| SUMMARY |
Broad knowledge of hardware, software, and networking technologies to provide a combination of analysis, implementation, and support. Experience in system and network administration and engineering, hardware evaluation, voice, video project management, systems and network security, incident analysis and recovery.
Sr. Systems Analyst
Architected, managed development of, and maintained an in house voice conferencing system based on open source software components. The conferencing system utilized Cassandra, Freeswitch, OpenSIPS, WebRTC, and other OSS components all residing in an OpenStack environment. At the time of my departure my team had grown the usage of this system from zero minutes to over fifteen million minutes of usage per month. The cost savings realized from the growth of this platform was nearly twenty-five thousand dollars per month. In addition to the management of the development team was responsible for security and operational support of a large SIP conferencing system. Sr. Penetration Tester
Sr. Systems Engineer
- Performed forensic captures of mobile devices and computers for use in litigation using tools such as Paraben Device Seizure, WiebeTech Forensic UltraDock, and Voom HardCopy.
- Provide technical guidance to the clients. Assess threats, risks, and vulnerabilities from emerging security issues. Draft enterprise security standards and guidelines for system configuration. Managed process and acted in the lead role for computer security incident response team. Perform and create procedures for system security audits, penetration-tests, and vulnerability assessments. Develop scripts and signatures to perform security audits and penetration tests, as well as to verify that recommendations from previous audits had been implemented.
- Managed development project of embedded Linux device utilizing the Atmel AT91SAM9G25 SoC. Project required reading and storing data from sensors on serial and i2c busses as well as performance tuning to make the best use of the limited resources available on the embedded device. Project was primarily developed in Python. Project included development of backend server for deployed devices to phone home to when in range of wireless networks deployed throughout a metropolitan area.
- Responsible for administration of Broadsoft softswitch and the supporting Redhat Linux systems. Responsible for Managed integration of softswitch with products managed by other teams such as Microsoft OCS, Microsoft Lync, call recording, and call detail record analysis products. Installed and managed fraud detection and mitigation systems integrated directly with softswitch and session border controllers, including scripting support for terminating in progress calls through SBC. Configured and managed geographically redundant Broadsoft softswitch that controlled all sip traffic and routing for approximately 45,000 customers. Acted as law enforcement contact for all CALEA requests. Performance/tuning, capacity planning, and patching of both RedHat Linux and Broadsoft applications. Provided leadership for junior UNIX system administrators. Created Python/Postgres based management tools for creation, editing, and deletion of XML based VoIP telephone configuration files. Implemented Zenoss network monitoring platform for all internal and external network devices, including scripting new Zenoss modules for previously unsupported devices. Managed project to implement SIP/TLS and SRTP to improve voice security for hosted voice customers. Assisted with migration of MS Exchange, Lync, and OCS onto virtual servers residing in VMWare.
- Assisted in roll out of cfengine as primary management interface for servers in managed hosting facility. As part of a large team of Administrators and Network Engineers, I helped manage a highly available web server farm with a peak throughput of more than 70Mb/s. Assisted in the buildout of a datacenter doubling the available rack space. Scripted web front-end to control various network connected PDUs as well as switches to centrally manage power and network connectivity for customers. Cut time needed to install new dedicated servers for customers in half by redesigning processes used for provisioning new servers. Assisted in disaster recovery efforts after several hurricanes damaged wireless infrastructure. Managed a trouble ticket queue, providing support to a community of more than 1500 users. Deployed and supported wireless LAN and point-to-point networks for various customers, using Western Multiplex Tsunami 5.8GHz wireless bridges..
Monitored and maintained over 150 CCTV cameras positioned around the city connected via various links including 802.11, Ethernet, and AIRAYA 4.9GHz WirelessGRID Bridges in the public safety band. Insured all video feeds from various city, state, and federal agencies were displayed in the Synchronized Operations Command Center SOCC and the rest of the Joint Operations Command Center JOCC complex. Provided video for use in ongoing criminal investigations. Responsible for preparing the JOCC complex for all major events in the city of Washington, as well as morning crime briefing held by the Chief of Police. UNIX Systems Administrator
Responsible for administering over 200 Linux, FreeBSD, and Solaris servers in the farm of ad serving machines for this internet advertising firm. Implemented a backup and disaster recovery plan for the entire production network. Selected and installed StorageTek L180 tape library and Veritas NetBackup as backup solution for all production servers. Implemented policies for backup and restore of all data on all production servers. Implemented RSA SecurID authentication and SNMP monitoring with Tivoli in production environment. Applied all vendor suggested patches to all system software and operating systems as well as auditing custom ad server software running on the systems. Monitored ad server performance and adjusted Arrowpoint load balancing equipment as needed to provide optimal performance.