Experienced IT professional seeking a challenging opportunity where my knowledge and expertise will allow me to make a significant contribution.
Principal Systems Engineer
- Worked in a global team providing 2nd/3rd tier security and network infrastructure support to Boehringer-Ingelheim operating units around the globe.
- Provided operational support of multiple security technologies such as Juniper NetScreen firewall infrastructure, Ironport Web Cache Proxy, Ironport Mail Gateways and Zertificon Secure Mail. Also supported identity and access management platforms such as Active Directory, RSA ACE, TACACS and RADIUS.
- Monitored and provided operational support on global LAN/WAN infrastructure including Cisco routing and switching hardware and Radware load balancers in a high availability environment.
- Well versed in processes, procedures, and regulatory requirements within the pharmaceutical industry as well as ITIL.
- Experienced in working with IS Security function to evaluate risks and develop/implement solutions for new security related requests.
- Experienced in working with development teams and external service providers in handling IT emergencies and outages across a wide array of technologies.
- Configured and performed troubleshooting on remote access technologies such as ASA VPN Gateways, dedicated secure partner connections, RAR, and SSL-VPN.
- Exhibited excellent customer service and communication skills.
Sr. Information Technology Associate
- Maintained server environment Windows 2003, Windows 2000 and NT 4.0 on HP/Compaq, Dell, and Stratus server hardware. Executed server builds, migrations to current OS, and troubleshooting. Consolidated servers to maximize resources and minimize support requirements. Performed Citrix and Exchange administration.
- Performed Active Directory administration created modified computer/user accounts created and populated OUs for patch management and group policy enforcement.
- Sound knowledge of TCP/IP, network architecture, topologies, and configuration as well as wireless networking infrastructure. Participated in planning and executing site switch upgrade to Cisco Catalyst hardware with segregated VLANs and isolated production network.
- Mitigated disaster risks ensured data integrity in a high availability network environment using scheduled backups, systems maintenance and implementation of redundancy technologies. Assessed risks to critical systems assisted in developing and implementing disaster recovery plans. Planned and distributed patches and service packs as a member of the patch management team.
- Performed computer system validation knowledge of SDLC methodology and workflow. Experienced in creation and execution of validation scripts, change control, planned deviations, etc. Authored and updated IT SOPs. Possess a working knowledge of regulations and guidance regarding CFR 21, including Part 11 trained in GxP requirements.
- Functioned as IT Lead on multiple projects i.e. Chromatographic Data System upgrade project Built and validated database server, Citrix servers LAC/E boxes, as well as Empower CDS client/server software. Followed through from project launch to successful completion of all deliverables.
- Contributed expertise to the planning of many site projects. Evaluated and proposed hardware and software solutions provided input on resource requirements and implementation strategies.
- Experienced in setup and use of Veritas Backup Exec software with robotic libraries and standalone drives established backup schedules, executed backups and restores coordinated offsite media rotation.
Deskside Support Engineer
- Worked with NOC to maintain GE servers and network infrastructure. Worked with vendors to support non-GE client server systems. Performed and monitored backups to ensure data retention.
- Developed automatic backup plan with redundancy for local Human Resource department's backup needs utilizing local and network resources.
- Participated in deployment of Fiberlink and Nortel Contivity remote access applications trained users on new system.
- Developed technical solutions for training program managers at GE Crotonville. Preparation for training simulations involved setup of PCs network / software configuration. Developed and deployed technology solutions for in-house training projects. Provided support to site staff and up to 200 new training participants per week.
- Provided executive level support for meetings such as Corporate Executive Council, Corporate Officer's Meeting, and Board of Director's meetings.
- Developed self-service training materials to assist users with basic network connectivity, e-mail, and IP printing issues to reduce help desk call volume.
- Promoted paperless office initiative via web based Lotus Quickplaces and Microsoft Outlook functionality.
End User Computing Representative Consultant, A.R.C
- Duties included maintenance, and administration of network and application / file servers. Created and configured domain user accounts and permissions.
- Provided desktop support on Windows 95/98/NT/2000 platforms and MS Office suite with a heavy emphasis on MS Outlook and network connectivity. Involved in daily installations, upgrades, and migrations. Accountable for troubleshooting and resolving connectivity issues from MDF room to desktop.
- Contributed to rollout of Windows 2000 to site machines and migrated users from older systems. Cloned workstations and built images with Ghost software.
- Maintained and repaired Dell, HP, and IBM laptops and desktops as well as Compaq and Dell Servers.
- Accustomed to providing excellent customer service to corporate clients and resolving issues quickly and efficiently.
Data Call Administrator / Install Technician Consultant, Ablest Staffing
- Installed and configured PC's and printers. Performed installation, configuration and troubleshooting of MS Office, TCP/IP, remote access, and network connectivity issues. Configured MS Outlook profiles. Installed, upgraded, and replaced hardware components.
- Analyzed and documented help desk calls to determine whether issues were software or hardware related.
- Gained extensive support experience in large end user environment.