- Results-oriented Systems Engineer with track record of success in performing pre-sales, post-sales and engineering roles in both domestic and international environments for large corporations in fast-paced, demanding environments.
- One of only two U.S. company's engineers to perform both pre- and post-sales software delivery and first engineer to deliver software and support to customers in Pacific Rim countries.
- Led teams involved in certification as well as life-cycle project-management processes on multiple occasions.
- Supervised network engineers to ensure accurate installation, configuration and performance.
- Administered networks in both large and small environments, ensuring optimal performance.
- Exceptional customer service and relationship management skills coupled with strong presentation skills.
- Quick learner who functions well in both self-managed and team-oriented projects.
- Managed, architected and maintained various networks from 100 200,000 total nodes encompassing workstations, routers, switches, and servers.
- In-depth knowledge of major Operating systems including but-not-limited-to Windows 2000, 2003, 2008, RedHat Linux / Centos, Solaris 6,7,8,9, and 10.
Platforms: Windows 2000, 2003, 2008, XP RedHat Linux ALL , Centos, Ubuntu, HPUX, Solaris 6 10, AIX, VMWare ESX, XenServer
Tools: MS Office Suite Lotus Notes OpenRiver 2.2.x, 3.x, Remedy ARS, SQL, VPN Netcool, OMNIBus, HPOM, Spectrum, Cisco IOS, MS IIS, Precision, BMC Topology / Foundation Discovery, EMC Smarts, ProactiveNet, Hyperic HQ Enterprise, Alarmpoint 2.x, 3.x, VoyenceControl , RSA SecurID, RSA Certificate Manager, Apache Tomcat, MS Exchange, BMC Configuration Manager Express, BMC Service Desk Express, Others
Languages: PERL, Java Script, Shell Unix
Networking: Linux, NT, Cisco PIX firewalls VPN, Cisco, Bay Networks, HP hubs, Cisco, Bay routers, Cisco, Bay, HP switches, LAN / WAN, Extreme, Marconi, Citrix Netscalar, F5
Databases: Access, Oracle, MySQL, MSSQL, Sybase, Postgres
UNIX Systems Engineer
Tasks included system design and implementation, daily administration of servers, NAS, SAN, and iSCSI systems. Systems Included 800 Centos and RedHat servers, Sun 45xx systems, NetApp Filers FAS 3140s, 3170's 3250's Sun Storage 7310s ZS3-2, HP Ibrix 9720s. Re-architected and implemented a new Enterprise RSA SecurID system with 4 servers and 6 sub-zones. Deployed and Manage a Windows WSUS server to maintain Windows PCI systems. Created a server inventory tool using PERL. Daily use of JIRA for ticketing. Participated in three datacenter moves. Participation in a weekly page On-Call rotation. OS tuning for Oracle, Postgres and Mysql servers. Management of 80 Xen servers that host our QA environments as well as the migration to Cloudstack.
- Deployment of an Enterprise-wide asset, and inventory tracking system.
- Received several performance awards.
- Finished NCDA certification.
- Implemented a new LDAP solution for all environments using OpenDJ.
- Built a large Cloudstack cluster to replace our aging Xen infrastructure
Lead Systems Engineer
Tasks included system design and implementation support for various Demand Media properties, including Ehow, Enom, Expert Village, others in a mixed Windows and Linux environment 1500 Windows servers, 500 Linux servers . Lead a team of systems engineers covering storage, infrastructure, services, and media. Solution architecture and mentoring skills utilized to enhance the overall customer experience with the Systems Engineering team. Management and deployment of new strategic enterprise projects including Asset Management and ITIL based ticketing systems, DNS solution architecture and co-ordination of resources for implementation. On-Call production server and network support. Router, switch and loadbalancer administration utilizing Cisco, HP, Citrix and F5 equipment throughout all production environments.
- Vendor management and RFP / RFI process creation
- On-call rotation definitions and streamlining
- Ticketing system process and flow improvements
- Deployment of an Enterprise-wide asset, and inventory tracking system.
- Project architecture and process improvement
Sr. Systems Engineer / Solutions Architect
Senior-level architecture, planning and project management support for various Enterprise-level projects. Daily activities include supporting internal and external teams for various high-visibility projects ranging from PCI compliance to system and network monitoring. These projects include CA administration, Enterprise monitoring and notification, crypto system support, administration and maintenance, design and implementation and team leadership. Oracle and MySQL database administration and setup. Daily use of PERL, and shell scripting to automate repetitive tasks.
- TOPS team vendor management and selection process streamlined
- Architected and implemented publicly-trusted CA certificate authority , provided Tier-1 and 2 training, as well as maintenance of access and audit requirements. This has resulted in a 50K per annum savings for the company.
- Architected and implemented Enterprise-wide notification system that has resulted in lower response times to failures, and a higher level of customer satisfaction.
- Lead team to implement new Monitoring standards throughout RealNetworks from concept to requirements, design and implementation.
- Sr. Architect for PCI compliance project lead team of 6 to plan, architect, and implement a new PCI compliant system.
Sr. Systems Engineer
Provided Tier-3 support for Project and internal lab teams in reference to Areva T D's proprietary power management and distribution systems. Built and delivered multi-node power management systems to large-scale enterprise power distribution and wholesale marketers. Systems were architected on a mixed platform based upon both Windows and RedHat Linux systems.
- Architected and deployed a large-scale, centralized backup solution to enable Areva to provide offsite customer DR options.
- Built and deployed internal lab team SAN for secure source code storage
- Provided a high-level of customer satisfaction.
Implemented and managed several key initiatives within the GMS Global Management Systems FEMS Fault Event Management Systems and ITIL projects. Implemented Topology Discovery and population tools for BMC Atrium. Created user training for IBM / Netcool and EMC Smarts. Delivered training to tier 1 and two NOC Engineers. Deployed and documented the following products: BMC Foundation Discovery, IBM / Netcool RAD, and WebTop. Documented End-of-life procedures for legacy systems. Served as a point of contact for global groups dealing with Data Center Reconciliation. Led several POC exercises for various 3rd party NMS and ITIL products.
- Developed and delivered training material for NOC engineers.
- Managed all lab and pre-production Sun and Linux servers.
- Managed several projects to completion with no direct supervision.
Sr. Professional Services Engineer
Provide 3rd tier support for Enterprise-level customers in both Pre and Post sales engagements. Delivered highly-available, scalable enterprise notification systems built on various OSes including Windows, Solaris, Linux, HPUX, and AIX. Designed, implemented, and supported BCP notification systems. Built and supported custom notification system integrations with top-tier network management systems such as BMC Patrol, Netcool, HPOVO, and others. Provided sales support for trade-shows and vendor conferences. Delivered product training and support to VARs, customers and new hires.
- Developed training material for new product offering.
- Provided QA support for Alarmpoint 3.x during development.
- Direct contact for all Beta Program customers during final release phase of Alarmpoint 3.x.
- Implemented and managed all US Beta projects.
- Managed multiple complex projects while maintaining a high-level of customer satisfaction.
- Created framework design for Alarmpoint 3.x IDE scripting language.
- Created 90 of the initial out-of-box integrations for 3rd party applications, utilizing combinations of PERL, and Java Script.
Sr. Micromuse Consultant
Utilized knowledge of the Micromuse product suite to deliver complete management solutions, and services to a wide variety of customers. Primarily utilized to deliver Micromuse Precision solutions. Led long-term projects with multiple consultants with varying skillsets and personalities. Managed large scale projects from a technical standpoint that spanned multiple time zones, and countries. Remotely supported large-scale clientele in Japan, Hong Kong, and the UK.
- Lead Micromuse implementation team for the NTT AgilIT project in Tokyo.
- Successfully implemented a 250,000 node Precision deployment in 5 weeks.
- Provided support and assistance outside of normal business hours to insure customer satisfaction.
- Provided service and training support for both internal and customer engineers.
Served in two positions providing network-management solutions to such corporate customers as AT T Wireless, SUN Microsystems, Deutsche Bank, iAsiaWorks, Nomura, and others.
Systems Engineer, Micromuse
- Trained on major Micromuse products: Netcool, Impact, ISMs, probes, and monitors.
- Senior Delivery Services Engineer with RiverSoft , 2000-9/2002
- Employed excellent presentation and customer-relationship skills in customer-facing position to provide pre- and post-sales expertise, and support for network-management software. Presented at CFO/CTO levels to demonstrate advantages of proprietary software specializing in discovery/monitoring of network entities, and systems. Served as primary technical contact for all assigned customers and led/coordinated cross-functional teams, including engineering, to achieve project completion. Troubleshot corporate customers' systems. Utilized all major Layer 2 switching and Layer 3 IP protocols and technologies daily.
- Demonstrated exceptional knowledge of networks, vendors and company's competitors to gain trust and overcome objections.
- One of 2 U.S. engineers to perform both pre- and post-sales software delivery and first engineer to deliver software to Asian customers in Hong Kong, Australia, Korea and other Pacific Rim countries.
- Key member of team tasked with certifying 5 products as field support.
- Conducted formal and informal training for clients, partners and value-added resellers VARs .
- Successfully implemented and documented math/algebra in and authored system/process documentation for OpenRiver V2 product.
- In field engineer role, instrumental in suggesting/implementing code changes for customer requests for enhancements RFEs .
- One of 7 people enterprise wide to receive CEO's Most Valuable Player award for achieving consistently superior customer and manager satisfaction.
Systems Administrator contract
Planned, managed and administered 14 mixed-server networks with 170 workstations. Managed vendor and vendor relationships serving as contact point. Part of team to select and purchase corporate system equipment. Designed, installed, and managed internal firewalls and routers monitored inbound/outbound Internet traffic managed all data and asset tracking functions. Provided technical expertise for PC/server troubleshooting and repair and provided internal training, management and support for end-users. Participated in management of telco and voicemail systems.
- Compiled, developed and wrote technical papers on IS policies and procedures.
- Streamlined Internet traffic to enhance efficiency and performance.
- Selected to take part in administration of Apache WEB/Mail servers.
- Network Engineer, Computers and Applications, Bellevue, Washington 1998-1999
- Service Technician, Merit Distributing, Bothell, Washington, 1997-1998
- Customer Support Technician, N.W. Computer Support, Tukwila, Washington, 1997
- Service Technician, Computer Support Group, Burlington, Washington, 1995-1996
- Lead Technician, Fannan Computer Service, Mount Vernon, Washington, 1995
- Service Technician, Skagit Systems, Mount Vernon, Washington, 1993-1994