To further my professional IT career and advance my networking knowledge with a prosperous company offering growth, opportunity and advancement while achieving the goals of the organization.
Operating Systems: Red Hat, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Unix, BackTrack 5, Windows Enterprise Server 00-12, Windows SBS 03-08, Novell Netware, NT 4.0, Windows 95-Win8
Networks: 10/100/1000Mbps LANs, WANs, TCP/IP, DHCP server/client, ICMP, DNS, SMNP, SMTP, SSH, Telnet, subnetting, VLSM, TCP/UDP, RIP/RIP2, VLANs, STP, Trunking, VPNs, IPsec, VOIP, Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n, BSS, ESS, Broadband Satellite.
Software: Cisco IOSv12 CLI, Cisco's SDM, Active Directory, Exchange, FTP, TFTP/ SFTP, Wireshark, BackTrack 5 tools, SQL Express 05/08, MySQL, SQL server, query analyzer, Oracle, SAP, VMware player/workstation, Virtualbox, Sharepoint, Hyper V, Powershell, Apache, LanDesk, Veritas, Intronis, Mozy, Carbonite.
Hardware: Fiber, Cat5-6, mounting racks, patch panels, Juniper SSG-5, Sonicwall firewalls, Cisco switches 2900/5000 series, Cisco routers 1800/2500-2600 series, ISR brands: Linksys, Netgear, D-Link, 2wire. High-end Server / Blade manufacturers: Dell, IBM, HP. WICs, CSU/DSU, tape drives.
Concepts: Cisco's life cycle, Frame Relay, HDLC, PPP, Virtualization, RAID 1/0/5/10, POP3, IMAP, basic Linux Kernel modification, Public and Private cloud management through OpenStack, SAN-NAS, Network security: switchport security, firewall: IDS, IPS policy setup. WEP, WPA/2, NAT/PAT, port forwarding, Zenmap, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP. Confidential
Network Engineer / Manager
- private home users and small business enterprises.
- Technical service company which provides installation assistance and support for
- Utilizing Cisco's life cycle model: Designed, implemented
- Setup switchport security on 2900 series Cisco switches
- Configured VLANs, enabled trunking, STP, and
- Static and dynamic route configuration
- Configured RIP / RIP2 routing protocols on 2500 series Cisco routers
- CAT5e cable runs
- Class A/B/C private 10/100/1000Mbps LANs to client's specifications
- Wireless network SOHO / SBE setup and configuration assistance
- ISR brands serviced: Linksys, Netgear, D-Link, 2wire
- VPN remote setup, IPsec
- Firewall: Sonicwall configuration IDS, IPS policies
- Network analysis, management, security penetration testing
- Applied OSI model in troubleshooting analysis of server, workstations and
- associated systems.
- Evaluated system performance and implemented performance tuning
Windows SBS / Enterprise Server 2012 Ubuntu 12 , Red Hat 6
Network Admin / POS analyst
Emporos Systems Corp. is the leading provider of pharmacy point of sale POS solutions. Their Merchantsoft system addresses the unique needs of pharmacies, enabling pharmacists to quickly verify prescriptions and current customer medications.
Held multi-faceted responsibilities to provide network and system administration over network infrastructure and telecommunications systems that supported 40 staff personnel. Fulfilled administrative responsibilities including the addition and changes of desktops and email accounts.
- Configured VOIP telecommunication devices
- Private Class A subnet IP assignment of POS and Windows Server 2003 systems.
- Juniper SSG-5 IDS IPS firewall rules configuration. Port forwarding administration.
- Created and exported config file for Juniper via console cable. Setup Class A static inside local and Class C inside global NAT addresses.
- Intronis online backup solutions administrator
- Heavy SQL Server 2000, SQL Server Express 05 database management and maintenance ODBC setup to accommodate Access 97 database.
- XML file modification for QHP items gateway payment processing verification administration
- Administered services through Wireless 802.11g network BSS which was later expanded to ESS with addition of 802.11n access point.
- RAID 1 setup on POS servers for data redundancy.
- Managed relationships with hardware vendors when ordering POS equipment or Dell PowerEdge. series blade servers for app and dev team. Rack mounted / wired new equipment in data room.
- Onsite technical POS network installation and support.
- Educate and provide business owners onsite POS training.
- Managed and modified client's router settings onsite to accommodate new server and POS systems.
- VMware workstation provided virtual environment to test new deployment software.
- Recommended modifications to improve speed of operations and system security measures.
- Improved equipment control capabilities by developing a comprehensive inventory management program.
- Provide helpdesk software and hardware support for proprietary POS software and peripherals.
| Confidential |
Technical Recruiter / Account Executive
Robert Half Technology provides customers with experts in programming, networking, help desk support, etc. for technology consulting and full time worker placement. The company earned 3 billion in revenue and 37 million in net income in 2009.
- Source, screen, and shepherd technical candidates through a successful interviewing and candidate experience
- Design and implement creative candidate sourcing methodologies
- Strategize with hiring managers regarding new/replacement positions
- Manage the quality of candidate communication, negotiate salary offers and perform reference checks for candidates
- Educate and influence hiring managers on candidate skill sets, recruiting process, strategy and market conditions
Jr. Admin / POS Analyst
- Manage all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, hubs, and UPSs for over 800 restaurant locations across the eastern US.
- Managed the day to day technical support through Peregrine service management software and Terminal Services.
- Assisted with the integration and configuration of Broad Band Satellite installation for restaurants. Installed and configured various Cisco switch/hub types 2950, 1538 and 1918. Remotely pushed new software through LanDesk Management software.
- Identified potential problems and areas for improvement relating to onsite network design. Setup restaurant server / POS configuration, utilizing mirroring, ghosting, RAID 1 0 and resolving database issues using MS SQL query analyzer.
- Documented and implemented new Information Services related procedures.
- Provided level 3 technical services and support for all POS systems software and hardware.
Network Admin / Tech Specialist / Sales Manager
- National Tech Express is an information technology company providing network support and services repair in the Miami area.
- Responsible for administering group policies and email servicing using Windows Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange 2000/2004 over a computing network using primarily Windows Server 2000/2003 architectures. Performed the general troubleshooting activities of LAN/WAN administration using different ICMP echo reply/request commands. Other responsibilities include Internet Protocol Telephony IPT , SMTP, TCP/IP, WINS, DNS, VOIP, Broad band administration. In addition I had the opportunity to interface directly with customers and contribute to new business development initiatives in Information Technology. Demonstrated knowledge, pertaining to regulations and compliance of Sarbanes Oxley and HIPPA.
- Experienced implementation/software consultant with specific expertise configuring small peer-to-peer shared and wireless 802.11b networks. Configured various routers, firewall hardware and software such as McAfee Security Suite, Norton Anti-Virus Enterprise Edition ver. 10, Sonicwall, Netgear, Linksys routers and setup file and print sharing.
- Symantec Backup Exec for backup and disaster recovery.
- Interfaced directly with top-level executives, presented proposals, negotiated contracts and coordinated implementation and design.
- Network data management and maintenance of data processing network services and equipment in a network control center. In addition to the planning and coordination of all network systems for a large department with geographically dispersed networks and variations in operating systems requiring communications coordination. Used applications: VPN, RAS, DSL, ISDN and POTS. Also programmed various IBM, TN3270 and AS400 mainframe sessions through Rhumba, View Now, Chameleon and Myattachmate Extra. Windows 2000 Active Directory was used to create new accounts, manage resources and services.
- Light database administration: Oracle, ODBC, SAP
- Thin client Citrix Metaframe, and Business Objects configuration and setup.
- Audited Windows 95 and NT workstations within LAN internetwork for W2K upgrade. Verifying applications compatibility with W2K through the use of proprietary software. This included the following programs: Scifinder 2000, Unigraphics 16 and SAP.
- Documented network printer paths and file extension .pab, .pst locations pertaining to Outlook 98 and 2000. Transposed data to Compaq refresh site.
- Organized and implemented the relocation of networked devices throughout the plant. Made modifications for daily and project relocations attuning to each customer's request utilizing
- Managed a team of technicians and controlled all change orders for all responsible projects.
- Upgraded Network infrastructure for distributed NT network with Cisco 5000 series switches.
- Rack mounted and configured via Telnet or direct console connection to Cisco switches to verify port status.
- Patched fiber fed Cisco 10/100/1000Mbps speed switches in all data closets to Cat 5 panels.
- Rewired data closets removing CAT3 and routed new CAT5 UTP cables.
Data Communications Technician
- Responsible for the installation, testing, troubleshooting and repair of data communication lines and equipment throughout network.
- Installed Cisco and Alcatel routers, switches, hubs and CAT5 wiring throughout various sections of the WINNT, Novell Netware, UNIX, Solaris LAN / WAN environment.
- Assisted in running 1000Mbps fiber optics to increase data transfer rate speed of 10/100 network.
- Learned telephony and PBX systems
- Imaged new workstations with Symantec Ghost and deployed to employees.
- Served as helpdesk manager for clients using Remote Desktop.
- Hardware PC technician.