- 16 years practical experience working in Network environments.
- Strong technical background with a solid history of delivering outstanding customer service with commitment to quality and satisfaction.
- Solid knowledge of network administration and support under Windows NT/ 2000/2003/2008 server environments.
- Expertise in supporting and troubleshooting hardware, software and networking issues.
- Outstanding communication skills, organized, exceptional follow through and very detail oriented.
- Capable of taking charge, interface effectively with upper management, vendors, staff and peers.
- Profound insight to determine priorities, schedule work, and meet critical deadlines within budgetary guidelines.
- Adept in handling large amounts of responsibility as both a team and individually.
- Team player with excellent communication and presentation skills.
LAN/WAN Admin, Switch and Router Tech, Windows Server Administration, Exchange Administration, Active directory, Backup Admin, Applications Admin, DNS, WINS, DHCP, TCP/IP, VOIP, IIS, FTP, SSH, DOS, RDP, VNC, Hardware Tech, Global Security, Local Security, Firewall Admin, Terminal Server, Remote Admin, Helpdesk Management, Telecom Manager, Procurement, Budget Analyst, Vendor Relations.
Hardware: Servers, Desktops, Laptops, Thin Clients, Hand Held/PDA, Windows Mobile devices, Jet directs, Switches, Routers, PBX& rsquo s (Samsung, Nortel, Asterisk), T 1& rsquo s/PRI& rsquo s, Printers, Scanners, Copiers, Security Cam& rsquo s, DVR equipment
Server OS 2000, 2003, 2008 Terminal Server 2000,2003,20008,2012
E mail OS Exchange Server 5.5 2000, 2003, 2007,2012
Desktop OS 95, 98, ME, 2000, XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8
Reporting Syslog, Veritas Backup Exec 8.0, Arc Serve 11.1, Track it, Remedy, Surf Control, Opalis Robot, VMWare, VNC, RDP, TeamViewer, Logmein, gotopc, Spam titan, Open Manger web Client, Solar Winds Suite, PC Anywhere, Dameware, Kaseya, and various other network reporting tools.
AntiVirus Symantec, Computer Associates, Trends Micro, AVG, MS Essentials
MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, Project, Visio
Private Contract/Consulting South Florida
Contracting companies include: West Palm Beach Event Hall, MEI Healthcare Group, Chesterfield Harley Davidson, Chef 24 7, Davis Environmental Consulting, The Box, MethaPharm, The Concussion Network
- Consulting small to medium size businesses on Data and Telecom business needs.
- Implementing small business routers with firewall and VPN solutions. Adding access points for wifi broadcasting.
- Installing smart switches with QOS and POE to relieve network congestion with VOIP communications.
- Installing and managing DVR and security equipment with mobile solutions for remote viewing.
- Server management, backup and storage solutions. User permissions and file management.
- PC/laptop setup, repairs and connectivity.
- Mobile device support on all cellular and tablet devices.
- Pinter/scanner networking, setup and repairs.
- Disaster recovery and hurricane preparedness solutions with cloud base hosting.
- Network and telecom new cabling installations.
ConfidentialCoral Springs, FL
Business and financial skills aimed at cloud computing proponents to make the business redundant with an easy cloud based access and deployment system. Nix any cloud project that doesn& rsquo t meet the specific needs of the company& rsquo s requirements. Build a return on investment (ROI) case, and monitor / make judgment calls on metrics based off business performance versus the costs of supporting or subscribing to other cloud features.
- Technical skill requirements, both hardware and software are met for the cloud to be built and managed in house. Knowledge heavily focused on Internet capabilities. Java and. NET framework skills that come to the forefront, as well as knowledge of virtualization to be assisted from outsourced help. Knowledge of open source tools, language converters and currency converters for international business relations.
- Expertise in enterprise architecture and business needs essential for laying out a roadmap of what services & ndash whether they are coming from IT or an outside provider. Able to work with the business, speak the language of the business, as well as work with IT professionals in an understanding, service oriented arena.
- Project management skills with IT related projects, which require marshaling people and a variety of resources from across the enterprise to agree on goals, establish timelines, and meet milestones in a timely manner. Keep all cloud projects from eventually costing far more than the on premises systems they were designed to replace.
- Contract and vendor negotiations w orking with cloud providers to negotiate service level agreements and support availability. Minimize the fine print in vendors& rsquo contracts and call them on the carpet when things aren& rsquo t performing as planned. Proactive secondary solutions if cloud services have outages or are habitually underperforming.
- Security and compliance with the use of security protocols related to the understanding of mandates and regulations & ndash such as Sarbanes Oxley, HIPAA, PCI, SAAS and the myriad of data handling laws from the European Union to states within the United States and Canada.
- Data integration and analysis skills with consistency and timeliness through cloud based systems mesh seamlessly with on premises ERP. Designed within the cloud, to provide analytical environments.
- Mobile app deployment and management making mobile devices in the workplace part of the cloud computing by the need to provide services that can be accessed by any and all devices, be they laptops, tablets or smartphones.
Environment: Win Server 2003/2008/2012 , Exchange Server 2003, Terminal Server 2003/2008, SQL 2005, IIS 6.0, CRM 4.0, SharePoint 2, Desktop XP Pro/Win7/Win8, Office 2003/2007/2010 , Dell/HP laptop, HP servers, HP printers, Canon/Oce& rsquo Copiers, Cisco ASA firewall 5510 / 5505. ASDM Cisco management.
Crown Liquor Stores KFORCE Professional Staffing Nov & rsquo 11 to Feb& lsquo 12
Senior IT Support Engineer
- LAN/WAN support and review of current infrastructure making necessary changes where needed.
- Backup Exec services where failed to current tape library which was brought back up as a secondary backup to a physical NAS.
- Support 26 store front communities including all PC& rsquo s running on Legacy POS system with ODBC connections over the WAN, all voip phones, offline server, Cisco ASA 5505& rsquo s, AP using POE injectors, network printers, label printers, barcode scanners, inventory handheld scanners using wi fi connections.
- Security systems including DVR setup, wiring and mounting CCTV& rsquo s, replacing outdoor casing with fog/tamper resistant enclosures for both 24v and 12v.
- Install new Kwiktag Server for paperless audit trail and add to current backups.
- Upgrade systems for ADP portal for time clock and payroll management.
- Manage AD in Win Server 2003 environment as well as Exchange 2003 on Win Server 2003.
- Clean up and manage current inventory of all hardware and software.
Senior IT Engineer
Confidential, is the market leader in providing technology solutions to correctional environments. JPay is a dynamic and highly innovative company which lends to a professional and sophisticated work environment where team members respect and grow together.
Core Accomplishments: Migrated from server 2000 to 2008. Moved pop3 email to hosted exchange server 2007. Upgraded phone system from a legacy NEC to Toshiba CIX 200 VOIP solution. Consolidated several ATT services to Corporate UBN billing platform. Upgraded LAN communication from local Business class DSL to Metro E fibre 10 burst able to 100 hosted at Terremark NAP. Moved core communications to Terremark for VPN and telecom for PCI compliance. Deployed over 400 nodes to both hard wired and wireless WAN environments within the Depart of Correction State facilities in Multiple States. Secured PPTP VPN communications with dedicated remote support on multiple SLA& rsquo s.
- Analyzed, reviewed and inspected findings to determine source of problem, and recommended repair, replacement, or other corrective action as well as coordinated problem resolution with engineering, customer service, and other personnel to expedite repairs.
- Maintained records of performance reports.
- Determined trends affecting future design, production, service, and maintenance processes.
- Monitored product quality and used modern technology to produce and analyze designs to simulate and test how a machine, structure, or system operates to generate specifications for parts and control process efficiency
- Integrated, performed first level test, operated, trouble shot at the top level, and repaired electronic equipment and systems comprised of numerous subsystems (DC power, antennas, receivers, transceivers, laptops/software, Ethernet LAN' s, WAN& rsquo s etc.).
- Mechanical ability in the installation and servicing of electronic equipment.
- Required ability to assess the needs of a customer in difficult environments and provide field expedient solutions using methods, tools and material that is on hand.
- The demonstrated ability to interface well with external customers in person, via telephone and e mail which is critical. As well as follow through for job completion.
- Performed background checks working with multiple correctional facilities.
- Previous field service with the repair/maintenance of electronic equipment.
- Experience with operations having Technical Degrees.
- Experience with writing procedures/technical materials.
- Excellent professional written and verbal communication and team player skills.
- Experience with the operation of PCI compliance.
- Experience with SATCOM and wireless mesh routers equipment.
- Experience with hands on integration and operation of electronic equipment, understanding of communication and networking technologies.
- Ability to travel, including difficult or potentially hazardous locations.
Miami, FLSystems Administrator
This job involved managing a helpdesk department, restructuring the current LAN/Wan environment and security as well as opening new facilities and maintaining the current infrastructure.
- Improved communications on the LAN by installing managed gigabit switches with POE and QOS with a fiber backbone
- Managed and eventually replaced Nortel BCM400 PBX with an Asterisk PBX and IP telephony.
- Migrated current exchange 2003 environment to a new server by adding an exchange server tree and moving over all MDBData and mailboxes to minimize e mail disruption
- Fully re wired all facilities with cat6 including all data and phone jacks, 66 blocks and patch panels.
- Improve all server performance and install reporting tools for services and failures
- Integrated work load with a SQL / .Net development team for database, intranet, web services and reporting needs.
- Installed spam filter and a spamming mail server as well as a redundant mail capture server
- Redefined current data processing structure and permission sets for sales process
- Created detail plan for disaster recovery and structure for collocation site
- Mapped all network and telecom devices and assessed data and telecom WAN communications
- Implemented bldg security by installing security cameras, door locks and a reporting/control server.
- Consolidated all billing for IT and improved vendor relations
- Managed a five location WAN and improved billing rates on PRI and T 1 communications
- Moved backups from Veritas to Arcserve improving backups as well as scheduling proper backups and implemented Iron Mountain services for safe storage
- Managed Pix firewall using ASDM client utility for Cisco NAT and translations
Environment: Win Server 2003, Exchange Server 2003, Terminal Server 2003, Arcserve Brightstore 11.1, SQL 2005, IIS 6.0, VMWare, Cyblock, Noble House, IMail, Solaris Winds, Open Manager, Peachtree, Desktop XP Pro, Office 2003, Dell desktop, Dell and HP servers, HP printers, Canon Copiers, Nortel BCM400 and Asterisk PBX
Miami , FL
A pharmaceutical distribution company that sales primarily to Hospitals, Universities and doctors offices as a supplier of multiple blood integrated products worldwide.
This Project consisted of following Phases:
- Managed network and six locations nationwide.
- Implemented SAP development and production servers
- Improved Network and security
- Created an essential WAN environment to replace existing structure
- Involved in designing a network structure to facilitate six functional distributing operations
- Designed a secure environment for an inside and outside sales force consisting of over 150 reps
- High level design of data processing to several outside networks for client data information and system processing
- Structured communication flow of data development between departments and vendor relations
- Facilitated outside commercial vending and procurement to improve allocated budgets
- Combined and structured multiple facilities into a single corporate hub
- Scheduled timeline projects to complete multiple migrations of networked facilities
- Preparation of quality procedures, guidelines and Test Plans.
- Created reports with cascading prompts with Single Select and Auto submit Multi Select and Reprompt.
- Manage pix firewall and related connectivity
- Active Directory OU and permission layouts
- Managed Veritas backups and improve backup info stores
- Improve disaster recovery policies and protection plan
Environment: Nt 4.0, Server 2000, Exchange 5.5. Exchange 2000, SAP, SQL 2000, Act 2003, Quickbooks 2003, Terminal Server 2000, Desktop Win 2000 and XP, HP Servers, Office 2000, HP printers
- Reported to the CEO, hired to manage a small Network and three remote locations.
- Resolved all server, desktop and PBX issues.
- Helped develop new network structure, updated all IT policies and implemented new working environments.
- Developed company website and work with marketing dept. to deploy and maintain marketing materials.
- Update all software licenses and resolve outstanding balances for previous IT related purchasing.
Environment: Nt 4.0, Server 2000, Exchange 5.5. Exchange 2000, Terminal Server 2000, Desktop Win 2000 and XP, HP Servers, Office 2000, HP printers
Completed multiple projects for various companies where my expertise in Networking, Server and Computer support was needed. Included but not limited to routers, switches, servers, desktops and PBX& rsquo s in multiple various environments.