PROFILE: Over twenty years of experience in information technology, including Fortune 500 companies, gaining expertise in multiple facets of systems engineering, network operations and desktop support, providing services to domestic and global business units.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Microsoft Windows Novell ARCserveIT Microsoft Office Outlook GroupWise Lotus Notes Rumba/AS400 Servers Routers Hubs Switches T1 PBX Lines Printers/Copiers VMware Virtualize Test Environment AdminStudio Active Directory Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager LANDesk Management Suite Citrix Metaframe XenApp Clients WYSE Device Manager Cortado ThinPrint Wireless Accessories Peripherals
DESKTOP SUPPORT ENGINEER
- Refresh Project, Norwalk Hospital, to replace 360 workstations 100 laptops that are 5 years older. Track replaced equipment for asset control, and prepare old desktops laptops for decommission.
- Assist in implementing LANDesk Management Suite 9.5 SP1 creating the golden image and using provisioning templates to reduce image and software installation times, create software distributions packages, locate discover Unmanaged Devices, Reduce vulnerabilities by keeping the patch definitions up-to-date and deployed to workstation Laptops out of compliance
- Assigned LANDesk Service Desk tickets, IT Service Requests, and multiple application upgrade projects.
TECHNOLOGIES ENGINEER III
- Manage client technology systems, smart devices/cell phones and tablets and associated applications, including installations, configuring, patching, and upgrades.
- Provide enterprise-side Level III technical support.
- Monitor and perform troubleshooting services to ensure network reliability.
- Manage, design, configure, and deploy thin print solutions.
- Track and manage help desk ticketing system in support of 5,000 users.
- Placed on Project Team for upgrades from Windows XP SP2 to Windows XP SP3, conversion from Microsoft Communicator 2005 to Microsoft 2007 R2, and migrate HEAT to SAP-CRM Customer Relationship Manager system.
- Created a service desk procedure manual for new hires, and it is used today as a reference guide for troubleshooting.
- Trained and mentored Service Desk Associates globally.
- Led side by side migration to upgrade LANDesk Management Suite 9.0 to version 9.5 to an upgraded server.
- Worked with AT T, Verizon and Sprint to track service account and overages, and worked with Tangoe to reduce the number of unknown services from 500 to 15 on a continual basis.
- Promoted from Temporary Employee to Customer Support Specialist and to Client Technologies Engineer.
SYSTEMS SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE/DESKTOP SUPPORT, Contractor
- Provided desktop support for 400 users covering laptops, Dell desktops and work-at-home telecommuting issues.
- Supported a migration to a new Microsoft environment, UAT.
- Resolved an average of 68 remedy tickets per month.
ASSOCIATE SYSTEMS ENGINEER
- Worked in a team and project management role to facilitate the building of applications on the network.
- Upgraded to Windows 2000/XP and Novell operating systems.
- Conducted testing to ensure that application will run on new operating systems.
- Helped lead efforts to change operating systems or alter applications, working with vendor partners to ensure compatibility.
- Serviced the needs of wide area network users ranging from 20 to 400.
- Managed lengthy projects covering privacy issues including inscription of files and new partitions.
- Helped lead efforts to migrate from Novell to Microsoft, using Microsoft Server Client 2003.
ASSOCIATE SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Conducted VMware testing, virtualization set-up/test environments and set-up of virtualization machines to increase the speed of building applications.