- Additional experience includes the following:
- Information Technology Professional experienced with Windows, Linux and UNIX operating systems and hardware components.
- Performed Active Directory installation, configuration, and management.
- Knowledgeable in Cloud and Virtualization.
- Large Scale, Mission Critical, Infrastructure Management Experience
- Compliance/Information Assurance IA
- Team Leadership and Management Experience
- Configuration Management
- Apache, Winbind, Oracle database, Tivoli, Nagios, VMWare ESX, Linux KBM, Platform LSF, BMC ITSM, and Oracle.
- Storage Experience with TSM
- Ubuntu Server 10.04, 11.04,12.04, 12.10
- Strong experience with Red Hat Linux Versions 5 6.3 , RHEL Workstation, Compute Node, and RHEL Client, Fedora, CentOS, Oracle Linux, Oracle Virtual Server, Oracle Virtual Manager.
Area of Expertise
| || || || |
Linux System Engineer III
- Lead the HPC Linux team and provided support for an 8,000 node cluster
- Delivered an OpenStack private cloud environment
- Invited to speak on behalf of the Broad at the Red Hat Summit regarding our OpenStack implementation.
- Responsible for Server hardware and vendor management
- Served as the highest escalation point
- Provided new technology evaluations and innovation to projects
- Architectural leadership
- Displayed a solid understanding of Linux and Windows operating systems and network storage
- technologies and protocols
- Demonstrated experience in management of automated OS installation and configuration
- management systems
- Demonstrated a basic understanding of IT security principles and best practices
- Hands-on experience with distributed resource management and virtualization technologies
- Provided management on large projects. This included RHEL migration, OpenStack deployment, and large infrastructure installs.
- Experience mentoring junior level systems administrators
- Provided highest level of support on technical computing issues to end users and developers
- Demonstrated public presentation skills
- Experience communicating technical issues to executive level audience
- Experience with HPC and parallel compute farm scheduling environments including LSF and
Senior Linux Engineer
- Responsible for maintaining an in-depth awareness of the latest technologies and trends in Linux and Storage technologies and recommends new technologies for possible business application.
- Design processes for administrating, monitoring and reporting network capacity disk, memory, user accounts, data directories, CPU utilization, patch levels, etc. . Design and maintain documentation for server configurations, disaster recovery procedures and backup procedures.
- Provide technical consulting to the I.S. Service Desk, internal customers and other IS functional areas with regard to network hardware, software and capabilities.
- Responsible for all Linux OS server builds, both physical and Virtual. Including configuration to the SAN, and managing partitions via LVM.
- Build scripts across the environment for automation purposes. patching, disaster recovery, system maintenance.
- Lead small to medium size projects, generally related to O M functions.
- Utilize and manage third party vendors in systems support and implementations when necessary.
- Provide project management skills for the development of project plans for self and others within the group, as well as provided assistance in the development of mid and long range planning for IS.
- Administer High Availability Oracle and SAP production environments.
- Administer and support and administration of VMware and Oracle Virtual Manager Virtual environments.
Red Hat Linux HPC Engineer
- Responsible for engineering application support including troubleshooting software/hardware issues, deployment of software/hardware, trouble ticket resolution.
- Provide day to day support for Linux servers and workstations, including a High-performance computing HPC environment. Demonstrated a strong knowledge and expertise in supporting Linux servers and workstations Red Hat/Ubuntu .
- Proficient in supporting Windows Servers 2003/2008 and desktops XP/Windows 7 . Experience with installing and running Linux based applications in an HPC environment LSF, SGE, other .
- Interface with engineering teams as an IT consultant and/or analyst, gathering customer requirements ensuring consistency with organizational goals.
- Manage standard application configurations for engineering teams. Research new technologies and trends to support for both IT and Engineering projects.
- Provide level II support of high end technology issues and/or day to day operational issues.
- Responsible for all change approvals on Harris Compute Grid.
- In charge of approval process regarding user access on Harris Compute Grid
- Team leader responsible for expansion of Harris Grid.
Systems Administrator / Compute Cloud Delivery Project: IBM Compute Cloud
- Responsible for managing a 30 member international team. USA, India, Germany
- Created operational and technical process documentation.
- Responsible for project delivery.
- Worked with other teams to develop infrastructure support outlines.
- Responsible for developing and teaching an international knowledge transfer training program.
- Developed support tools wiki, support forum, documentation database
- Project lead for my department's role in IBM's Compute Cloud support structure.
- 24x7 on-call escalation contact for severity 1 and severity 2 issues.
- Organized and assisted in RCA documentation
- Analyzed system logs and identified potential issues with computer systems.
- Selected as a member of an elite team that introduced new technology and created new industry standards for the enterprise. IBM Compute Cloud, VMware, RHEL with KVM, Lotus Mobile Application.
- Configuration and management of Terminal Services for remote users
- Administration of Linux and Wintel production environments.
- Performed Active Directory installation, configuration, and management.
- Assisted in design and testing of image rollout procedures
- Trusted with responsibility for maintaining IBM brand and site accessibility through onsite support.
- Performed backups on AIX, Wintel, and RHEL production environments.
- Applied operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes.
- Responsible for installing and configuring new hardware and software.
- Added, removed, or updated user account information, resetting, etc.
- Researched new technology and implementation costs.
- Responsible for documenting the configuration of a system. Ensured that the network infrastructure is up and running.
NOC Data Technician
- Responsible for the initial evaluation and resolution of external client troubles in a fast paced technical support environment.
- Duties included comprehensive troubleshooting of facility, service and feature based issues on a converged voice and data network.
- Exercised the ability to be team oriented, have experience in an ISP support call center environment, and able to work with internal and external contacts on behalf of our clients.
- Focused on resolution techniques for a wide range of carrier network, ISP platform delivery of email, Web, DNS and Internet Security and client premise equipment issues affecting the delivery of One Communications Business Class Data Services.
- Efficiently took inbound trouble calls troubles on inception identifying issues and providing a recommended course of action toward resolution.
NOC Data Technician
- Provided optimized support in advanced unified communications.
- Excelled in Cisco and Adtran products, IP infrastructure, and VPN MPLS.
- Demonstrated working high level trouble ticket queues, providing optimal customer support, and demonstrated leadership within our team.
- Responsible for analyzing, testing, isolating and correcting all PAETEC network issues. Including problems with Local, Long Distance, Data, and Enhanced services.
- Monitoring alarms Harris system, air conditioning, fire, and door alarms for T1's and equipment in switches throughout company.
- Answer customer calls from customer service, sales and directly to NOC regarding trouble tickets and service issues.
- Test T-1's to make sure they are operating effectively, or to determine where problem is and solution to problem.
- Fraud pager monitoring responsibilities.
- Worked trouble tickets regarding service related troubles/issues to resolution.
- Completed and managed translations changes in response to customer reported troubles.
- Provided OJT to teammates as well as outside training.
- Served as on-call for B shift, C shift and weekend shifts duties include monitoring network alarms, answering customer service lines and monitoring fraud alarms.
High Speed DATA Technician
- Demonstrated the ability to follow escalation procedures to respond to out of service conditions while utilizing great analytical skills.
- Worked with local and global RDC/GNOC to resolve individual and multiple customer service problems.
- Utilized a practical working knowledge of advanced diagnostic tools.
- Analyzed, diagnosed, and corrected hardware and/or software errors associated with all HSD/voice equipment.
- Provided first class customer service over the phone, email, and chat.
- Demonstrated good verbal and written communications skills.
- Excelled in my ability to learn and understand frequently changing technical terminology.
- Demonstrated my ability to apply advanced product knowledge and problem solving/troubleshooting skills
- Required to respond to all terms of service violations in accordance with company and ISP policy.
- Worked pro-actively to reduce volume of terms of service violations.
- Demonstrated the ability to communicate with company legal department representatives as well as being responsible for communicating directly with local and federal law enforcement.