- Virtualization - VMware vSphere 4.0/4.1/5.0, ESXi, vCenter, VUM, HA, FT, vMotion, VMFS, NFS, iSCSI and Fibre Channel LUNs, VADP, P2V, V2V, Thin Provisioning VMDKs, snapshot management, PowerCLI/PowerGUI, Rvtools
- Microsoft - Windows 2000/2003/2008 Server, Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7/8, SMB/CIFS File Shares, Active Directory, IIS, Group Policy, Account Management
- Server Hardware - Dell PowerEdge Rack and Blade, Cisco UCS, SuperMicro HPC Head and Compute Nodes
- Storage Platforms - NetApp FAS2020 and FAS3070, Data ONTAP 8 7-Mode HA Cluster
- Backup - Symantec NetBackup
- Networking - TCP/IP, VLAN, RADIUS, Firewalls
- Datacenter - Cable Management, Power and Cooling, KVM/IP, Equipment Racking, Equipment Decommissioning and Disposing, Asset Management ManageEngine Asset Explorer , Datacenter Diagramming Visio
- Manage a VMware vSphere 4/5 environment, including installation of vCenter and ESX/ESXi, configuring HA/FT clusters, implementing vlan tagging, security, account maintenance, and P2V conversion of previously existing environments.
- Acting as Subject Matter Expert for VMware for the University. Advised other campuses with licensing, design, and understanding virtualization concepts.
- Upgraded the University's vSphere environment from 4.1 to 5.0 with minimal downtime, including vCenter, ESXi, VMware tools, and virtual hardware. Utilized vSphere Update Manager VUM as part of the upgrade.
- Migrated over 2TB of file server data from Windows Server 2003 using iSCSI storage to CIFS shares on a NetApp FAS2020.Reduced backup to tape time for file shares by over 50 .
- Migrated University leadership's Exchange Mailboxes and Calendars to Google Apps using Google's Migration tool, exmerge, and Outlook
- Designed Service Profiles for Cisco UCS for the deployment of ESXi on UCS. Acting as secondary administrator for Cisco UCS environment.
- Acted as backup administrator for NetApp storage environment. Created LUNs and CIFS shares, replaced failed disks, troubleshot takeover events, and cabled shelves.
Windows Systems Administrator
- Co-maintained the campus Windows Server Active Directory environment, including system installation, patching, security, account maintenance, upgrading, and retirement.
- Co-managed Windows clusters running file server services, Exchange 2003, Pharos Printing software, and SQL 2005.
- Lead team in datacenter activities, including server disposal, diagramming, configuring out-of-band access methods, asset management, and installing new hardware.
- Managed and maintained over 2TB of file share storage for the University. Handled NTFS permissions, backups, and file recoveries.
Work Study for Advanced Technology Support
- Worked independently using supervisor's directions to prepare technology in multiple classrooms, including hard drive imaging, software installation, PC installation, initialization of CISCO equipment, and redeploying technological equipment.
- Worked independently to troubleshoot and repair PCs and network equipment to ensure minimum downtime, as well as document problems and solutions for future reference.
- Worked in a group environment to complete large projects, including preparing network cables for multiple classroom networks and creating a complete inventory of equipment in multiple departments for a database.