An IT professional with over 15 years of experience in development, administration, engineering, support for various technologies for medium to global enterprise environments and include proficiency in routing, switching, security, voice and wireless.
TECHNICAL SKILLS DETAIL
Cisco Routers/Switches:Cisco IOS, Routers 3900, 2900, 1900, 800 , Cisco Catalyst 6500, 5500, 4900, 4500, 3000, 3100
Connectivity Hardware: Exchange Server, Blade Servers, Web Servers Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, WAN, LAN, TCP/IP, RAID systems, Cisco ASA 5500, CDP, Frame-relay, PPP, ACL, Network Address Translation NAT , Port Address Translation PAT , OSPF Virtual links, RIPng, RIP, RIPv2, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, VTP, SNMP, SNMPv3, SMTP, ARP, TCP, UDP, Static Routing, Stub Routing, VLAN Trunking, Multi-Area OSPF, VLAN, VTP, HSRP, STP, SVI, BPDU, Portfast, GLBP, VRRP.
Security Technologies:AAA, IPS/IDS, TACACS , RADIUS, SSH, VPN, Cisco ACS, Data Loss Prevention, IPSec, Data Management Zone, PGP , Public Key Infrastructure PKI , Port Security, MAC Address Filtering, IPS/IDS, NPS.
VoIP/Wireless Technologies: 802.11 a/b/g/n, WLAN, WAP, AP, SSID, LWAPP, Cisco ACS, VoIP, IP Phone, Catalyst, CUCM, QoS, PoE, CME, CUE, Port Security, MAC Address Filtering, SIP, RTP, SCCP, SRTP, UCCM, UCCX.
Monitoring Tools/Apps: Wireshark, Remedy, Openview, Nagios, VMware, Solarwinds, F5, Cisco Works, Cisco Security Manager Suite, DNS Servers, DHCP Servers
Software/Hardware: MS Office Suite Word, Excel, PowerPoint , windows, PC, Peripherals
- Installed Cisco Routers and switches.
- Connected the Routers and switches from patch panel to switch
- Label all cables.
- Updated networks diagrams.
- Provide documentation: accountability of equipment and location
- Review hardware configuration
- Provided all technical support for all International Roaming products on a 24x7x365 basis
- Liaison between external customers and internal/external entities
- Coordinated and oversaw all acceptance testing associated with the implementation of services for Global Roaming Consortiums members
- Participate as a team member within the department and represented the department in intra-departmental objectives designed to ensure on time and quality products, which meet customer needs and expectations
- Served as interpreter/translator between Latin American and US customers
- Created and maintained Standard Operation Procedure for the International Roaming Division
- Troubleshoot Frame Relay, VPN, DS0, DS1, DS3 links between telephone carriers
- System Administrator for the DNS and UNIX Mail Server POP3
- Managed a Class B Address
- Administered and maintained 14 Cisco Routers and 10 Cabletron Hubs
- Provided network assistance to 200 remotes users and 6 remote networks
- Liaison between Forces Command and subordinate headquarters in matters of network support.
Information Technology Support Manager
- Provided support for 120 PC's with auxiliary equipment, 110 pagers, 56 Cellular telephone and assorted office automation equipment valued in excess of 250,000.
- Maintained accountability for all the communication equipment for the Olympic Task Force.
- Upgraded, installed and supported Desktop Computers to comply with network design Windows NT and Win95
- Managed the daily operation of the Network Control Facility for HQ Forces Command and provide continued communication link between Forces Command and 170 remote sites.
- Directed Technical Customer Support for Army Forces throughout Europe
- Debugged, maintained and field hardware for Standard Theater Command Control Systems, which comprise of 50 LAN throughout Europe.
- Responsible for the schedule operation and the quality control of all printed output, mailing and receiving of hard copy and magnetic media.
- Supervised 5 technical staff professional.
- Managed the daily operation of two mainframe computers in support of World Wide Military Command and Control System.
- Responsible for the quality control of all printed output, mailing and receiving of hard copy and magnetic media.
- Developed computer operating procedures determined production processing priorities.
- Initiated hardware and software problem-resolution measures.
- Responsible for the organization physical security during normal operational hours.