Reliable candidate seeking a Systems Administrator role in the IT field. Offers strong technical troubleshooting skills with the ability to learn new tasks quickly, and adapt to constant changing situations. Demonstrates good written and verbal communication and strives to provide exceptional customer service. Effectively works independently or in a team environment to complete tasks on schedule.
Networking: TCP/IP LAN/WAN Protocols, Network and Systems Management, File Transfer Protocols. System/Network Administration
Operating Systems: Windows: 98/2000/XP/Vista/7/Server 2003-2008 Linux
Application: Microsoft Office, Visio, Project Open Office, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Norton/ McAfee, VMware, Virtual PC, Python / Raptor, Java, GWI Ticketing system, Service now ticketing system, Dameware remote tool, Autostore, Rightfax
Technical Support: Troubleshoot Hardware, Software, Network Connectivity, Software Installation Support, MFD Administration, Server Administration, Active Directory, Print server administration
Hardware: Desktop/Laptop Reassemble, Upgrade and Repair, IDE/SATA Hard drive, Motherboard, Power Supply, Compact Disk Drive, Flash Memory, Router
Awards/Certifications COMPTIA Sec , National Technical Honors Society, Salutatorian, Honors
- Provide IT and MFD administration support for DoD enterprise network
- Fleet Management of MFD's consisting of 600 devices. Configurations package building, STIG package building and updating.
- Operations and Compliancy for devices scanning to network by way of authentication, in accordance to Infosec, IA, USAMITC, and DoD
- Administration, Operations, and Management of 9 application servers, supporting 2 services Autostore- Authenticated scanning to network, Rightfax- Electronic desktop and MFD faxing over IP
- Administration of print server
- Support Helpdesk as a Systems Matter Expert for escalated issues, technical perspective, and training of MFD
- Participate as a Team/Project lead to provide technical perspective to leadership, as well as complete projects within the projected timeline.operations.
PC Technician contract
- Provided technical support to multiple workstations
- Upgraded PC operating systems
- Deployed Windows 7 pro using imaging software
- Worked the network manager for technical resolutions
Computer Technician Intern
- Provided technical support to commercial and residential customers.
- Troubleshot and repaired Laptop/Desktop hardware and software problems.
- Wiped, reloaded, and installed Windows/Linux based operating systems.
- Configured software and hardware for best optimization and performance.
- Communicated with customers about computer related issues, and resolutions.
- Documented all steps taken to resolve computer problems.
- Read product manuals to resolve problems.
Heavy Equipment Mechanic
- Inspected, serviced and repaired all machinery and equipment to maintain proper working and safe conditions according to Government and company standards.
- Effectively communicated with consumers to relate any equipment issues and ensure complete satisfaction.
- Coordinated with customers for equipment pick-ups and drop-offs.
- Worked with school age children, ages 5-13, to prepare plans and activities.
- Interacted with staff and parents, to track behavior and learning progress. Supervised children insuring proper safety activities are being conducted.
- Supervised staff of 12, ensuring employees fulfilled job duties as defined by company standards.
- Scheduled employee in-services and special projects.
- Organized and filedemployee records.
- Interviewed, and trained newly hired employees, as well as current employees to perform job functions as assigned, and in accordance to MSDS standards and guidelines.
- Processed payroll, maintained an inventory of all items stored and used, and purchased all items as needed.
- Communicated with department managers to resolve concerns or conflicts.