- Senior Network Engineer with key strengths in NetApp, VMware, Microsoft Windows and Exchange servers, Blackberry Enterprise Server and handhelds administration, IBM Blade center administration.
- 13 years of experience in Windows, Novell Netware and Linux servers.
- Implementation and administration of Microsoft Exchange and GroupWise email servers.
- Installation and maintenance of VMware ESX/ESXi servers with HA, DRS and Virtual Desktops
- SAN administration with FC, iSCSI protocols
- NAS administration with NFS, CIFS protocols
- SQL server 2000/2005 administration
- Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop server administration
- Workstation management with Desktop Authority and GPOs
- Novell NetWare to Microsoft conversion experience
- EDirectory services to Active Directory conversion experience.
- Implementation and Management of Disaster Recovery site
- Solid project management experience.
- Bachelor of Engineering degree in Electronics and Communications
SUMMARY OF EXPERTISE
- Hardware installation and maintenance of Controllers, Disk shelves and Disks
- Performing OnTap Upgrades
- Creation and maintenance of Aggregates, Volumes, Qtrees and LUNs
- Creation and maintenance of CIFS and NFS Shares
- Configuring, scheduling and maintaining Snapshots and Snapmirrors.
- Installation and utilization of Snapdrive
- Backup and Restore using Snap Manager for Exchange
- Single Mailbox Recovery SMBR software for restoring or exporting individual emails/contacts and also for email data analysis purpose
- Backup and Restore using Snap Manager for SQL
- Managing iSCSI and FCP networks, iSCSI initiators and initiator groups
- Managing Network interfaces, Virtual interfaces and VLANs
- Design and implementation of Virtual Infrastructure.
- VMware ESX/ESXi servers installation, configuration and Maintenance
- Creation and maintenance of Clusters, Datastores, Resource pools and VMs
- Virtual Center server administration
- Applying patches, service packs and upgrade using Update Manager
- Creation and configuration of vSwitches, Port Groups, VLAN tagging and VMkernel Port
- Installation and configuration of servers roles such as Hub transport, Mailbox, Edge Transport and CAS
- Configuration of High Availability with Database Availability Group for Mailbox databases.
- Configuration of Client Access server for MAPI, Web App, Outlook Anywhere and Active Sync clients
- Configuration of Edge Transport server
- Proficiency in various tools such as Exchange System Management console, Exchange system manager, Best Practice Analyzer and ECP
- Configuring and Managing Transport rules, Journaling, Distribution Groups and Messaging policy and compliance.
- Managing Exchange 2003 MSCS environment.
Blackberry and Active sync:
- Installation and Configuration of Blackberry server 5.x with High Availability
- Managing over 100 Blackberry users
- Managing various policies for the BB handhelds
- Deploying corporate application Dictation Software for BB handhelds.
- Managing over 50 users with iPhones, iPADs and Androids.
- Managing Windows 2003 and 2008 servers
- Managing Domain Controllers and Active Directory Users Computers
- Managing DNS, DHCP and Print servers
- Installation and Maintenance of SQL 2000,2005 2008 database servers
- Creating and Maintaining SQL Database Maintenance plans
- Managing desktops using GPOs and Desktop Authority
Senior Network Engineer
Installing and managing over 100 VMs, 6 ESX vSphere servers, 4 ESXi servers, 13 Domain controllers, physical servers and IBM Blade center with 10 blades.
- Operating Systems
Installing Windows 2003 2008 servers and applying services packs patches. Troubleshoot the problems efficiently and maintain above 98 servers uptime.
- SAN Administration
Installed and configured IBM N5200 NetApp FAS 3020 dual storage controllers with cluster. Also installed and configured IBM N3300 NetApp FAS 2020 at the DR facility.
LUNs are presented to the servers using software iSCSI initiators with multipath.
Experience in using NetApp products such as Snap Manager for Exchange, Snap Manager for SQL, SMBR software, Snap drive, Snap Restore and Flex clone volumes for testing purposes.
- MS Exchange
Installing and Managing Exchange 2003 servers with Microsoft Cluster services. Managing over 450 users' mailboxes in 3 Storage groups and 6 databases.
Recently installed Exchange 2010 servers 3 Mailbox servers, 2 Hub transport, 3 Client Access servers and in the process of migrating users from Exchange 2003 to 2010.
Installing and managing multiple Citrix XenApp servers and managing farms.
Installing and configuring Secure Gateway servers and web interface server. Also managing and publishing applications.
Currently working on deploying Citrix Xendesktops using provisioning services and machine assignment policies.
Installing and Managing over 65 applications such as Document Management system, Contacts Management software, Accounting software, HR software and applications pertaining to practice groups.
- Blackberry servers
Installing and Managing Blackberry servers 5.x with high availability and SQL database mirroring.
Activating and supporting Blackberry handhelds support for over 100 users.
- DR Site
Installing and Managing ESXi servers for DR purpose, configured NetApp volumes with Snapmirror to be presented to the servers.
- Supporting remote offices and end user problems
Supporting 15 remote offices all over the US. Working with IT liaisons to manage the remote office servers.
Network Engineer/ Project Manager
- Supporting system administrators on server related problems and making sure of smooth functionality
- Upgrading NetWare from NetWare Ver: 5.1 to NetWare Ver: 6.5.
- Implementing Novell projects
- VERITAS BACK-UP EXEC 9.1 for NetWare Servers installation and troubleshooting. Guiding System administrators to troubleshoot and schedule back up jobs
- Deploying and Maintaining Symantec Anti-Virus Corporate Edition on servers.
- Installing and configuring Branch Office
- Installing and configuring ZENworks
- GroupWise installation and Maintenance
- Representing GAVS Information Services Pvt. Ltd. in Service Level Agreement Reviews.
- Manager for a team of 18. Representing the team in all Issues and Concerns with the Senior Management and Client.
- Active participant in implementation of BS 7799 and CMMI Level 5 Policies.
- Member of the Team of Internal Quality Auditors. Responsible for auditing Projects Team members for Process Compliance
- Providing Customer Support for ArcServe for NetWare Ver. 6.1, 6.6, 7.0, and 9.0 - Backup agents For NetWare, NT, Open file Agent, GroupWise Agent, Disaster Recovery, Tape Library option, RAID option and SAN
- Working Online with Production server to troubleshoot the problem relating to Backup, Restore and storage Management.
- Supporting ArcServe for NT Ver. 6.5, 6.61, 2000,9.0 - Backup agent for NT, Netware, Open file agent, SQL agent, Lotus Notes agent, Exchange server agent, Disaster Recovery, RAID option, Oracle agent, NAS and SAN Option.
- Configuring Backup servers, Tape drives, Tape Library Changer devices , Optical Drives, SCSI Controllers, SAN Storage Area Network and Network devices.
- Planning and Implementing Enterprise backup Solution for the larger Networks.
- Restoring backed up data during a critical failure of servers.
Customer Support Engineer
- Installation and Maintenance of Acer servers, Desktops, Printers and associated peripherals under Windows 2000, Windows NT, Novell Netware 6.0,5.x, Netware 4.x with SFT-III, SCO Unix operating systems
- Design, Installation and Maintenance of Local Area Network
- Additionally handled Technical Escalations, Customer Relationship, Engineer Co-ordination