 2007 Test Lab Environment.
- In depth 3rd tier level support in conjunction with HP Service Manager.
- Extensive Change Management experience for work performed.
- Familiar with Information Technology Infrastructure Library ITIL .
- Created extensive document for various technical functions.
- HP Insight Manager for monitoring the server estate.
- Patching the server estate every quarter with SCCM 20007.
- Added SCOM management packs for APP-V and SCCM.
- Added all new subnets and IP Addresses to SCCM.
- Implemented companywide monthly Software Update patching with SCCM. Compliance up from 78 to 96 . Goal to reach 99 .
- Lead Desktop Engineer on cleaning up Active Directory AD of old/stale computer accounts.
- Tested Direct Access in concert with the AD administrators.
- Lead Administrator of Netbackup 6.5.4
- Lead Administrator on all Backups including Backup Exec 12.0 12.5 and Disaster Recovery.
- Apply various Group Policies via Active Directory.
- Upgraded to SCCM2007 from SMS 2003. All workstations and servers are patched via SCCM2007.
- Applications such as Office 2007, Adobe Reader, and Internet Explorer, etc., configured and repackaged then installed via Config Manager.
- Windows 7 image creation and installed with SCCM.
- Virtualizing selected Windows servers to VMware 3.5 using the converter standalone product.
- Administration of virtual machines using the Virtual Infrastructure Client.
- Upgraded firm to Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.05 from Symantec Anti-virus Corporate Edition 10.x.
- Lead Administrator with regard to all Anti-Virus products.
- Providing overall hardware /software installation, maintenance and troubleshooting support for 200 MS Windows servers.
- Administrator on the ADIC scalar i2000 tape library.
- Lead administrator of NetApp FAS3070.
- Work with other members of the IT on implementing and rollout of various server-based applications.
- Planning and organization of the Datacenter, including power distribution, UPS needs, rack configurations and patch cable management.
- Setup and configured Dell Openmanage and IT Assistant for monitoring the server infrastructure with email pages.
- SNMP installation and configuration.
Systems Engineer Consultant
- Built Windows 2003 servers for Retail and Warehouse environments.
- Symantec System Center enterprise wide anti-virus administration.
- VMware Infrastructure 3: Install and Configure class attended 2/20-2/23.
- Tasked with building a VMware test lab: Proof of Concept.
- Tested Backup Exec 11.1 CASO server administration.
- Dell Remote Access Control documentation.
- HP Openview: Server related work/change orders.
- Monitoredserver infrastructure with VB scripts and Server Performance Advisor.
- VERITAS Backup Exec 10.1 administrator project lead to upgrade to v.11.1d
- Active Directory Administration
- Exchange Administration
- Monthly Security scans utilizing MBSA and GFI LanGuard Network Scanner
- Configuring VPN Clients using Cisco VPN software
- Utilizing Symantec Ghost v8.0 to image PCs
- Implemented WSUS to patch 250 desktops and 210 servers
- Configured Trend Micro Office Scan to covert from CA eTrust on all desktops/servers
- Completed system wide Software and Physical Inventory utilizing VB scripts.
- Researched GFI Security Event Monitor
Systems Administrator Contractor
- Administered the oversight of 470 servers in Northbrook, IL. Utilizing Dameware remote control software.
- Designed new backup schema using VeritasNetbackup software, plus upgrade.
- Used NetIQ AppManager for systems wide reporting on servers and applications.
- Managed and created all user accounts and group memberships.
- Patched desktops with SMS 2.0.
- Designed the use of Microsoft's WSUS for automating the process of pushing out updates and patches.
- VOIP Cisco Call Manager Administration 3.3 - Added users to Call Manager and to Cisco Unity voicemail Device association Created Device Profile Configured Phones for Extension Mobility.
- Firm lead in using EMC's Legato software for backing up selected servers which are EMC SAN attached.
- Handled all the firm's daily Network Security compliance utilizing tools such as Tripwire 4.5, GFI Languard SELM, Nessus scans and weekly server vulnerabilities assessment using GFI Languard Network Security Scanner. Monthly use of Microsoft's MBSA. Researched the Center for Internet Security CIS Windows 2003 vulnerability scanner for establishing security baselines.
- Managed and created all user accounts, group membership and user profiles.
- Assisted with the build of the VMware ESX virtual server for the firm's testing lab. This server build allows us to run multiple servers on one Dell 6800. In this test environment, we installed applications and put them through rigorous testing for eventual production.
Enterprise Network Administrator Consultant
- December 2004 July 2005 : Designed and implemented new Storage/Backup System using QNetixCommvault. Supervised migration firm-wide from Veritas' Backup Exec to Commvault version 5.9. Created media agents to direct and process the backups from client servers to SAN-attached drive and to a Storage Tek Library.
- May 2005 July 2005 : Designed server Patching system using ShavlikNetChk version 5.0. Utilizing 2 distribution servers in Chicago and Philadelphia for 100 servers.
- Enterprise-wide Anti-virus administration, utilizing TrendMicro ServerProtect.
- System Center Configuration Manager 2007/2012
- Symantec Endpoint Protection
- Application Virtualization 4.5/4/6 Server
- Systems Center Operations Manager 2012 SP1
- Active Directory
- Update Expert
- GFI Languard Network Security Scanner
- Backup Exec
- Microsoft Group Policy Management
- Dell OpenManage
- TrendMicro Anti-Virus
- HP Insight Manager
- APC PowerChute