Summary of Qualifications
- Solutions-oriented Systems Engineer with proven success designing, implementing and integrating cost-effective, high-performance, secure technical solutions to meet challenging business needs.
- Strong knowledge of IT Security, server architecture, network and systems engineering, administration and support.
- Innate ability to design, implement, document, maintain and support secure networks and information systems.
- Proven expertise in supporting and troubleshooting hardware, software and networking issues.
- Demonstrated ability to satisfy users through analysis and problem resolution.
- Recognized as the go-to person for immediate resolution to technical issues.
- Organized, take-charge professional with exceptional follow-through abilities and detail orientation, able to plan and oversee projects from conception to successful conclusions.
- Outstanding communication skills interfaces effectively with upper management, vendors, staff, peers and users.
- Strong technical background with a solid history of delivering outstanding customer service.
- Server Builds IBM, Dell, HP, SuperMicro Rack/Blade, SAN, NAS, HW / SW Upgrades Installation
- PC / Laptop / Server Imaging, OS, Application Deployment and Software Rollout IBM, Dell, HP, Fujitsu, Toshiba
- Exchange Server 2K3, 2010, 2013, SQL Serve 2005, 2008, 2013r, MSDE, IIS 5.0/6.0/7.0/
- Cisco / Juniper Routers, Switches and Firewall, Sonic Firewall,
- Microsoft NT/2K/2K3/2K8/2K12 Server, Windows XP Professional, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Linux, Unix, Apple
- VM Ware ESX, Microsoft HyperV, Citrix Presentation Server, Virtual Box,
- Active Directory, GPO's, NTFS / ACL Permissions, DFS, Sharepoint, LDAP, AD Toolkit,
- Cisco Call Center, Nortel Systems, VoIP,
- NetBackup, BackupExec, Norton Ghost, F.O.G, Redmine, OTRS, Symantec Enterprise Endpoint Protection, Remedy, Track It , What's Up, Sophos Enterprise Suite,
Senior Computer Systems Administrator
- Performed System Critical Tasks for projects during off-peak hours to minimize service interruptions and limit reduced access time frames.
- Administered NLB Clusters and Server Farms for Sharepoint, Exchange, SQL, CRM, Lync, and TMG
- Performed Server builds utilizing SuperMicro, Windows 2K12, Sharepoint 2013,Exchange 2013, CRM 2012, SQL 2013, Lync 2013,SQL 2013, TMG 2012
- Designed, Implemented and Administered Key Network Infrastructure Components utilizing Cisco Network Assistant and Cisco 2960, Cisco 3560X Switches
- Designed, Implemented and Administered Company Anti-Virus/Anti-Spam/ Anti-Spy-Ware solution utilizing Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager and Client.
- Designed, Implemented and Administered Patch Management Solution utilizing WSUS 3.0 SP2 which provided documented compliance with legal mandates
- Designed, Implemented and Configured Systems, Network, and Application Monitoring and Alerting Solution utilizing ipMonitor, SpiceWorks ,IPMIView 2.0 SNMP, WMI, RPC
- Performed Tier 2 -3 Help-desk Troubleshooting for System, Network and Application issues and provided detailed documented timely resolutions to problems.
- Created and submitted detailed technical Weekly Status and Planning reports which described Ongoing Infrastructure Administrative Tasks, Issue Resolutions ,Projects, Professional Development and Troubleshooting Logs
- Created detailed Change Management Log items which provided compliance driven documentation for processes, tasks, technical specifications and procedures performed in System Critical Projects utilizing MS Office and Sharepoint Foundation
- Administered Company Backup Solution utilizing HP MS2024LTO4 Robotic Tape Library, Symantec Backup Exec and Sharepoint Foundation
- Designed, implemented and administered Production Computing Environment utilizing Windows 2K12, 2K8, Exchange 2K10, Exchange 2K13, Sharepoint 2007, Sharepoint 2010, Sharepoint 2013, Lync 2010, Lync 2013, TMG 2008, TMG 201, ISA Server, and CRM
- Designed, implemented and configured Virual ITL Integrated Test Lab utilizing Windows 2K12, 2K8, Exchange 2K10, Exchange 2K13, Sharepoint 2007, Sharepoint 2010, Sharepoint 2013, Lync 2010, Lync 2013, TMG 2008, TMG 201, ISA Server, and CRM servers utilizing ,HP GL 380 server MSA1000, MSA20 and WIndows HyperV 2012
Systems Support Administrator
- Provided Technical Support for all Departments and Administered Help Desk Ticketing System OTRS
- Designed, configured and implemented Virtual ITL Integrated Test Lab for application, web and database servers utilizing HP GL 380 server and VMWare ESX.
- Designed, Configured and Deployed production virtual application, web and database servers utilizing Linux Apache, IIS and VMWare ESX
- Designed, documented and implemented Windows 7 Migration strategies and solutions utilizing Windows 7 migration tools and FOG open source Imaging solutions
- Performed Windows XP to Windows7 Migration for Desktops and Laptops
- Performed Server Builds, Installation, Configuration and Documentation for HP, IBM Blade Servers H Chassis H Series Blade
- Created High Level Design Documentation, Detailed Weekly Technical Status Reports, Technical Requirements, Risk Analysis and Assessments,
- Designed and Implemented WSUS 3.0 Strategies for Deployment to Servers and Desktops Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 2K3, Windows 2K8
- Procured critical materials and equipment on site and alleviated potential delays
- Performed Analysis work and documented the server environment information at Data Center
- Installed, Configured, Tested and Documented Microsoft Exchange Server 2010
- Performed successful migration from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010
- Administered and responded to escalated Help Desk Incidents.
- Designed and Implemented PC, Laptop, Server OS and Application Deployment Strategies
- Installed and Configured Windows 2K3/2K8 Server AD, GPO's, DNS, DHCP, TS, VPN, RAS, etc...
- Installed and Configured Linux Servers, Virtual, Physical, DNS, DHCP, TS, VPN,
- Designed and Implemented Best Practices for Change Management, Operational Security Management, Hardware / Software Inventory and Control, Information Security Management
- Performed assessment and Best Practices recommendations of current IT infrastructure electronic human resources
- Deployed PC, Laptop and Servers OS and Applications utilizing Imaging tools and Virtual IT Infrastructure. Windows XP, Windows 7, CentOS 5, Windows 2K3/2K8, Mac OSX 10.6, Linux, Unix
- Maintained BackupExec server, documented, updated and tracked scheduled backups for Windows, VMWare, and Linux production and test servers.
- Installed, Configured and Supported Apple Hardware MacBook, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro, iMac and Apple Software Final Cut, Logic, Pro Tools, Ableton Live, Aperture, etc
- Performed IMAC for PCs, Macs, Linux and Windows Servers
Consultant / IT Security Engineer
- Traveled to remote sites and coordinated with Management for WSUS Patch Deployment to Remote Sites
- Procured critical materials and equipment on site and alleviated potential delays
- Created High Level Design Documentation, Detailed Daily / Weekly Technical Status Reports, Technical Requirements, Risk Analysis and Assessments
- Performed Server Builds, Installation, Configuration and Documentation for HP Rack Mounted Servers
- Installed and Configured WIN 2K3 Server AD, GPO's, DNS, DHCP, TS, VPN, RAS
- Installed, Configured, Tested and Documented Microsoft Exchange Server 2003
- Designed and Implemented WSUS Strategies for Deployment to Servers and Desktops
- Performed Server and Workstation Inventory Checklist Validation for entire domain.
- Installed and Configured WSUS 3.0, MS SQL 2005, IIS 6.0
- Installed, Configured, Tested and Documented Configurations on Cisco Router, Switches, IDS, and Firewall
- Performed Analysis work and documented the server environment information at Data Center.
- Set-up and built a new WSUS 3.0 sp1 Server and defined / set-up server groups.
- Coordinated / deployed patches to the BLUSA test server machines for testing.
- Coordinated / deployed the server patch deployment waves utilizing WSUS and the manual mirror-drive methodology as defined and approved by IT .
- Coordinated / deployed the workstation patch deployment waves locally and at remote sites across the country .
- Worked directly with business users to successfully coordinate workstation patch deployment.
- Trouble shoot patch deployment, WSUS, and other environmental issues as encountered.
- Defined special patch process for addressing the servers behind the firewall in the iii environment DMZ .
- Participated, Facilitated, and led during Change Control meetings with Upper Management, Vendors and Business Users
- Issued Patch deployment reporting results .
- Engaged to provide initial proposal content, project planning, execution and post-implementation support for a patch management solution including Microsoft Windows Server Update Services WSUS implementation across the International Bank of Leumi US enterprise 20 sites in the US
- Performed assessment of current IT infrastructure electronic human resources
- Trained mentored junior senior engineers in security patch management as well as enterprise data center management
- Implemented WSUS Servers regionally to balance load of deploying service packs and hot fixes
IT Consultant / Systems Engineer
- Implementation 6/08 - 8/08 Performed Server Builds, Installation, Configuration and Documentation for HP/DELL/IBM Rack Installed and Configured WIN 2K3 Server AD, GPO's, NLB, Clustering, DFS, DNS, DHCP, TS, VPN, RAS Installed and Configured VM Ware Server and Created and Deployed VM Servers and Applications Installed, Configured, Tested and Documented Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Designed Cabling Strategy and Installed Cabling for entire network Designed and Implemented WSUS Strategies for Deployment to Servers and Desktops Deployed and Administered Symantec Enterprise Solutions SEPM, Gateway, BackupExec, etc Installed and Configured WebRoot Anti-Spyware and Email Security Solutions Installed, Configured, Tested and Documented Configurations on Cisco Router, Switches, IDS, and Firewall Ran fiber and/or copper cable for both Network and SAN infrastructures in the data center
Designed, Implemented and Documented Best Practices for Backup/ Disaster Recovery Procedures Setup, Configured, Tested and Confirmed Connectivity for Polycom Video Phones for Multiple Global Sites Provided Tier 2 3 Helpdesk Remote Support for Multiple Intercontinental and Global Sites Installed, Configured, Tested Main Circuit, Trunk Lines, Nortel BCM, IP phones and Digital Phones Developed Documented Business Requirements for Networks and Information Systems Coordinated with Vendors to procure and provision necessary equipment and software.
Provided Desktop Administration, Deployment, and Support Created and Deployed PC Images locally and remotely. Performed IMAC on Desktops, Laptops, Printers and Servers Audited trouble tickets and Ticketing DB and Performed QA for reported tasks and incidents Configured Active Directory user and computer permissions and accounts Installed, Configured, Patched and Supported Enterprise Applications Open tickets in Helpdesk system whenever any hardware replacement or repair was needed
Managed and Assigned Technicians for Mass PC and Laptop Deployment in several sites. Provided Onsite Materials Procurement and Provisioning Organized and Implemented Deployment Strategies to Achieve Objectives Provided Tier 3 Support for all Site Locations to Ensure Project Completion for Deadlines Interfaced and Communicated with Several Clients, Vendors, and Resource Providers Performed QA and Auditing Duties to Validate and Provide Accountability for Proper Installations
Performed Retail IT Device Upgrade for Cash registers, Hand Held IR Scanners, Thin Clients Upgraded and Configured Cisco Routers and Re-Patched and Documented Network Cables Layout Installed, Configured and Tested Cisco Firewalls Performed QA testing, documentation and Interfaced with Clients, Vendors and Management Implemented Best Practices for IT Security including OS Hardening and Applying Security Templates Provided Onsite Tech Support for Cigna Health Investors Conference - Mandarin Hotel, NYC setup local network, switch, cables, file shares, printers, Projectors, etc