Summary of Objective:
To gain the position of Systems Administrator where my professional experience and competencies will contribute positively.
- Possess 12 years of professional experience in the Information Technology field
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong Project Management skills
- In-depth knowledge of network and systems integration including, MS Exchange, web server, database systems, desktop applications and application servers
- Possess 5 years administering NetApps Storage systems SAN
- Experience administering Active Directory, DNS and DHCP
- Experience maintaining and administering Blackboard LMS
- Familiar with Firewall, routers, and switch configuration and network security
- Extensive experience in planning, deploying and maintaining a Cisco network
- Possess extensive knowledge of network troubleshooting with various software tools and devices
- Goal-oriented and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Good organizational and management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows Servers, Microsoft Exchange, SQL Server and VMware
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products and enterprise backup systems
- In-depth knowledge of Cisco Firewalls, Routers, and Switches
- Extensive knowledge with NetApps and Data ONTAP storage systems
Professional Work Experience:
Manager of Network Infrastructure
- Responsible for coordinating all facets of the college's data infrastructure including local and Internet connectivity.
- Designed, lead and rolled out server load balancing for our ERP system increasing uptime from 94 to 99.98
- Implemented, support and maintain the colleges email Exchange system and VoIP phone system.
- Responsible for leading the design, and Implementation of all network and IT systems projects.
- Develop and manage the IT budget, provide reports for administrative review
- Lead the successful implementation of VMware on the ACPHS campus and virtualized over 35 physical servers
Systems Network Administrator
- Plan, develop and maintain server and deployment infrastructure for college's computer network containing over 50 servers.
- Maintain backup and file services for over 25TB of data.
- Manage and oversee two other systems support staff in day-to-day as well as long term planning.
- Involved in the installation and administration of NetApps FAS3020 and FAS 2040 on the ACPHS campus
- Keep abreast of security concerns and issues for operating systems to provide patches for campus.
- Advise CTO on long range planning and management issues.
- Involved in many technology committees for deployment of services and infrastructure department, school and campus-wide
- Perform diagnostics, installation and maintenance on a wide variety of IT equipment at customer locations, including servers, routers, workstations, Printers and Point of sale equipment
- Perform regular backups/maintenance on customer equipment
- Keep good customer relations
- Responsible for organizing and maintaining a large inventory of equipment
- Network Technician for a large variety of different clients
- Responsible for designing, installing and maintaining a large variety of local area customers networks/computer systems
- Hardware/software troubleshooting
- Bridge between vendors, contractors, and engineers
- Installation of network/telecom infrastructure and equipment
- Run and terminate network and phone cables including coax, fiber and ABAM
- Install phone/data servers and switches
- Test and resolve network/telecom equipment
- Make sure projects are on track, on time, and within budget.