Summary of SKILLS
- 8 years of IT experience as Network Engineer in configuring and deploying network devices like Cisco routers and Switches. Troubleshoots connectivity issues in small and large enterprise network environment.
- Expert level knowledge of troubleshooting, implementing, optimizing and testing of static and dynamic routing protocols such as EIGRP, OSPF, BGP ability to interpret and resolve complex route table problems.
- Worked on device Nexus one,S,4,5,7,10.
- Hands-on in implementing and troubleshooting Switch technologies such as STP, VTP, 802.1q, VLAN Hands-on network security protocols such as IPSEC tunnels, GRE tunnels, NAT, PAT, ACLs Gained experience working with Layer-2 and Layer-3 Switching and Security
- Gained expertise in writing test procedures and test plans with a strong understanding of design, implementation, and execution of testing methodologies
- Good knowledge of Switched Virtual Interface
- Fault Tolerance using HSRP and VRRP
- Knowledge of Cisco IOS, Cisco ASA, IDS/IPS good knowledge of OSI Model and TCP/IP networking standards with protocols such as SNMP, FTP, ICMP and IPv6
- Extensive hand on experience with complex routed LAN networks, CISCO Routers and Switches.
- Experience in the setup of Access-lists, RIP, EIGRP and tunnel installations.
- Proficiency in configuration of VLAN setup on various CISCO Routers and Switches.
- Excellent qualities such as Teamwork, Negotiation, Analysis and Communication.
Proficiency and TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Networking Technologies: LAN/WAN Architecture, TCP/IP, Frame Relay, VPN, VLAN, VTP, NAT, PAT, STP, RSTP, PVST, MSTP.
- Networking Hardware: Cisco Switches, Cisco Routers, ASA firewalls.
- Routing Protocols: OSPF, IGRP, EIGRP, RIP, IS-IS, BGP, Multicasting.
- Security Technologies: PAP, CHAP, Cisco ASA.
- Operating Systems: Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2000, Cisco IOS.
- Network Monitoring: Cisco Works 2000, Wire Shark.
- Network Simulators: Packet Tracer,GNS3
- Routers: CISCO 2600, 2800,3600,3800,6000,7000,7200
- Switches: CISCO 2900, 3500,4500,5000,6500
- Firewalls :ASA 5520/5550/5580
- Nexus 1,S,2,4,5,7,10,Q
Designation: Senior Network Engineer
- Hand on experience the configuration and implementation of various Cisco Routers L2/L3 Switches.
- Extensive experience in configuring and implementing OSPF and BGP.
- Monitored network for optimum distribution and load.
- Worked on device Nexus one,S,4,5,7,10.
- Supported core network consisting of Cisco 7200 series routers running multi area OSPF
- Installed and configured protocols like TCP/IP and Internet protocols on WAN network.
- Configuration of EIGRP and OSPF as interior gateway protocol with route filtering and route redistribution, installed and maintained Cisco 3600, 2600 and 7200 backbone routes with HSRP
- Implemented stub/Totally stub areas. Implemented various OSPF features like route-summarization and SPF throttling
- Used DHCP to automatically assign reusable IP addresses to DHCP clients
- Configured and installed multi-protocol IP, IPX multi-interface Cisco routers
- Replacing Checkpoint firewall with Cisco ASA firewall.
- Demonstrated the migration benefits from HSRP to GLBP. Successfully upgraded the existing network to GLBP for high availability and load balancing between distribution layer switches.
- Performed configuration of RADIUS, and TACACS along with other standard global configurations on existing client production routers and switches.
- Responsible for service request tickets generated by the helpdesk in all phases such as troubleshooting, maintenance, upgrades, patches and fixes with all around technical support
- Supporting EIGRP and BGP based network by resolving level 2 3 problems of internal teams external customers of all locations.
- Providing daily network support for national wide area network consisting of MPLS, VPN and point-to point site.
- Negotiate VPN tunnels using IPsec encryption standards and also configured and implemented site-to-site VPN, Remote VPN.
- Configuring STP for switching loop prevention and VLANs for data and voice along with Configuring port security for users connecting to the switches.
- Network Cabling, dressing, labeling and troubleshooting various network drops onsite.
- Developed documentation, system standards and SOPs within the organization.
- Support and lead implementation of Joint Task Force JTF growing network infrastructure.
Designation: Sr. Network Engineer
- Responsible for implementing, supporting, and maintaining 24x7 network services.
- Coordinated efforts with Engineer's to ensure all network devices conformed to defined network standards.
- Configured various Routing protocols such as RIP, OSPF, EIGRP, static routing.
- Maintaining Core Switches, creating VLANs and configuring VTP.
- Optimized performance of the WAN network consisting of Cisco 3550/4500/6500 switches by configuring VLANs.
- Configured OSPF for Stub area, Totally Stubby Area and NSSA.
- Executed BPDU Guard, port-fast, uplink fast and other spanning tree features on various layer 2 and layer 3 switches.
- Troubleshooting of Cisco 2900, 3900, 6500, 7500, 7200 Series routers.
- Back up a Cisco IOS to a TFTP server and Upgraded and restored a Cisco IOS from TFTP server.
- Responsible to work on Firewall and set the rules for the customer.
- Worked on Cisco ASA, firewalls.
- In-depth expertise in the implementation, optimization, troubleshooting and documentation of LAN/WAN networking systems.
- Worked on a broad range of topics such as proactive monitoring and maintenance, disaster recovery exercises, and core network repairs.
- Provide Support to Wireless clients for network troubleshooting.
- Route configuration and point code checks for System Technician and Network Technician.
- Knowledge and experience of 802.11 a/b/g/n Ethernet standard for wireless Technology.
- Configure wireless routers on enterprise network.
Designation: Network Engineer
- Assisted in troubleshooting LAN connectivity and hardware issues in the network of 100 hosts.
- Studied and analyzed client requirements to provide solutions for network design, configuration, administration, and security.
- Involved in troubleshooting IP addressing issues and Updating IOS images using TFTP.
- Maintained redundancy on Cisco 2600, 2800 and 3600 router with HSRP.
- Hands on experience in Cisco and Juniper Routers and Switches.
- Created a backup and recovery policy for software application and verified peripherals are working properly.
- Monitor performance of network and servers to identify potential problems and bottleneck.
- Performed RIP OSPF routing protocol administration.
- Interacted with support services to reduce the downtime on leased lines.
- Troubleshoot problems on a day to day basis provide solutions that would fix the problems within their Network.
- Monitor the operability and reliability of the network.
- Provided first-level contact and problem resolution for all issues around our VIOP Phone and will be setting up and deleting settings as well as trouble shooting the system.
- Maintained communications with internal customers during the problem resolution process.
- Maintenance and Troubleshooting of connectivity problems using Ping, Trace route.
- Managed the IP address space using subnets and variable length subnet masks VLSM .
- LAN cabling in compliance with CAT5 standards.
- Worked along with the team in ticketing issues.
- Daily responsibilities included monitoring remote site using network management tools, assisted in design guidance for infrastructure upgrade help LAN administrator with backbone connection and connectivity issue Other responsibilities included documentation and support other teams
Designation: Network Engineer
- Involved in Configuring and implementing of Composite Network models consists of Cisco Series switches.
- Configured networks using routing protocols such as RIP, OSPF, BGP and manipulated routing updates using route-map, distribute list and administrative distance for on-demand Infrastructure.
- Implementing traffic engineering on top of an existing Multiprotocol Label Switching MPLS network using Frame Relay and Open Shortest Path First OSPF .
- Implemented Hot Standby Router Protocol HSRP by tuning parameters like preemption.
- Implemented various OSPF scenarios on networks consisting of 7600 routers.
- Configured policy based routing for BGP for complex network systems.
- Configured Multiprotocol Label Switching MPLS VPN with Routing Information Protocol RIP on the customer's Site.
- Tuned BGP internal and external peers with manipulation of attributes such as metric, origin and local Preference.
- Good knowledge on Intrusion Detection and Intrusion Prevention System.
- Responsible for day to day management of Cisco Devices, Traffic management and monitoring. Knowledge on multiplex techniques such as DWDM.
Designation: Desktop Support Specialist
- Provide technical support for users and ensure proper maintenance of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
- Respond to user service requests and expediently resolve trouble tickets to maximize system uptime.
- Deploy new workstations and printers, installing operating systems, applications, and drivers, and configuring network properties and hardware.
- Support disaster recovery plans, performing regular backups and creating Ghost images of workstations prior to upgrades.
- Configuring, Installing and troubleshooting on Check Point Devices.