- Highly accomplished Senior Systems Engineer with a proven track record of effective systems operations and support demonstrated through hands-on experience in the design, development, and maintenance of network and software connectivity applications.
- Proficient in PC to network installation and configuration, software and hardware upgrades and replacements, system administration, and cross-platform integration.
- Influential communicator collaborating effectively with across all management and staff levels regarding new processes recommended solutions that consistently increase productivity.
- Skilled trainer and team leader able to direct multiple tasks effectively and master innovative technologies and tools in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent project management and diagnostic skills able to identify problems in initial stages and execute quick resolutions.
- Hold current SECRET Department of Defense security clearance.
- Network Infrastructure Configuration / Project Management / Quality Analysis
- Systems Implementation / Troubleshooting / Training Leadership / Maintenance Support
Windows XP/Vista/ 7 Server 2003,2008 Linux Fedora, Blackberry Enterprise for Exchange server, Novell Zenworks, VMware VSphere/ESX, Lotus Notes 8.52, Lync 2010, Solidworks 2014 Made 2 Manage ERP, Exchange 2010
Microsoft Office 2010, Outlook, Client32, TCP/IP, Nortel Cisco VPN, Ghost, NetAdmin95, DNS, NetWare 6.3, Novell Enterprise 11, Groupwise, MS Exchange, HP Jetadmin, Timbuktu, VNC, Win Install, ADSM, Veritas Netbackup DLO, Project, Visio, , NetWare Admin, FrontPage, Apache, SAMBA, SharePoint, Autocad, GWI Help Desk Ticketing, WhatsUp Gold, Laboratory Robotics,.
Senior Systems Engineer
Key Achievements: :
- Architected and Implemented a VMware VSphere 4/5 High Availability, Full DRS environment for multiple critical applications infrastructure in addition to virtualizing over 300 virtual machines to OEM specs.
- Successful completion of multiple VMWare resource pools housing over 100 virtual machines using VMware View Technology with PCoIP devices.
- Part of a team of Engineers that orchestrated a successful migration of 2 companies.
- Setup Dell EqualLogic's SAN shared storage on an array using Raid-50 on multiple sites with 10gb HBA's.
- Managed daily backups of servers using Symantec Backup Exec 2010r2/r3 and 2012.
- Multiple Server upgrades from Server 2003 to 2008R2 to 2012 to include SQL databases and Exchange.
- Successful deployment of SolidWorks 2014 Enterprise Software
- Effectively managed 3-member team in on-budget deployment of multiple computers and software, completing project ahead of schedule
- Successful implementation of Made 2 Manage ERP system.
- VMware 4.1 to 5.0 to 5.1 to 5.5 upgrades along with VMware View and Horizons View.
Senior Systems Engineer
- Managed a complete network upgrade for small businesses within multiple sites.
- Successfully transferred secured data from a company merger/buyout.
- Part of a team that successfully migrated email data from MS Outlook to Lotus Notes for 600 users.
- Member of a planning team for the deployment of Windows 7, Server 2008 and 185 applications for over 350 users and 100 servers within a 9 month long project.
- Successfully deployed Blackberry Enterprise server for Lotus Notes 8.5 and MS Exchange.
- Novell Groupwise administration for 150 users.
IT Specialist / Project Manager
- Planned and spearheaded implementation of end-to-end LAN/WAN, VPN, and VoIP rollout for 3 offices, including creation of 900 user accounts completed project ahead of schedule and within budget.
- Effectively managed 15-member team in on-budget deployment of 850 computers across 11 locations, completing project ahead of schedule.
- Entrusted with investigating cases of suspected computer crimes and gross violations of user policies, conducting in-depth interviews and system research.
- Partnered with peers and managers to plan and complete a 2.9M network design and implementation project, affecting locations throughout the state.
- Served as subject-matter expert for network / connectivity concerns during the course of a 1.3M office relocation.
- Played a key role in turning around struggling region, achieving 1 position within 2 quarters.
- Recognized on two occasions with Achievers Award for outstanding performance and consistent ranking as 1 in company for sales and customer satisfaction.
- Devised and implemented new installation scheduling calendar, increasing accuracy and timeliness in coordinating product delivery.
- Ensured customer satisfaction by creating a detailed checklist of products and services, including delivery and installation information.
- Developed and implemented new testing procedures with weekly deadlines, which facilitated the ability to effectively meet line of business objectives.
- Created numerous documents to track progress of particular projects and outline start to finish of individual projects.
- Designed software testing environment comprised of multiple servers and workstations including switches and routers.
- Spearheaded development of new computer lab for students that included 150 desktops and multiple file servers.
- Created a comprehensive knowledge base for staff members and students detailing basic troubleshooting techniques for applications.
- Served as Technical Lead and provided extensive troubleshooting of technical issues during early stages of OS platform and network server software conversion.
- Successfully trained Mac Technicians to support PCs and its applications including network troubleshooting by providing one-on-one instruction.